• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Passenger Accusation deactivates my account!

jjpLAOC513

Uber sent me a message stating that a passenger smelled marijuana in my car and that I “appeared to be under the influence”. I was also told that my account will be deactivated while they investigate further. I was told I will be informed “if and when” my account is reactivated!!
All this based on an accusation!? I do not use or store marijuana in my vehicle. Passengers do come in and out of my vehicle smelling like marijuana. Also, it’s pretty common to pick up pax from a dispensary or even take them to one and wait on them as they purchase.
Has anyone had their account deactivated due to a pax accusation? How was it resolved?

LoveBC

drivers are assumed to be guilty based on any flimsy allegation. Uber/lyft logic. basically they trying to put on a show to avoid liability.
That’s not Uber or Lyft’s call to make. CPUC makes that call. Uber and Lyft are required to do what they do. If you don’t like it don’t drive potheads.

Jennyma

I’ve picked up potheads and I have left comments that the pax reeked and I had to turn off app to air car out. Don’t pick your next pax until the car airs out.

For your case if you have had back to back rides and there were no other accusations all night you can ask them where the ride was, they won’t tell you but you can mention if they see a lot of rides before and after without breaks it’s smell from pax. If you have a lot of time between pickups and last drop offs there is ample time to air out the car and it’s not going to be convincing.

The pax claims you were acting funny as in high? Were you tired? Could you recall a pax having issue with your ride.

I know if I was a pax and the car smelled like pot I would likely mention getting an contact high. And if you started giggling like a school girl then I’m going to say I forgot something, I’ll get out here and get another ride.

What gets me when people complain about rides, feeling unsafe and that their driver was under the influence - they always finish the ride.

I would go to the hub, bring a drug test. You can get them at cvs now and offer to take it.

TobiasBruckner

I’ve picked up potheads and I have left comments that the pax reeked and I had to turn off app to air car out. Don’t pick your next pax until the car airs out.

For your case if you have had back to back rides and there were no other accusations all night you can ask them where the ride was, they won’t tell you but you can mention if they see a lot of rides before and after without breaks it’s smell from pax. If you have a lot of time between pickups and last drop offs there is ample time to air out the car and it’s not going to be convincing.

The pax claims you were acting funny as in high? Were you tired? Could you recall a pax having issue with your ride.

I know if I was a pax and the car smelled like pot I would likely mention getting an contact high. And if you started giggling like a school girl then I’m going to say I forgot something, I’ll get out here and get another ride.

What gets me when people complain about rides, feeling unsafe and that their driver was under the influence - they always finish the ride.

I would go to the hub, bring a drug test. You can get them at cvs now and offer to take it.
I don’t know if anyone can get a contact high from the smell of weed with no actual smoke being around.

Western Warrior

Uber is not your friend! Don't bother calling Customer Service because the only way this can be resolved is after the internal investigator contacts you in 2-3 day and clears you. It's a reminder of how tentative this income source is. Another rate cut next year? possibly. Better get out now or at least start apply to other jobs as this gig is going down the toilet quickly.

DollarFree

Enjoy your full day or more of deactivation. Count on at least 24 hours off. It appears that anytime they get an impairment report, they deactivate long enough for someone to sober up, whether true or not.

You could go to a greenlight hub tomorrow and plead your case.
Just don’t go there smelling of pot. And no, a quick ho’s wash and a Listerine gargle won’t do it.

The Elder

Uber sent me a message stating that a passenger smelled marijuana in my car and that I “appeared to be under the influence”. I was also told that my account will be deactivated while they investigate further. I was told I will be informed “if and when” my account is reactivated!!
All this based on an accusation!? I do not use or store marijuana in my vehicle. Passengers do come in and out of my vehicle smelling like marijuana. Also, it’s pretty common to pick up pax from a dispensary or even take them to one and wait on them as they purchase.
Has anyone had their account deactivated due to a pax accusation? How was it resolved?
Im high 80% of the time. It’s the only way I can tolerate people.

JustStef

I have had the same accusation and was deactivated for 36 to 48 hour twice. I haven't had a drink or drug that wasn't prescribed in 26 year. I went to the LAX police since I picked up one of those complaints at LAX. Uber didn't complain nor did the pax and the police didn't doubt my sobriety. The wouldn't test me because no charge had been filed. I lost a day and half of not being able to earn and the pax got a free ride.

That is only 2 of the reasons I fight for drivers rights. Join Rideshare Drivers-United.org, we are forming a union to fight for drivers rights and protections.

JustStef, Driver Organizer

Bartolovski

Test doesn’t mean anything because they don’t want it. Suspension is just precautionary to make sure you don’t kill someone after the report. He’ll get back on the road within 48 hours.
Post automatically merged:

You got suspended not deactivated. You’ll drive again in a day or two. Next time, someone smells weed don’t be an ant and freshen up your @@@@ing car. Your $2 isn’t going anywhere.

Uberfool247

I always ask pax if they can smell weed in my car after i get weed smelling customers ,they usually say not really or a little bit, so i go on with a made up story how a dude started smoking joint in my car right before i picked them up, so i stopped the car and kicked him out , blah blah.. pax love drama!

goneubering

I have had the same accusation and was deactivated for 36 to 48 hour twice. I haven't had a drink or drug that wasn't prescribed in 26 year. I went to the LAX police since I picked up one of those complaints at LAX. Uber didn't complain nor did the pax and the police didn't doubt my sobriety. The wouldn't test me because no charge had been filed. I lost a day and half of not being able to earn and the pax got a free ride.

That is only 2 of the reasons I fight for drivers rights. Join Rideshare Drivers-United.org, we are forming a union to fight for drivers rights and protections.

JustStef, Driver Organizer
There you go. Some of these complaints are totally bogus by a few classless passengers who know how to get a free ride.

Also buy an air freshener if you often pick up riders smelling of pot. It’s one small part of this gig. Good luck.