Passengers not putting on their seat belts

Uber King

it really pisses me off when passengers don't put on their seat belts! there honestly dumb passengers out there, when they get into any car, by law they must wear a seat belt at all times. some of them "forget" or are used to not wearing seat belts because they used to catch taxis and not wear seat belts at all!. this really shits me. all the time I have to tell my passengers to please put on their seat belts. I had one drunk which I asked him to put on his seat belt and he did but then he took it off, I explained to him that by law u must wear a seat belt at all times when you are in the car while in motion, he said to me that "nah u don't need to wear a seat belt and he says it's not the law to put on seat belts" and I'm like this guy is seriously dumb, his gf understood and put on her seat belt straight away but the stupid bf of hers wasn't, so anyways I dropped them off at their location and while they were getting out, the guy called me a "@@@@ing @@@@".

Any of you uber drivers experienced the same issue as me or have to keep mentioning to your passengers to put on their seat belts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reversoul

Just another reason I'm so glad to be doing deliveries only.

I've had pax get in and ask why my car is making an annoying beeping sound.

I tell them it makes that noise when someone fails to put their seatbelt on.

You'd be surprised how many didn't get the hint.

Uber_Syd8

1 star riders for not wearing seat belts. I hate those that dont do it after you till them or those that just slip it over their shoulder but never click it in. And then I've had those that say as long as they are over 18, it's their choice whether to wear one. @@@@@@s

Dissendat

But seriously, it annoys me too. Those who grew up in Australia do. But many people from other countries don't. I listen for the click now, and if I don't hear it I will ask them to put it on. If I have to ask you lose one star per person who didn't have it on.

I have never had anybody refuse to put it on but if they do, I will kick them out (never had to end a trip early).

UXDriver

Umm seat belt off or refusing to put it on

Your ride is over

Why you would continue to drive them shows how stupid you as the driver are

Reactions: GPH

uberdoobie_uberdoobie

I've had country folk and kiwis both comment that 'we don't use 'em back home" ... but they happily put them on

I hate having to check rider's seatbelts are buckled in the back seats, as the women might think I'm checking them out ... but I just dont want that fine .. I think they get fined too, or atleast that's what I tell riders not wearing ...

Nishant

Thats why the best part is my car makes an irritating noise if seatbelt is not on. I just politely say pls put it on or else this noise will kill us both, and we laught it off and move on

WollyDriver

Thats why the best part is my car makes an irritating noise if seatbelt is not on. I just politely say pls put it on or else this noise will kill us both, and we laught it off and move on
Does that include pax sitting in the back? My car only cares about the two front seats...

My problem seems to be pax in the back who can't find the seatbelt to click it into. Had a few ask if I even have a middle belt (yes, a proper shoulder belt, but maybe opposite side to "normal", I never sit in back seats, so I wouldn't know whats normal lol).

Most usually get it within around 30 seconds... Never had anyone refuse so far. Sometimes I'll just keep the light on and not move until all belts are on .... then they think I'm being polite :smiles:

fields

Umm seat belt off or refusing to put it on

Your ride is over

Why you would continue to drive them shows how stupid you as the driver are
I 100% agree! In NSW the driver loses three demerit points if a passenger is not wearing a seatbelt. Not worth taking the risk. In fact not only would I cancel the ride, I would also complain via email to Uber about this rider.

Have to say though, I would probably take the matter to court if I ever got done for an Uber passenger not wearing a seatbelt. We have to pay GST like taxi drivers, so I don't see why we should be responsible for paying riders not wearing seatbelts.

Mizan

Both gets the fine, pax and driver in NSW, if pax don't wear seat belt, AND also three demerits points for the driver that happened to one of my friend who drives UberX.

I think we should keep some money every week to pay fine :frown:

Uber King

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
when passengers get into my car, straight away on my dash shows the 3 seats in the back that seat belts are not on, so when they put it on I can see it on the dash.

Mizan

Good on ya mate @ Uber King, just wondering which car (model/brand) you drive for UberX

Wish all our car got that option!

Nishant

Same with my car
It blinks which seat belt also is not clicked in
So no passenger misses out. No excuses possible
Because unless you put on the belt, the stupid ling doesn't stop, so if the passenger wants the irritations to go, put on the seat beltssss

dumbdriver

it really pisses me off when passengers don't put on their seat belts! there honestly dumb passengers out there, when they get into any car, by law they must wear a seat belt at all times. some of them "forget" or are used to not wearing seat belts because they used to catch taxis and not wear seat belts at all!. this really shits me. all the time I have to tell my passengers to please put on their seat belts. I had one drunk which I asked him to put on his seat belt and he did but then he took it off, I explained to him that by law u must wear a seat belt at all times when you are in the car while in motion, he said to me that "nah u don't need to wear a seat belt and he says it's not the law to put on seat belts" and I'm like this guy is seriously dumb, his gf understood and put on her seat belt straight away but the stupid bf of hers wasn't, so anyways I dropped them off at their location and while they were getting out, the guy called me a "&%[email protected]!*ing ****".

Any of you uber drivers experienced the same issue as me or have to keep mentioning to your passengers to put on their seat belts?
yes many times they also won't put on overgarments when they are incontinent urinating they won't wear muzzles face masks when they want to vomit or throw up they won't sit on the paper and plastic I put on the seats to cover up those pills I just think they're being totally unreasonable don't you

dumbdriver

Both gets the fine, pax and driver in NSW, if pax don't wear seat belt, AND also three demerits points for the driver that happened to one of my friend who drives UberX.

I think we should keep some money every week to pay fine :frown:
you know I used to agree with you one hundred percent unfortunately the first time at night when you're driving down the highway at 60 70 miles an hour and the customer in the backseat starts choking you with your seatbelt you might change your mind on this one

dumbdriver

Same with my car
It blinks which seat belt also is not clicked in
So no passenger misses out. No excuses possible
Because unless you put on the belt, the stupid ling doesn't stop, so if the passenger wants the irritations to go, put on the seat beltssss
go to the junkyard and get the clip that Clips onto the belt for the seat belt fastener cut it off and just stick it in there it'll stop beeping if they can't wear their seatbelt sometimes when I get customers who weighs 400-800 pounds the seat belt won't Fit arouses them anyway so I don't want to hear it beep!