• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Passenger Cancelled on a trip to Gilroy

This ruined my whole day. I had a passenger going to Gilroy on a 2.3 boost this morning from Bernal Heights. The frustrating part was it was split seconds difference. I was at the stoplight and once the light went green and pass the intersection I got ping and I had to go around a block to pickup the guy. He cancelled quickly and I still try to go to the address hoping I can get him again but no luck. After this i couldn't focus and I was frustrated so I just went home.

Attachments

pushmyredbutton

If he cancelled quickly you don't even know for sure he was ordering correctly. Maybe he put a wrong address, realized it, and cancelled.

Why screw yourself by going home if that were the case?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If he cancelled quickly you don't even know for sure he was ordering correctly. Maybe he put a wrong address, realized it, and cancelled.

Why screw yourself by going home if that were the case?
That's is what I'm trying to do so I can feel better but I was just pissed. That trip alone would equal the bonus.

Curious how you knew he was going to Gilroy if you hadn't picked him up yet?
It showed quickly after he cancelled where he was going. I wish uber would have not shown cancelled rides destination because there's no point.

6%;3htî

This ruined my whole day. I had a passenger going to Gilroy on a 2.3 boost this morning from Bernal Heights. The frustrating part was it was split seconds difference. I was at the stoplight and once the light went green and pass the intersection I got ping and I had to go around a block to pickup the guy. He cancelled quickly and I still try to go to the address hoping I can get him again but no luck. After this i couldn't focus and I was frustrated so I just went home.
I'm sure he cancelled to try to get no surge.

Lord of ricks

i like to leave the city unless its to sausalito or somewhere like that. but oakland and berkeley thats all good with me. plus we make so much more on the long ones.

sporadic

Sometimes I put in a dummy booking on a one way street to pull away an ant with a long distance fake dropoff address, then cancel. Have to pull the ants away from my camping spot.

dutch369

Sometimes I put in a dummy booking on a one way street to pull away an ant with a long distance fake dropoff address, then cancel. Have to pull the ants away from my camping spot.
And you do all this for well below min wage, outstanding!!!!
I'm sure Uber HQ has a spot for such a clever thinker as yourself.
Uber on!!!!

sporadic

And you do all this for well below min wage, outstanding!!!!
I'm sure Uber HQ has a spot for such a clever thinker as yourself.
Uber on!!!!
LOL. Only because my camping spot hits 2x regularly and I want to eliminate all competition. Look, mate, you don't have to be rude. Different markets, different demographics, different types of people willing to pay... But never mind, carry on being your own cynical self, and Uber on. Outstanding contractor.

dutch369

And this always works? I bet you still think Uber X pings are based on closest car to pax, Or how the grid is layed out, good luck you need it!!!

1995flyingspur

ROFL, not really funny but the "couldn't focus" part did make me laugh... Thanks for that lol!!