1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Passengers calls cops

Discussion in 'Stories' started by R3NO, Jan 7, 2017.

1. R3NO

R3NO Member

I had the pleasure of picking up a young lady who told me of an uber driver who picked her up. She said he showered her with compliments, and at first she respectfully acknowledged and kindly thanked the driver. The driver took this to a different level and made her uncomfortable. He circled the drop off INSTEAD of dropping her off. She said she would call the police, he didn't believe it and persisted in his persuit for something more - she called and gave the authorities the license plate number discreetly and shortly after was pulled over and arrested, and police gave the passenger a ride to her destination. The driver ended up being a sexual offender/pedofile. I dont know how this passed the background check but what I do know is that my very first impression is to make my passenger feel safe and comfortable. I'm in favor of making sure the criteria for driver are like anything other job. Don't wreck it for the dudes trying to make a decent living don't you agreee?

cakoo10, JimKE and tohunt4me like this.
  2. Stray cat

Stray cat Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Do you have a link to the news of that alleged arrest? Or are you basing your post on her word alone?

Just out of curiosity, how does one say something "discreetly" on the phone from the backseat?

Was she a minor? How is the allegation he is a pedophile relevant to an adult pax?

Blackout 702, Buber2005 and tohunt4me like this.
  3. R3NO

R3NO Member

Hey........ I'm simply describing the story that was told to me. I'm not bothering with research. I will say this..... where ever or however the story evolves its bad news for drivers.

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. R3NO

R3NO Member

We're under the "Stories" category.......... just a story

JMBF831 and tohunt4me like this.
  5. Stray cat

Stray cat Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    How is hearsay from some chick bad news for drivers?

Buber2005 and tohunt4me like this.

6. R3NO

R3NO Member

Well she didn't say a good review about a past experience lie or not

tohunt4me likes this.
  7. R3NO

R3NO Member

Just letting y'all know what a passenger said to me - do with the info as you please.

Grahamcracker likes this.
  8. shiftydrake

shiftydrake Well-Known Member

Yeah I always beleive what pax tells me.............get I gotta bridge to sell you?....interested?

Buber2005 likes this.
  9. Notch Johnson

Notch Johnson Member

It does seem odd that she would continue to use uber after that happened.

10. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

Did she give you a tip?

11. R3NO

R3NO Member

No but she gave me a reroute lol

12. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

He circled the drop off INSTEAD of dropping her off. ????

13. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

No good story goes unpunished around here.

Undermensch and negeorgia like this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Amazing technology the police in that community must have if they can pinpoint the location of a vehicle simply by having a license plate number.

Tatertot, gronk and robg77 like this.
  15. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I think Uber drivers should be subjected to the same level of background checking ( they are not, currently ) as limo & taxi drivers, fingerprinting, random urinalysis, etc. But, the whole reason UBer backed out of Austin was that Austin required it, and Uber wouldn't give, so they stopped service to Austin ( to the joy of local cabbies ).

R3NO likes this.
  16. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Someone told me that if you look in a mirror and say Bloody Mary three times, the next time you message Uber India you'll get a rep who doesn't speak English as well as would be expected from a customer service rep. Hey, I'm just passing on what I heard.

17. R3NO

R3NO Member

Yep - well that's what she said - all weird

18. R3NO

R3NO Member

Lmao

Blackout 702 likes this.
  19. negeorgia

negeorgia Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    But we are a nation of people that make major decisions based on hearsay, instead of taking the time to research.

cakoo10 likes this.
  20. R3NO

R3NO Member

DoingItLocal | Fairfield News: Uber Driver Calls Cops On Drunk PassengerFairfield ...
    DoingItLocal › 2017/01 › fairfield-news-...
    Jan 1, 2017 - 12:30pm–#Fairfield Connecticut– An Uber driver just called Fairfield Police on a drunk passenger….isn't that the intention, ...
    Uber Passenger Arrested After Sexually Assaulting Driver: Glendale Police | KTLA
    KTLA › 2016/11/22 › uber-passenger-ar...
    Nov 22, 2016 - Uber Passenger Arrested After Sexually Assaulting Driver: ... ( Credit: Glendale Police Department) ... to call the Glendale PoliceDepartment at 818-548- 4911.
    Cops Say Uber Driver Saved 16-Year-Old Passenger From Sex Trafficking | Fortune ...
    Fortune › 2016/12/31 › uber-saves-girl-s...
    Dec 31, 2016 - Cops Say Uber Driver Saved 16-Year-Old Passenger From Sex .... woman stayed in the car and made one more phone call .
    Police investigating Uber car damaged in Chelsea explosion to learn about bomb ...

Google it yourselves - guess what - I won't post stories I'll let google do it