• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Palm Beach County Driver Help

Tim Tanner

I was informed that I am good to go. I downloaded my app swipe to go online. I received a message that my vehicle is not allowed to be used in Miami. Then the app swipe me offline. I am ready to drive. I have been accepted approved and signed up. The system will not allow me to go online. I'm not for Miami I am a / driver for Palm Beach County. I've contacted technical support no one has helped me out here. Does anyone have the same problem or have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

wk1102

I was informed that I am good to go. I downloaded my app swipe to go online. I received a message that my vehicle is not allowed to be used in Miami. Then the app swipe me offline. I am ready to drive. I have been accepted approved and signed up. The system will not allow me to go online. I'm not for Miami I am a / driver for Palm Beach County. I've contacted technical support no one has helped me out here. Does anyone have the same problem or have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like you didnt get an inspection

Miami is Martin county south

TravisNJ

Yes, I know this.

I think what threw me off was your wording. If you would've said "Miami is everything south of Martin County", I would've understood right off the bat.

wk1102

Yes, I know this.

I think what threw me off was your wording. If you would've said "Miami is everything south of Martin County", I would've understood right off the bat.
But then we wouldnt have had this exchange ....

I was going to type more but i got a ping.

Tim Tanner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber considers Martin co pb, Broward and dade, Miami.

When they told him he isn't authorized to drive in Miami, they mean the region, not the city.
I I originally signed up before July 27th. At that time 2005 Vehicles were acceptable. According to the requirements a 2005 can be used in Broward and Palm Beach County. But since they change the requirements for Miami my app is not allowing me to start driving. I've been working on this for over a month now. Bought a newer vehicle of course a 2005. In great condition to use for Uber. Now that they finally got my paperwork all approved and situated and I paid out money for this new vehicle I can't drive and make money. They are telling me because I am signed up through Miami I cannot drive my 2005 vehicle in Palm Beach and Broward County. WTF the stressed with this is totally unbearable and frustrating.

Tim Tanner

What's worse is I put my family in the hole financially to get started to make money.

Tim Tanner

Sounds like you didnt get an inspection

Miami is Martin county south
I had a complete inspection that has been approved. All documents were approved and clear. Notified ready to drive. The App is not allowing me to go online because my vehicle can not be used in Miami.

Flacco

I I originally signed up before July 27th. At that time 2005 Vehicles were acceptable. According to the requirements a 2005 can be used in Broward and Palm Beach County. But since they change the requirements for Miami my app is not allowing me to start driving. I've been working on this for over a month now. Bought a newer vehicle of course a 2005. In great condition to use for Uber. Now that they finally got my paperwork all approved and situated and I paid out money for this new vehicle I can't drive and make money. They are telling me because I am signed up through Miami I cannot drive my 2005 vehicle in Palm Beach and Broward County. WTF the stressed with this is totally unbearable and frustrating.
Uber considers Palm Beach, Broward and Dade, (Miami) as Miami. That means that they use the word Miami but it covers the Tri County. Broward and Palm Beach and Miami-Dade.

I just saw that they changed the year to a 2006 or newer.

I hope that you get this worked out. The only good news is that it is so slow right now you would not be making much anyway. I am at $100 for the week so far driving XL and about 30 hours online.

Tim Tanner

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know. As I said before we signed up with the 2005 before the rules change. Honestly not even going to drive in Miami. Just hope they fix this really soon.

ZZY

If you're sure you are cleared to go, you may have to drive to the office in Miami. The employees there can fix it if they agree with you.

TravisNJ

...Uber doesn't grandfather crap. If they change the requirements, you're out.

The real question is: Why would you buy a car to drive for Uber?

Tim Tanner

Bought car because I was retiring my Handyman business, in which I had a work cargo Van. I wanted to have a vehicle suitable for uber.
In our partner App I screen shot the requirements. They keep telling me they fixed the issue and it fails every time.

Attachments

Tim Tanner

I'd say try another phone and email and resubmit everything again. *shrugs* Good luck, bro.
Well they have informed me to come to their Miami office because they can't fix it via online. So we will see. :confused: