Paid out of my own pocket for an unbooked return trip

Julescase

A person with an UBER account, treated his neighbor to a free, one-way trip to the cigar store. He didn't book a return trip, which came out of my pocket.

Why didn't the driver (you?) have pax either do it as a stop at the store then enter the home address as the final destination, or have pax request new trip to get home and just keep re-trying til he gets the same driver (you?) for the return trip?

Are you the driver? You're referring to he driver in the 3rd person so I'm not sure. You don't need to use "SWIM" on UP, we all admit we're drivers (usually).

I think I finally got it.

Why did you end the trip?

Even if he didn’t set up a round trip, it’s pretty obvious if he’s treating him to a ride he’s willing to pay round trip. I would have just done it

The other part I don’t understand is why Uber would reimburse you?

I'm confused- how many people in total were in the car? 2 or 3?

SEAL Team 5

A good Uber driver not only would have waited and drove the neighbor home for free like you, but also purchased a box of fine cigars for that pax.

LyftNewbie10

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why didn't the driver (you?) have pax either do it as a stop at the store then enter the home address as the final destination, or have pax request new trip to get home and just keep re-trying til he gets the same driver (you?) for the return trip?

Are you the driver? You're referring to he driver in the 3rd person so I'm not sure. You don't need to use "SWIM" on UP, we all admit we're drivers (usually).

The passenger did not have an Uber account, but his neighbor did. The neighbor treated him to an Uber ride, not realizing that he should have booked a one-stop trip with a return trip; he just paid for his neighbor's the passenger's trip to the store and not the return trip home.

I've never had to edit/alter a trip, but recently (twice on July 4th) knowing how to use this feature would have helped resolved some issues. Actually, one other passenger I picked up wanted another segment to his trip. I stood in the driveway, as he attempted to ping me. But for some weird reason (we both rebooted our phones) he never got me as a driver, and had to wait 14 minutes for a new/different driver.

There were two people in the car: me the driver and the passenger who did not have an Uber account (or a cell phone on him).

Cableguynoe

2. Very confusing as it seemed that he was never giving an actual Uber ride

One Uber person was getting to know his neighbor on July 4. He treated him to a trip to the cigar store. Unfortunately, it wasn't a one-stop and I brought his guest home on my own time. After three (3) attempts, Uber won't reimburse me.

I feel like calling the Uber customer. It's only $4, but there is a principle here.
This story really makes no sense and he didn't even put himself there as the Uber driver.

But this is what happened.

OP Got a ping and he picked dude up.
After picking him up and taking to him he realized his rider was not account holder.
Account holder was neighbor who ordered ride for for his passenger.
But there is the problem.

Neighbor only set ride to go to store. Not to return.

So this confused both rider and driver (OP)

RynoHawk

One Uber person was getting to know his neighbor on July 4. He treated him to a trip to the cigar store. Unfortunately, it wasn't a one-stop and I brought his guest home on my own time. After three (3) attempts, Uber won't reimburse me.

I feel like calling the Uber customer. It's only $4, but there is a principle here.
Why would they reimburse you if you ended the trip? You should've kept the trip going to give him a ride back. Why would you take him back for free? If you ended the trip, tell him to give you $5 or just be a good neighbor and suck it up and take him back.

What's next from someone? "Hey I picked up a guy who didn't have an Uber account and drove him 25 miles to his destination where he bolted out the door. Not only did Uber not reimburse me, they threatened to deactivate me!"

UBERPROcolorado

All you have to do is CALL support, not a note thru the app. I have done it several times. Support looks at the trip, sees that you went out and back and then pays you. Plain & simple. The only catch is if the account holder tells Uber that he only booked amone way trip. In that case, you may be screwed.

Always have a round trip entered into the app, no matter where you are going. Always have multiple stops in the app. It protects you and gets you paid the correct amount.

Just saying.

wk1102

Don’t ever write inside my quotes.
It’s disrespectful.< I agree! Just stop it!

It doesn’t matter that the app is prompting you.
You’re smarter than the app.
You know the ride must go on.

Either change address yourself or just keep driving

You knew account holder approved the trip

Why did you end the trip?

Hogg

Don’t ever write inside my quotes. Like this?
It’s not really disrespectful.

It doesn’t matter that the app is prompting you.
ladee dadee we likes to party
You’re smarter than the app.
We don't cause trouble, we don't bother nobody
You know the ride must go on.

Either change address yourself or just keep driving
You asked for it

You knew account holder approved the trip
Lighten up, Francis.