Passengers keep telling me the license plate on their app, DOES NOT MATCH MINE.

mellemel306

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if any other drivers had passengers tell them that the license plate associated with the drivers vehicle was INCORRECT in the Uber app.

I've arrived at locations, had passengers look at my vehicle, then plate and then keep looking, after a minute or so they would slowly approach the vehicle and ask if it was me who was supposed to pick them up. 5 times it was me who was supposed to pick them up. The ALL told me that the license plate given on their app did not match mine. WTF.

I contacted Uber about it and it still happens. Just curious if this just not me.

Be safe out there.

Zap

Yeah, going from temp plates to perm plates. But, many pax mistake the vehicle model for the license plate number. Next time it happens to you, verify by having the pax show you what is reported on the rider app. Take a pic of the rider's screen & attach to your next Uber support adventure on the subject. :rolleyes:

NHDriver

Uber has the wrong model of my car listed. I asked that they change it. They told me to send a picture of my vehicle and a picture of my registration. I replied you already have that information, please change it. That was a month ago, no change.

DragginMyCouch DMC

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if any other drivers had passengers tell them that the license plate associated with the drivers vehicle was INCORRECT in the Uber app.

Exact same

I've arrived at locations, had passengers look at my vehicle, then plate and then keep looking, after a minute or so they would slowly approach the vehicle and ask if it was me who was supposed to pick them up. 5 times it was me who was supposed to pick them up. The ALL told me that the license plate given on their app did not match mine. WTF.

I contacted Uber about it and it still happens. Just curious if this just not me.

Be safe out there.
Hello Folks,

Be safe out there.

Exact same thing happened to me. Only when I fessed up to Uber. They put my account on hold till I sent them my registration again. It took a couple of days only though.

pizza guy

Had that happen about 3 months after I started. Some Chinese guy actually checked the plate and showed methe app said something different. They had the right plate on my registration so I sent another picture of my registration and a picture of the plate on the car. I think they had it fixed by the end of the day.

mellemel306

My experience has been that contacting Uber support is like spitting in the wind. I told them twice about this issue and they replied and said my account is now correct, but passengers still tell me the plate is not what is given. So I decided to put my correct license plate on the Driver Profile under about me, I don't know if passengers read it, but it cuts out spit in my face. Be safe out there.

DragginMyCouch DMC

Show the passenger your phone with their name on it. They can also see your chauffeurs license in the window where everything matches. If that doesn't work. Tell them please report me to Uber and drive away. Let them cancel.

lakersfan1

PAX are morons. My plates on my Jetta are specialty and read MRAP (horizontally) , then GH (vertically). I've had several PAX tell me they were looking for MRAP-GH, so they didn't know it was me. So tempted to cancel on their stupid, stupid, stupid asses.

Paladin220

PAX are morons. My plates on my Jetta are specialty and read MRAP (horizontally) , then GH (vertically). I've had several PAX tell me they were looking for MRAP-GH, so they didn't know it was me. So tempted to cancel on their stupid, stupid, stupid asses.
I get the same thing with my plates - nobody can see the vertical DD on the side apparently