1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Partner Weekly: Safe Pick Ups & Drop Offs

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by UberComic, Sep 11, 2015.

1. UberComic

UberComic Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sure wish Uber would share this bit of information with the riders. They're the ones that get pissed when we park in a safe spot a few yards away.

By the way, remember only to drive safely on Sunset Blvd.

image.jpg

Gemgirlla and UberFlex like this.
  2. haji

haji Well-Known Member

educate your dumb pax ,they are the one standing right in the corner of busy intersections and expect the driver stop there , block the traffic , cause an accident or ticket for a $4 fare.

3. jaimeritchie

jaimeritchie Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i always make them walk to me. surprisingly most pax are cool with it once i explain why i had to park where i did. the ticket or accident isnt worth it and most agree with me. stay safe, not sorry. a 5 star rating isnt worth it.

uber pro, powmoe and frndthDuvel like this.
  4. CaptainJackLA

CaptainJackLA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I had one this morning near Wilshire and Vermont. The street was closed by pickup location.

I called her and said she had to walk to me, I was only 1 block away. She called back, asked where I was. Told her again. By then it was 7 min. Never saw her. $5 no show cancel. I had 4 of those today, WTF...

5. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Where is the reminders and brief education materials for the riders?

Still people blame drivers for misplaced pins.

Uber reinforces idiocy of the masses. It tells them they can get a ride "with a push of a button, wherever they are, in a few minutes".

No wonder we see people rate drivers low for misplaced pins, wrong pickup addresses.

Tonight I picked up a guy pissed because there were no cars available until I picked him up. I was dropping somebody off and he was just around the corner. Throughout entire trip he *****ed about how it took him very long to get an uber. He never thanked me when he got in, during the trip and even when he left for listening his bull**** complaints.

They started to treat the availability of uber as a right now! F- you kalanick!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  6. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Let's just print out n post it where they can see it when they come in *****ing about why they couldn't get picked up ON THE SIDE WALK, OR THE BAR, OR BY THE DAM VELVET ROPES...

All we gotta do yo shut then the f up is politely point (half cocked middle finger is ok and welcomed) at the sign, with our Uber smile on.

If that don't work, I'm using thermal paper labels, so it can be a multi use tool. I.e. next level stfu gag, or a quick barf plug that tucks right into their neck / chest, away from our seats.

;)

7. PTB

PTB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

i found this video on utube helpful in that regard

8. UberXTampa

UberXTampa Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This is a 4 minute video.
    Uber riders don't have patience for that.
    They need very short videos, maybe 15 seconds long at most, to teach them 1 trick at a time and before they place a request. They are a captive Audience and they must watch such a short video to get past it. But Uber will not do it.

A small reminder that tell them how to input the address can improve bad pin placement problem for all of us.

But we know thus is not a priority for the technology company.

I am very disappointed seeing same errors made every day by half the riders and uber not doing the slightest atrempt to fix it. Instead, they propagate a fantasy that an uber can be summoned with a push of a button.

9. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    We should but Uber doesn't want us contacting the rider and let the gps do its thing! We must follow those threatening text we get from uber.

10. Salvor Hardin

Salvor Hardin Active Member

I love it when they look at you crazy when you expect them to walk several car lengths up or down to get in your car, as if it's too much of a burden. Better to have me drive right next to them in the middle of oncoming traffic and blocking people behind me while they wait on their friend.

11. Genji

Genji Well-Known Member

This is a serious problem. Safety is #1 priority. not blocking traffic is #2. Is there a way that we as a group of drivers could bring this up with the Los Angeles City Council?
    We know they are being lobbied hard by Uber, LAX etc... I think most drivers are trying to drive safely and do all pick ups legally. Restaurants and taxi companies have spent years staking out valet curbs and taxi waiting areas. Restaurants take over meter parking for valet. There must be a way for City Council to insist Uber educate passengers and pay for some white curbs.