• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Partner App Glitch

Superman

Has anyone ever had the issue where your volume is all the way up and not set on silent but occasionally you get a ping with no sound?

I work out of my apartment and drive SELECT so my trips aren't as frequent. I like taking naps in between pings and if I can't hear it I can't accept. Anyone else ever had this issue?

sldallas

I used to have that issue if my bluetooth was on or I was connected via my usb cable to my car. Lately it pings regardless.

docswife

A
Has anyone ever had the issue where your volume is all the way up and not set on silent but occasionally you get a ping with no sound?

I work out of my apartment and drive SELECT so my trips aren't as frequent. I like taking naps in between pings and if I can't hear it I can't accept. Anyone else ever had this issue?
You only get select requests??

sldallas

I bet he's in an higher with a lot of uberX cars and get the select ping unless he is an old driver. I asked last week again and select only isnt available in Dallas. Or so they say

I haven't had that issue. But how do you get away with accepting only SELECT rides? When I do not accept 3 or 4 X request in a row, I get an error message and cannot go back online for 7 minutes.

Cary Grant

I sometimes get cancellation pings before I get the ride request ping. Those make me laugh a bit. Then there's the ride request ping, followed by a second ride request while I'm in route. No cancellation ping in between. I've learned the hard way to cancel navigation, and start it again, or I'll be at the wrong location waiting.

The technology is imperfect. Signals get crossed, lost, ghost in the machine, etc.

I can't imagine taking a nap, though. I've never sat still that long. I can't even finish a page of a book, and I'm off to my next destination.

twinwillow

Today, (12/09/15) none of my pings were audible. I noticed the problem today after I downloaded Uber's weekly update this morning. I've written Uber but no reply as yet.

Uberwagoner

I'm grandfathered in from black car. I'm thinking it might be my Bluetooth was on... It wasn't connected to anything tho.
On my phone l, Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, my Bluetooth has a separate setting to run calls and media sound through my VW Jetta Sportwagen in car Bluetooth. I sometimes have to check that I have the media option set to Off so only the phone calls go through the Bluetooth. Otherwise my media sounds can only be heard during a phone call .

I also have to check the individual volume sliders sometimes as when I adjust the ringer volume the others also get reduced but when I turn the ringer volume back up the other sliders stay reduced.

Here is the one that annoys the hell out of me. I am sure there is an easy fix but, no-one I have talked to seems to know how. When I accept a ping and push navigate every thing works perfectly. I have audio and video navigation instructions. After I pick up the ride and push navigate to their destination audio stops. All I have is the video which requires me to play a guessing game at every turn. It also makes me look more stupid than I already am in the eyes of the driver. UBER has been no help. (surprise). I know I could use another device however, it is the principle of the thing. I paid a $200 deposit to get the UBER phone with the intention of avoiding the vendor finger pointing game. All of us pay a healthy fee to use their application. Is it too much to ask for it to work properly? It seems they have plenty of programming horse power for the features that make drivers behave the way UBER wants. Why can't they use some of that talent to make their app work for the drivers' benefit?

iPhone 5, OS 9.2

andaas

While I never use voice-based navigation assistance, I would think that by tapping on the speaker icon after the trip begins that the voice navigation can be toggled back on.

I believe Uber intentionally disables the voice assistance to improve the passenger experience (e.g., so music or conversation can be enjoyed).

Visual based navigation should not "make you look more stupid", with your phone mounted properly, you should be able to glance at the screen for the next instructions safely while driving.