Passenger's favor

Woon

When you turn on the gps system, it says arrival time is 2 pm.
Takes 30 mins / 20 miles ride.
The pax must get to the location before 2. (1:59 pm is okay)
The arrival time changes depends on the traffic. It is not 100% accurate.
Pax will give you $20 if you make it to the location.
Would you be reckless and do the job?

Coaststarlight

Not worth the risk, there's plenty of other fairs you can get lucky on (Unexpected Tips, catching a long surge Trip, ect...) let that one go, no garentee they'll honer the money, can't justify you got a ticket or into an accident over $20 offer, just let that one go

I used to say what's the harm, but after being at it for awhile, you never know who's gonna screw you, you might get there and get the "oh I only have big bills, and I can't give you 100, sorry"

mghtyred

Phrases like "and step on it", "I'm in a real hurry", "let's get moving" "I need to be at x by y", are all instant red flags. If they say it before the trip starts, I inform them "Sir/mam, the trip will take as long as it takes. Google will provide me with the quickest possible route, and we will get an ETA when we start the trip. Barring any accidents or other unforeseen traffic delays, that will be the time we will arrive. I will not break the laws of California or physics to get you there quicker".

If they laugh at my lame science reference, I know I'm in good shape. If they simply say OK, I start the trip, and hope for the best. If they get salty, it's "Thank you for choosing Uber. This ride is over. Please exit the vehicle" time.

If they start complaining during the trip, like for example asking me to go above the speed limit, or weave through traffic, I inform them that "Your safety is my top priority. I will not go above the speed limit or drive recklessly to get you to your destination faster. If for some reason you have a problem with that, I can pull over and end your trip here". By qualifying it by mentioning their safety, most will calm down. If they continue to complain, I pull over because it's GTFO time.

Tedgey

When you turn on the gps system, it says arrival time is 2 pm.
Takes 30 mins / 20 miles ride.
The pax must get to the location before 2. (1:59 pm is okay)
The arrival time changes depends on the traffic. It is not 100% accurate.
Pax will give you $20 if you make it to the location.
Would you be reckless and do the job?
Not reckless but there are ways to hurry without being reckless. Timing lights is the most obvious but it's harder than it looks because if you roll the first one but not the second then all you've done is get to the second light early. So reckless, no but I'd push it for them just because it makes me stressed to have somebody running late