1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pasadena man using a Tesla Model S on Uber X???

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Gretzky, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Gretzky

Gretzky

2. Ot1

Ot1

There are people like Zhang out there

3. Not Me

Not Me

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    The other day I saw a BMW 535i doing Uber X in Santa Monica. It was an African American woman. Hey, we do what we can. There was no surge, yet she was picking up in front of me. I know there was no surge, 'cause I was at this spot for 15 minutes. About 10 minutes later a rider comes out, gets on his phone and waits. I guess he was ordering the ride. Then the 535i shows up with an U on the windshield, loads them up and leaves. Comes back 2 minutes later, I guess she did a UPS right turn (left, left, left); she was looking at her phone on the windshield, and the rider was showing her his phone in between the 2 front seats. Somebody didn't know how to follow the Uber app directions.

uberski, UberLady2015 and DocT like this.
  4. DocT

DocT Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    He doesn't look too happy.

You would think a Tesla would be at lease a BLACK. But X/Plus? I'm sure he learned a good lesson about Uber and the business model it represents. Oh wait, China already does that! Exploit the workers and make $$$MILLIONS$!

5. UberComic

UberComic

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Tesla qualifies for Lux, but you have to get a TCP license.

6. Not Me

Not Me

Driving:
    UberPLUS
    I read that the Tesla guy was doing Uber X and Plus. After the Uber cut he was making .70 per mile. ****, that sucks.

7. Is there any category in Nobel Prizes for Stupidity ?

haji and Bdott like this.
  8. I used my Model S when I did Uber/Lyft in Broward County, FL -- For Uber, I did both X & Select rides... no issues.
    When I get around to figuring out how to move my account to Vegas, I'll probably do the same here.

9. Why does it seem stupid? No issues with passengers -- got complimented on the car. All that I need to worry about was whether I had enough power... and if I didn't, I would turn the app off until I did

10. I wish I had a Tesla.
    I guess a Tesla is way too much for Uberx. You will never see a return even a small portion of what you paid.

11. Genji

Genji

Sounds real nice, almost idyllic. When I get bored schleping people around LA, and of course when I hit the $2,000.00 mark for the week, I tag along with my plumber friends just for fun. People are always happy when the plumber shows up! All I had to remember was the plumbers rule number 1, **** Flows Down Hill.

12. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Also,

Being this guy is still less embarrassing than being an Uber driver. :(

atLeastImNotUber.jpg

UberXTampa, arto71 and Driverish like this.
  13. melxjr

melxjr

But pickin up mad girlies. LOL

14. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber no longer operates in Vegas.

15. They will be operating near soon

16. Txchick

Txchick Moderator

Uber cannot pick up in Broward county, banned for now.

17. shunilb

shunilb

I had a pax recently tell me she did a pool ride in a Tesla. She was shocked when I told her how much they cost!!!

18. Glad I left when I did :)