Passenger Puked

Mom2stella

I had my first passenger vomit all over the front seat of my car tonight. I immediately pulled over and took pictures. I have leather and most of the vomit made it on the floor mat and the leather. I was able to clean up the seat, dumped the floor mat into a trash bag, and Febrezed the hell out of my car. I was back to work after a half hour. Uber support will not let me submit my claim on the help with trip as I do not have a receipt for the detailing. If I clean it myself can anyone suggest how I get a receipt for the cleaning fee?

Thanks

steveK2016

Just submit the photo where it says receipt. I've never had to provide a receipt to get reimbursed.

Mars Troll Number 4

I had my first passenger vomit all over the front seat of my car tonight. I immediately pulled over and took pictures. I have leather and most of the vomit made it on the floor mat and the leather. I was able to clean up the seat, dumped the floor mat into a trash bag, and Febrezed the hell out of my car. I was back to work after a half hour. Uber support will not let me submit my claim on the help with trip as I do not have a receipt for the detailing. If I clean it myself can anyone suggest how I get a receipt for the cleaning fee?

Thanks

Make something up in excel,
Fake receipts are REALLY EASY
Print it out, highlight the $200 and scan it back in and your golden.

JCs auto detailing
2278 Any street, Las Vegas Nevada. 66699

detailing basic $75
Human bio-hazard/body fluid cleanup- $200

Detailer- John H. Malone

Sub total $275
Sales tax $19.25

Total- $294.25

XXX-XXXX-XXXX-2255
$294.25 aproved 5/6/2017 10:31 AM

SuzeCB

Thanks
I ran across this last week, when someone actually urinated all over himself and the backseat of my car. I submitted a third picture of the mess instead of a receipt.

Unless your Market is different, the amount of money that you get is not going to be dependent on a receipt, anyway. Check out the help area on the passenger app, and see what the charges are for making a mess. Very useful information, as Uber tells the passenger that we get all of the money that they get charged, but that must not be true because I got $80 for the urine, but they had to have charged passenger either $100 or $200, based on that information in that help section.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I suggest that if any passenger damages the interior of your car with their bodily fluids that you call the police and file a report for vandalism. This will make sure that you have the passenger who did the damage name and address. Many times the passenger who does the damage is not the account holder. The account holder can refuse to pay the damage fee and Uber or Lyft will not pursue it. If you have the passengers name and address and a police report you can sue them in small claims for your detailing, loss of revenue and legal costs. It's a nuisance to do it but it's better than dealing with Uber and Lyft

rembrandt

I suggest that if any passenger damages the interior of your car with their bodily fluids that you call the police and file a report for vandalism. This will make sure that you have the passenger who did the damage name and address. Many times the passenger who does the damage is not the account holder. The account holder can refuse to pay the damage fee and Uber or Lyft will not pursue it. If you have the passengers name and address and a police report you can sue them in small claims for your detailing, loss of revenue and legal costs. It's a nuisance to do it but it's better than dealing with Uber and Lyft

Is there any risk of auto insurance company getting involved in this process of calling the police ? Auto insurers may not enjoy the fact that the driver was using Uber platform without informing them and majority of Uber drivers do not have commercial auto insurance.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Is there any risk of auto insurance company getting involved in this process of calling the police ? Auto insurers may not enjoy the fact that the driver was using Uber platform without informing them and majority of Uber drivers do not have commercial auto insurance.

It should not be a problem. Your Auto insurance company will only be aware of moving violations that you are involved in. This is actually a small claims property damage action that you bring in the municipal court. Its possible that your insurance company could do a more detailed legal record search on you as a policyholder but its not likely. However, you raise an excellent point. I have sued six passengers in small claims court successfully for this over the last three years won every time and it has not impacted my auto insurance for my private car that I use for driving in NJ. However, as full disclosure, I am licensed by the TLC in NYC as well and carry fully taxi and livery liability coverage on the NY TLC licensed cars that I own and operate.

Donuts

"Nope- sorry, civil matter" is what you'll hear if you try to waste police time reporting accidental rider mess.