passenger pin drops and pick ups

Uber_duber

So often the passenger isn't where the pin is. What does it look like on their app? Does the pin drop where they are and not where we are? Does it say the address on their app like it does on ours?
What's going on here? I like to think they're just stupid but maybe there's something more.

Brandon Nagbe

So often the passenger isn't where the pin is. What does it look like on their app? Does the pin drop where they are and not where we are? Does it say the address on their app like it does on ours?
What's going on here? I like to think they're just stupid but maybe there's something more.
they put drive to location and the gps picks the closest or random address

TahoeAl

Sometimes PAX will put pin outside of surge to get better fare. Then they try to get you to come to them.

hewlett2packard

see what happens when u 1 star ubers customers. uber screws with ur head

Uber_duber

Sometimes PAX will put pin outside of surge to get better fare. Then they try to get you to come to them.
There is that, but I'm talking about the people who do it when there is no surge or anything. I wonder what it looks like on the passenger app. Are they just not paying attention?

Uberest

There is another another possible reason and that is that über is integrating service into non-über apps. I am really tired and I can't recall the specific app..... I had this happen with pax and I asked him why didn't u put address in... He said it wasn't an option in the app he used.

agtg

So, I'm right about waiting the five minutes and canceling as "no show"? Sometimes I feel a little guilty if they are kind of close. But if it's in a surge or near the end of an awesome boost, I'll go take it.

They can simply put the exact address into the app and there would be no fuss or muss. Your best bet is to suss out each situation. If they are really close by, and it's not a hassle, go pick them up. If it's way off, wait and collect because it's not your fault they aren't using the app correctly. If they're close, but nasty over the phone, do what you think would be right in that situation. Some people are new, and don't know what they're doing. Others are veterans and love to treat drivers like slaves.

Uber_duber

They can simply put the exact address into the app and there would be no fuss or muss. Your best bet is to suss out each situation. If they are really close by, and it's not a hassle, go pick them up. If it's way off, wait and collect because it's not your fault they aren't using the app correctly. If they're close, but nasty over the phone, do what you think would be right in that situation. Some people are new, and don't know what they're doing. Others are veterans and love to treat drivers like slaves.
If they're nasty, the decision is easier to make. I decided to do this on a 1.4x boost only to find out that they were going to Baltimore from DC in rush hour. I guess it's good I did that because I would've missed out on the 2x boost from 5-7.
But they weren't nasty, I just got a little pissed off and took advantage of the "no show".

CrazyT

I had one who wasn't at the pin, texted me to "reverse" so I'm thinking across the street at the next building. Nope get another text to "reverse". When I asked twice which building are you in I got a "look left" response. Umm there's nothing to the left. Sorry if you can't say I'm in building ___ or I'm at (insert business name). Cancel.

CantThrowCantCatch

Uber had the pin for my old house as the street behind me. So if it's a little off it might not be the paxs fault. But if its more than a few blocks away they accidentally moved the pin.

xjguarx

Yes, they move it a couple of blocks to avoid surge.... I was told by a pax that this practice is well known in heavy Uber users

I had one who wasn't at the pin, texted me to "reverse" so I'm thinking across the street at the next building. Nope get another text to "reverse". When I asked twice which building are you in I got a "look left" response. Umm there's nothing to the left. Sorry if you can't say I'm in building ___ or I'm at (insert business name). Cancel.

I will never forget this pax. I was on 13th and Florida heading towards downtown....this clown (pax) was heading towards Chinatown (the direction I was, since I was coming from Silver Spring.) I spotted my pax, rolled down the window and asked his name, he replied and greeted me; traffic was bad...non stopping from both directions....I asked him where was he heading to and he said Chinatown, I told him to cross the street since I was on the right side (heading downtown) he said NO! You have to pick me up from here! this is where I placed the ping....I wanted to punch him in the face, and I proceed to "try" to make a U turn but since traffic was really bad, it was taking time....I was watching my clock, as soon as I saw that 5 minutes passed......I left the pax....I drove in front of him with a big smile on my face and he....his horror face was priceless. Some paxs are just lazy....hopefully this smart pun*k learned his lesson