Paid Time Off ????

LAPenguin

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So we are employees now right? Got to love the misinformed or just plain old idiots that just
dont get it

LAPenguin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Clear policy?

They can’t make it any clearer!

This is what you get paid per mile, if you don’t like it [email protected]@k off!!
Right?
Love how people want what they want and then if it doesn't go their way they @@@@@ and moan.
My God how millienals and liberals have screwed up this world. Grow a pair. Want something... EARN IT and work for it.

Carbuncle

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So we are employees now right? Got to love the misinformed or just plain old idiots that just
dont get it

View attachment 318176
If you’re an employee you get paid vacation time if you work a certain number of hours.

However, this is going to backfire on drivers because Uber will just do what other crappy employees do now: limit hours to prevent overtime and paid vacation time as well as deprive drivers of benefits.

Drivers are much better off just having the IC designation properly enforced and protected.

This industry does not function well with an employee template. There are too many vagaries and variables. The industry is too unique for a tidy employee template.

LAPenguin

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you’re an employee you get paid vacation time if you work a certain number of hours.

However, this is going to backfire on drivers because Uber will just do what other crappy employees do now: limit hours to prevent overtime and paid vacation time as well as deprive drivers of benefits.

Drivers are much better off just having the IC designation properly enforced and protected.

This industry does not function well with an employee template. There are too many vagaries and variables. The industry is too unique for a tidy employee template.
If people are smart and don't expect this "job" to support you you can make out quite nicely. Have the right accountant and you can write off a ton of shit. Just saying

Carbuncle

Clear policy?

They can’t make it any clearer!

This is what you get paid per mile, if you don’t like it [email protected]@k off!!
Wrong.

Decades of research went into determining that drivers need to be paid a designated minimum to reasonably ensure quality and safety standards could be met by drivers. A pay floor also mitigates for lowballers who drag standards down by underbidding responsible vendors.

Pay floors are necessary in every industry to mitigate for injuries and threats to public safety.

Without standards and enforcement of them everything goes to ?.
Post automatically merged:

If people are smart and don't expect this "job" to support you you can make out quite nicely. Have the right accountant and you can write off a ton of shit. Just saying
Not exactly.

The rates have gone far below the pay floor necessary to ensure quality and safety standards can be met.

This is one of the most costly and dangerous jobs to do in the world. The pay needs to reflect the fact to protect not only the drivers and their riders but the general public as well.

fubermotion

The rates are apparently not too low. Drivers continue to sign up en mass. Every category is saturated. Only the free market will determine how low pay will go.

Carbuncle

The rates are apparently not too low. Drivers continue to sign up en mass. Every category is saturated. Only the free market will determine how low pay will go.
There’s no such thing as a “free market” or its mythical “invisible hand.”

Unregulated markets literally cannibalize themselves.

There is not a single example in all of human history in which deregulation ever worked. It always goes the way of a Sodom and Gomorrah war of attrition on all fronts.

Think ice hockey with no rules and no refs.

U phoria

It’s because part time drivers look at it as free extra money and full time drivers are stuck

Can’t wait to hear the crying when and if they do classify drivers as employees

Carbuncle

It’s because part time drivers look at it as free extra money and full time drivers are stuck

At these rates there’s no money to be made “part time” unless you’re cutting corners like dodging the proper insurance.

U phoria

At these rates there’s no money to be made “part time” unless you’re cutting corners like dodging the proper insurance.
What $20 more for rideshare coverage? Well that’s what I pay anyways

I’m in the process of getting rid of my antmobile , not worth keeping it anymore and going to dump it while it’s still worth something

Your kidding yourself though if you think it’s any better full time , it’s only good now if you are working higher class with lots of private clients

Carbuncle

What $20 more for rideshare coverage? Well that’s what I pay anyways

I’m in the process of getting rid of my antmobile , not worth keeping it anymore and going to dump it while it’s still worth something

Your kidding yourself though if you think it’s any better full time , it’s only good now if you are working higher class with lots of private clients
I went with All State and my insurance went from $55 for full liability to $200.

But I opted for coverage thru all periods because James River sucks.

somedriverguy

I've got 4 years of gasoline receipts to get reimbursed on. Or they could pay me .54 a mile and .58 a mile respectively for back use of my car.

KekeLo

With who and did you read the fine print?

Yes. Mercury Insurance.

I pay $35 for 2 cars.

I went with All State and my insurance went from $55 for full liability to $200.

But I opted for coverage thru all periods because James River sucks.

My friend had to bad accidents on Uber, and she didn't have any problems out of James River. She has Mercury rideshare insurance, as well.

Last edited:

Carbuncle

Yes. Mercury Insurance.

I pay $35 for 2 cars.

My friend had to bad accidents on Uber, and she didn't have any problems out of James River. She has Mercury rideshare insurance, as well.
I’m smelling rats.

I’d like to read your policies.