Passenger complained about driver avoiding $6 toll

Ozzyoz

A passenger i picked up earlier complained to me about a driver he reported to Lyft before me. The driver was closer to him at Terminal 1 than i was and i thought i was at closest possible place. The driver told the customer that he wants to pick him up at upstairs arrivals area and customer said i am paying $6 anywayz so come meet me at limo area and the mean driver said no you can cancel if you want and that resulted in me getting 75% for a ping from same customer. Had that cheating driver accepted the customer Lyft would of only had customer at 50%

The customer said he reported driver prior to my arrival and i said good. Airport tickets drivers that pickup from that upstairs area get ticketed.

If a drive has to cancel on a passenger that is tired from a long trip--all for just a $6 benefit, man I really feel bad for that driver.

Last edited:

Feisal Mo

Most normal drivers know its not worth getting a $1000 ticket over saving $6. If this is true, I think the driver is dumb. However, the cynic in me thinks this customer is trying to wiggle out of paying 75% surge by making up this story that the driver refused to pick him up at the Limo section and reporting him to Lyft.

Hilljacker

Most normal drivers know its not worth getting a $1000 ticket over saving $6. If this is true, I think the driver is dumb. However, the cynic in me thinks this customer is trying to wiggle out of paying 75% surge by making up this story that the driver refused to pick him up at the Limo section and reporting him to Lyft.
Has anyone verified or know first hand that the fine is really $1000? Seems steep to me but you never know.

Ozzyoz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe customer is telling truth in this case. Some customers appearance and profession shows them to be more honest. Guy was an I.T. man who makes a lot and travels for his job. But maybe you are right, maybe it could be an excuse to get out of the 75% primetime. People don't understand that even at 100% primetime, it won't be more than 50 bucks from airport to downtown and so they worry too much. They picture the 100% or 200% in their mind as being Ginormous. It would be something to worry about if a person is going to Mankato at 75 o 100% . I have taking a person at 75% from Airport to St. Peter which is near Mankato and I made $160ish from him. I ate well that day. Had it not been primetime it may have only cost him $50ish or 60ish.

Hilljacker

Yeah and they impound your car
I talked to an airport police officer the other day and you are correct that they will impound your car. He said though that they will shoot you first as soon as they see the Uber logo in your window. ULM!

BruiserB

I take Uber from the airport when I travel for work. Once I had a driver call me and ask where I wanted to be picked up. I was already at the pickup area so told him to come there. I figured he was trying to get an extra $6. When he got to me I asked why he called...he just said that it was late at night and he was trying to make it easier for me if I was still in the terminal. Lol

Mazda2Uber

I had one passenger last week tell me that an Uber driver tried to pick them up at the regular baggage claim. So they could pocket that six dollar fee. This passenger knew about the fee though. So they canceled the ride and reported that driver to Uber.

I had another passenger recently that told me their Uber driver called them and told them to meet them at baggage claim, so they did. They did not know about the six dollar fee and the pick up rule. They said when they got into the car security came over and started talking to the driver. Security had the passenger get out and they had the driver pull over somewhere and he got some sort of ticket. The passenger had to order a new Uber and go to the correct area. So now that passenger knows the rule as well and they were angry that the driver was trying to pocket that extra six dollars. She actually told me she's considered not using Uber from the airport now because of that.

So drivers need to take this into consideration. When you try to rip off your customers that makes all Uber drivers look bad. That extra six bucks is not worth it. Don't be a @@@@@@! Lol