Passenger Destination

Amun

We used to be able to see it and that is exactly what we did because uber doesn't protect our profits at all we did it that way so they took seeing the destination away so we get screwed by far pickups for short rides. Also we would wait longer than 5 mins if the drive was worth more hell I waited today for 18mins for a guy to come out because it was 1.8x surge and he was going to cambridge I made 71.56 that @@@@ could have taken 40 mins and I would have waited for that much.

Uberchampion

We used to be able to see it and that is exactly what we did because uber doesn't protect our profits at all we did it that way so they took seeing the destination away so we get screwed by far pickups for short rides. Also we would wait longer than 5 mins if the drive was worth more hell I waited today for 18mins for a guy to come out because it was 1.8x surge and he was going to cambridge I made 71.56 that @@@@ could have taken 40 mins and I would have waited for that much.
I think most of us wait longer for surge pax:rolleyes:

I got a 2× surge tonight...pulled up in three pax driveway and waited 4 min and the ass cancelled. As I pulled away I get a text from the pax asking me to come back..

I glanced at the map and of course the surge was gone..

Told the customer to wait 10 min for me to come back...I wonder if they are still waiting for me?...lol

Campark

Had an xl call last night. Decided it was the last of the day. Drove out there. Waited.... 2 guys get in and its a 1 min drive away. Fine no prob not a big deal. Then he asks me if its uber x or xl... i tell him its xl and i was expecting more people. This guy literally shit himself and started talking about walking. Lol...

I told him its a min away. He was all like cancel it! I told him the difference was negligable. Told him might be a couple dollars difference. Big deal. Couple bucks gonna ruin you? He chilled out right away... some people r @@@@ed and ypu gotta set them straight...

One Star

That got me thinking, do the XL drivers find there are many instances where customers think they ordered X when in fact they ordered XL and then want to cancel when you show up?

Also can someone confirm for me that if the customer cancels within 5 minutes of ordering that they do not have to pay a cancellation fee?

Harry70

That got me thinking, do the XL drivers find there are many instances where customers think they ordered X when in fact they ordered XL and then want to cancel when you show up?

Also can someone confirm for me that if the customer cancels within 5 minutes of ordering that they do not have to pay a cancellation fee?
They don't get charged if they cancel within 5 min

4RSTJ6

hell I waited today for 18mins for a guy to come out because it was 1.8x surge and he was going to cambridge I made 71.56 that @@@@ could have taken 40 mins and I would have waited for that much.
How did you know he was going to Cambridge if you had to wait 18 minutes for him to come out? Did he tell you somehow? If there was a way to find out before starting the trip that would be very cool.

Harry70

How did you know he was going to Cambridge if you had to wait 18 minutes for him to come out? Did he tell you somehow? If there was a way to find out before starting the trip that would be very cool.
U just call them on one pretext or another and ask where u going , so simple

4RSTJ6

I hadn't thought of doing that, mostly because if the way my phone is mounted, using speakerphone us tough to hear them. And I don't have a suitable Bluetooth headset

Campark

2 days in a row. Uber x rider orders xl by accident... was a big surge too lol....

Was a very short trip. Quick 30 bucks in my pocket. For maybe 5 min drive. Pax questioned me again. But his question was how much is it gonna charge him? I answered with i dunno. I told him everything except the fact that he ordered xl. He never asked so i never told him.

Told him it was surging, and i dunno what he gets charged till hes out my car. Fact is we dont make a huge amount of money most the time so i have to take the extras when they r there....

Harry70

2 days in a row. Uber x rider orders xl by accident... was a big surge too lol....

Was a very short trip. Quick 30 bucks in my pocket. For maybe 5 min drive. Pax questioned me again. But his question was how much is it gonna charge him? I answered with i dunno. I told him everything except the fact that he ordered xl. He never asked so i never told him.

Told him it was surging, and i dunno what he gets charged till hes out my car. Fact is we dont make a huge amount of money most the time so i have to take the extras when they r there....
It happened to me so many times ; last week it was funny somebody order sel3ct from North york to Newmarket, he was expecting 20 $ fare , I was quite , check your estimated fare in your app; he end up paying 97 dollars

Token44

It happened to me so many times ; last week it was funny somebody order sel3ct from North york to Newmarket, he was expecting 20 $ fare , I was quite , check your estimated fare in your app; he end up paying 97 dollars
Had a few of those... At least they are worth the 1*. :smiles:

One Star

I am actually wondering if it's truly by accident or if they just order you at XL or Select because you are the only one in the area then when you show up they try and con you by saying "I only ordered X", and then want you to cancel so they don't have to pay cancellation fee and then reorder and have you take them at the X rate.

Token44

I am actually wondering if it's truly by accident or if they just order you at XL or Select because you are the only one in the area then when you show up they try and con you by saying "I only ordered X", and then want you to cancel so they don't have to pay cancellation fee and then reorder and have you take them at the X rate.
Some try... But yeah... That's not going to happen.
I'll just let them know that if they don't want a Select ride they will have to cancel and order an X, by that time the 5 minutes are usually up. :smiles:
I won't accept any subsequent X ping from the same address
Once the trip has started, if they claim they wanted X, I'll just tell them that I can either pull over and end the trip here and they can request an X or continue on to their destination. I remind them that it's still cheaper than a cab if only by a little bit, and they can choose to just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Harry70

Some try... But yeah... That's not going to happen.
I'll just let them know that if they don't want a Select ride they will have to cancel and order an X, by that time the 5 minutes are usually up. :smiles:
I won't accept any subsequent X ping from the same address
Once the trip has started, if they claim they wanted X, I'll just tell them that I can either pull over and end the trip here and they can request an X or continue on to their destination. I remind them that it's still cheaper than a cab if only by a little bit, and they can choose to just sit back and enjoy the ride.
I did once make a mistake of telling the estimated select fare guy jump out of the car; I have posted this earlier as well

Token44

I did once make a mistake of telling the estimated select fare guy jump out of the car; I have posted this earlier as well
I've read that one. I simply state that the cost of the ride is between UBER any the customer through the app, and I have nothing to do with setting the rates, or what UBER charges. I usually follow that with "that's one of the things I like about UBER, I don't have to deal with the money part of the transaction."

It's not like they were going to tip anyway. :wink:

Amun

As soon as you touch my car or come over to talk to me the trip starts imo so he came out to ask me to wait for him cause he was running late I said no problem started the trip and saw where he was going.