Passenger App Requires Destination

Boris1212

I just tried to call an UberX and it required me to put in a destination. Double checked to make sure I wasn't on Pool, and I wasn't. So I logged in and went online in Driver mode. Took my own call to see if the added Destination info showed up. Nothing in the ping, nothing in the waybill. So it looks like Uber is going to require destinations now but still not tell us where they're going??

I read recently about them not mentioning the surge rate to pax anymore, and instead giving them a flat rate estimate. I was excited by this news. Thought we might be able to see the estimate or distance on each call instead of surge. But now it seems that maybe they will still keep that info from us?

Anyone else experiencing anything similar? Theories?

Teksaz

It appears they are rolling out the destination filter in all markets and to all drivers. This could very well have something to do with that??

If there's no destination entered, the destination filter would be worthless. (jmo)

Tedgey

It appears they are rolling out the destination filter in all markets and to all drivers. This could very well have something to do with that??

If there's no destination entered, the destination filter would be worthless. (jmo)
I think the destination filter probably looks for a positive match and would see a lack of a destination as just another null. At least that's how I, senior programmer at Microsoft would do it.

Teksaz

Yup, right you are Duck but the thread topic is... Passenger App Requires Destination.

If this is true, I have to give props to Goober. I must have given 8 trips today with NO destination. Pax be like, I'll just tell you how to get there.

I'm mostly cool with that but I like to know where I'm headed just the same and no chance of them claiming I took the wrong route.

Tedgey

Yup, right you are Duck but the thread topic is... Passenger App Requires Destination.

If this is true, I have to give props to Goober. I must have given 8 trips today with NO destination. Pax be like, I'll just tell you how to get there.

I'm mostly cool with that but I like to know where I'm headed just the same and no chance of them claiming I took the wrong route.
Yeah I don't like that I'll just tell you where to go thing either.

Because a lot of the time the next thing they say is it's on the corner of Maple and Stancharry St.

And then I have to say dude, I dig that you think I'm a professional and all but I'm not. I don't even know how to do google maps good enough to put in a corner like that.

Just Another Uber Drive

Yea I get that a lot too Duck. "Magnolia and Sherbertbury by the 7-11"
Cool man, but you do know that that's like every single street corner in the OC right? Also I don't even know where I am right now. So maybe gimme an address.
You can enter the intersection and Google maps will plot a route. You can also just hit the mic icon and just say the intersection.