• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Pasadena man using a Tesla Model S on Uber X???

Not Me

The other day I saw a BMW 535i doing Uber X in Santa Monica. It was an African American woman. Hey, we do what we can. There was no surge, yet she was picking up in front of me. I know there was no surge, 'cause I was at this spot for 15 minutes. About 10 minutes later a rider comes out, gets on his phone and waits. I guess he was ordering the ride. Then the 535i shows up with an U on the windshield, loads them up and leaves. Comes back 2 minutes later, I guess she did a UPS right turn (left, left, left); she was looking at her phone on the windshield, and the rider was showing her his phone in between the 2 front seats. Somebody didn't know how to follow the Uber app directions.

DocT

He doesn't look too happy.

You would think a Tesla would be at lease a BLACK. But X/Plus? I'm sure he learned a good lesson about Uber and the business model it represents. Oh wait, China already does that! Exploit the workers and make $$$MILLIONS$!

cheerose

I used my Model S when I did Uber/Lyft in Broward County, FL -- For Uber, I did both X & Select rides... no issues.
When I get around to figuring out how to move my account to Vegas, I'll probably do the same here.

cheerose

Why does it seem stupid? No issues with passengers -- got complimented on the car. All that I need to worry about was whether I had enough power... and if I didn't, I would turn the app off until I did

Driverish

I wish I had a Tesla.
I guess a Tesla is way too much for Uberx. You will never see a return even a small portion of what you paid.

Genji

Why does it seem stupid? No issues with passengers -- got complimented on the car. All that I need to worry about was whether I had enough power... and if I didn't, I would turn the app off until I did
Sounds real nice, almost idyllic. When I get bored schleping people around LA, and of course when I hit the $2,000.00 mark for the week, I tag along with my plumber friends just for fun. People are always happy when the plumber shows up! All I had to remember was the plumbers rule number 1, Shit Flows Down Hill.

CaptainJackLA

I used my Model S when I did Uber/Lyft in Broward County, FL -- For Uber, I did both X & Select rides... no issues.
When I get around to figuring out how to move my account to Vegas, I'll probably do the same here.
Uber no longer operates in Vegas.

Txchick

Uber cannot pick up in Broward county, banned for now.

shunilb

I had a pax recently tell me she did a pool ride in a Tesla. She was shocked when I told her how much they cost!!!