Pat Tomasulo says to "Boycott Uber"

Mapnik

Good luck with that... Go ahead and boycott Walmart/McDonald's/Exxon/Etc.

Dude's humor is allright, but hearing it from a pax is not that interesting. Why does this guy need an Uber to begin with? - get a taxi if the service is not good enough for you at these poverty-inducing price levels. Maybe also don't request to get dropped/picked at Madison/Dearborn or about 55 other places people think the guy is going to be sitting there waiting calmly for you to show up.

qiaoxiaopang

Good luck with that... Go ahead and boycott Walmart/McDonald's/Exxon/Etc.

Dude's humor is allright, but hearing it from a pax is not that interesting. Why does this guy need an Uber to begin with? - get a taxi if the service is not good enough for you at these poverty-inducing price levels.

Am wondering if the guy in the video is just an attention freak or just wants to get his name out there. Anyway, boycotting Uber is useless as there are countless zombies out there with their cell phones out waiting for an Uber even as I write this post.

Mapnik

Am wondering if the guy in the video is just an attention freak or just wants to get his name out there. Anyway, boycotting Uber is useless as there are countless zombies out there with their cell phones out waiting for an Uber even as I write this post.
clearly trying to make a name for himself - going for that YouTube fame - it might be funny if everything he was saying wasn't completely unoriginal and didn't have the kind of tone of your typical paxhole - which, by the way, it's been well established that paxholes are actually the true clowns in this circus.

Mapnik

I never heard of the guy either. I haven't owned a TV since 2002, but even if I did guys like this are a dime a dozen.

That reminds me of when I had a pax from out of town asking me about Mancow and seemed incredulous that I didn't know everything about his on/off air status - I could care less about Mancow, I don't listen to FM radio, and all I can tell you is his name was around at least about 20 years ago and I think I listened to him for about 3 minutes one time and then turned it off because he's a cheap immitation of Howard Stern...

Regardless, this guy won't get enough views on this to pay for the shirt he's wearing.

I might have to post on his YouTube and say that he's **clearly in the pocket of the taxi cartel**... see how that goes over to the 400 people that see it.

Last edited:

northsider87

passengers pre-Uber: these taxis are charging us so much! they're rude and their cars stink! if there are no cabs outside my apartment/house, i have to take the bus and train. i wish i had another option!

UberX: we've addressed all those issues. we are giving you more options.

passengers now: its expensive when there is high demand. they are ripping us off!

UberPool: we are cheaper than UberX. pool rides match you with other riders going in the same direction. we've also added more drivers to suppress surge pricing. we don't care who is driving, just need more drivers so you won't cry about surge pricing.

passengers still: but, Travis supports Trump. charged us surge pricing at the airports because there were no Uber cars at the airports. they're eye-gouging us. i don't understand how supply and demand works. BOYCOTT!!!!

taxi cab drivers: muwahahaha!

Uber passengers become taxi passengers: i can't believe how Uber treats its drivers. you guys know where you're going even though i'm paying more for this ride. i'll use Uber when there aren't taxis around.

Uber drivers: .... why isn't there a surge? why is it so slow?

Last edited:

Mapnik

How much you wanna bet, there was some monetary gift given to this moron for the making of this video.
This type of video is def not self-produced. And this @@@@@@ doesn't work for free, I'm sure. No doubt about that. So it cost some money. How much money? Probably not a huge amount, but Lyft could easily/obviously cover the cost of something like this. Why he doesn't want to boycott 'ridesharing' (the misnomer of the decade) in general makes the whole thing quite suspect. Lyft is no better/different than Uber, no matter how they try to play the PR game.

DaCoach

Oh yeah! ! Love it!! Get rid of all of it!!

I never heard of the guy either. I haven't owned a TV since 2002, but even if I did guys like this are a dime a dozen.

That reminds me of when I had a pax from out of town asking me about Mancow and seemed incredulous that I didn't know everything about his on/off air status - I could care less about Mancow, I don't listen to FM radio, and all I can tell you is his name was around at least about 20 years ago and I think I listened to him for about 3 minutes one time and then turned it off because he's a cheap immitation of Howard Stern...

Regardless, this guy won't get enough views on this to pay for the shirt he's wearing.

I might have to post on his YouTube and say that he's **clearly in the pocket of the taxi cartel**... see how that goes over to the 400 people that see it.
Do u live here!! Watch the news once in awhile! !

Thank you, Tomoslo! This is NOT a "side hustle". I know where WGN studios are. I will come pick you up.
Learn how to spell! ! That's probably y u r an x driver! !

lakersfan1

Oh yeah! ! Love it!! Get rid of all of it!!

Do u live here!! Watch the news once in awhile! !

Learn how to spell! ! That's probably y u r an x driver! !

U 4 real? This probalbly why I have a Master's Degree from a top 100 school, and you still dumb. When you kill some Taliban or Al Quaida, let us know ... @@@@@@bag.

NadZrag

U 4 real? This probalbly why I have a Master's Degree from a top 100 school, and you still dumb. When you kill some Taliban or Al Quaida, let us know ... ******bag.
Here he goes, the well educated soldier is about to throw a tantrum in 5,4,3,2........
Regardless of what you've done, don't forget, you are currently a full time UBER driver.
Dang it, he is going to report me and I will get canned for a week or two. Because that's what you do.

Jinxstone

We should all email the news department at WGN with the subject line, Boycott WGN Morning News. Explain that drivers make .72/mile and .14/minute. Demand that Tomasulo apologize to drivers. Get your family and friends to send an email too. Let's see if we can get a little social media action going on FB, Twitter and Instagram. Maybe one of the other local stations will see it and run with it to embarrass the competition. Screw Tomasulo. Let the little prick walk. No Uber for WGN staff.

WGN News department email:
[email protected]

DaCoach

Here he goes, the well educated soldier is about to throw a tantrum in 5,4,3,2........
Regardless of what you've done, don't forget, you are currently a full time UBER driver.
Dang it, he is going to report me and I will get canned for a week or two. Because that's what you do.
Exactly! ! But hes so much better and smarter than everyone !! But he ubers!!

chitown73

This type of video is def not self-produced. And this ****** doesn't work for free, I'm sure. No doubt about that. So it cost some money. How much money? Probably not a huge amount, but Lyft could easily/obviously cover the cost of something like this. Why he doesn't want to boycott 'ridesharing' (the misnomer of the decade) in general makes the whole thing quite suspect. Lyft is no better/different than Uber, no matter how they try to play the PR game.
Umm.... did you actually watch the video? He talked about Lyft being "no different" than Uber.

Mapnik

Umm.... did you actually watch the video? He talked about Lyft being "no different" than Uber.
Yeah, I watched it, but it was so annoying I wasn't paying that close of attention... just puzzling about "who is this @@@@@@bag?"

Do u live here!! Watch the news once in awhile!
Are you 76 years old!!

I haven't owned a TV since 2002.

Lol... "the news"... local news, at that.... quite rich.

Tell us where you live, pal. I live in Buena Park. Come see me anytime.

Last edited: