• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Part time with a new vehicle?

feinburg

I have a 2015 Honda Civic Coupe. I drive that car everywhere. I want to get rid of it because I don't want a two door car anymore. I want to get a Honda CRV brand new. I have a full time job and don't want to do Uber full time. I want to do it part time. One of the reason I want a 4 door vehicle because of Uber and second I just don't like my car anymore. I drive a lot and feel like I would like to make extra money on the side. I'm waiting for the 2019 Honda CRV to release. Any issues for getting a new vehicle?

Pax Collector

Aside from the fact that your vehicle loses it's value fairly quickly doing rideshare, I don't see why not. You might have to deal with riders dirtying up your vehicle on a daily basis so if seeing your beloved, shiny and sparkly 2019 car get trashed by the minute isn't too much of a pain for you, I say go for it.

P.S. Make sure your insurance is squared away, as personal policies don't cover rideshare.

feinburg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you know how much more insurance it will be? I not getting a new vehicle for a few months but a ballpark would be nice to know. I thought uber has coverage.

joejoe186

I have a 2015 Honda Civic Coupe. I drive that car everywhere. I want to get rid of it because I don't want a two door car anymore. I want to get a Honda CRV brand new. I have a full time job and don't want to do Uber full time. I want to do it part time. One of the reason I want a 4 door vehicle because of Uber and second I just don't like my car anymore. I drive a lot and feel like I would like to make extra money on the side. I'm waiting for the 2019 Honda CRV to release. Any issues for getting a new vehicle?
Never buy new check out Carvana.

M37inATL

No way I'd use a brand new car for rideshare. Find something a couple of years old, with low miles, and get it checked by a good mechanic.

If you find a great price, depreciation from the miles you put on it will not hurt the value as much later on.

Dinoberra

The dumbest thing you can do is buy a new car. Buy the first model Year of the CR-V you want. Get a gently used, most likely repossessed, 2017 CR-V is that's what you must have.

uberinatltrafficsux

Driving for uber wears a car out really fast. Bad roads everywhere, stop and go traffic, speed bumps, passengers spilling drinks they sneak in, puke, etc.