Paid less for actual miles driven.

Nick k17

Has anyone got paid for less miles than actually drove? Example, trip #3, distance 28.9 miles, payment statement shows 14.51 miles,
Total Payout
$13.26 including a .50 toll........hell, what is going on?

dabossman212

Did you take the appropriate route?
There's no such thing as an appropriate route because passengers can add stops without having to enter the addresses for multiple stops.

It goes by time and mileage.

Yes PAX can complain if it is a one stop ride and you go a long route I get it but that creates a way for them to do multiple stops then complain about the route taken so it's tricky.

Well I don't know about other drivers but I learned early on from problems like this that whenever I pick a passenger up I always ask them if they have a preferred route and sometimes they do but most times they tell me whatever way I want to go or just follow my navigation so when I start to go the way I want to go or follow my navigation I get very irritated when they start trying to guide me after I'm getting ready to make a turn but they don't expect or right after then do my best to ignore them and politely remind them that I asked them if they had a preferred route before we started.

Chisox1125

There's no such thing as an appropriate route because passengers can add stops without having to enter the addresses for multiple stops.

It goes by time and mileage.

Yes PAX can complain if it is a one stop ride and you go a long route I get it but that creates a way for them to do multiple stops then complain about the route taken so it's tricky.
If it is a one stop run and the driver takes a longer route i.e. Pick up at sheppards and the driver instead of Taking 60 jumps on East Bay to get to Tampa using the Franklin all the passenger has to do is sober up look at their statement and realize there was a quicker way and send an email to Uber. So yes it can happen cause I've had passenger who've been credited money back to their accounts because drivers have zero clue what their doing.

Well I had a customer a couple weeks ago I picked up to take to work and when I pick them up I asked him if he had a preferred route and he said no just on the highway which of course I would have gone anyway and I verified his address which I have also learned to do with everybody and he confirmed and I started the drive and it was over 30 minute drive to his work and I got within .6 of his destination address when he realizes that it doesn't look familiar and that was the wrong address so mind you this is his work there's two of these business locations on this road because it's a very long road yet he confirm the wrong address with me so I turned around and took him to his proper address which all and all was over 10 miles out of the way so what he does is after I in the ride a little while later I look at my ride fares and I see that they had dropped my fair way down and it was less than half of the original fare so when I contacted support about it they told me the passenger had called in and they reviewed it and saw that the ride was way far out of the normal drive it should have been from the pickup and the actual drop off destination well I calculated it myself and even if it had Ben the original drop-off destination insured by the passenger correctly it still would have been way more than what they had calculated so I'm not sure how they got their calculations but I ended up having to fight with support and make all kinds of threats before they finally changed it and put my ride fare back to the way it was. I got it back because it wasn't my fault that I had to fight and make so many threats and I'm sick of having to go through all that with them every time they make a mistake.

DAG

[QUOTEmiles k k17, post: 1325264, member: 62348"]Has anyone got paid for less miles than actually drove? Example, trip #3, distance 28.9 miles, payment statement shows 14.51 miles,
Total Payout
$13.26 including a .50 toll........hell, what is going on?[/QUOTE]
14.51 miles is almost exactly half of 28.9 miles. Is it possible UBER is accusing you of trying to charge round-trip for a one-way trip?

Nick k17

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If it is a one stop run and the driver takes a longer route i.e. Pick up at sheppards and the driver instead of Taking 60 jumps on East Bay to get to Tampa using the Franklin all the passenger has to do is sober up look at their statement and realize there was a quicker way and send an email to Uber. So yes it can happen cause I've had passenger who've been credited money back to their accounts because drivers have zero clue what their doing.
Well, I say, most drivers know what they're doing.

Nick k17

Well I had a customer a couple weeks ago I picked up to take to work and when I pick them up I asked him if he had a preferred route and he said no just on the highway which of course I would have gone anyway and I verified his address which I have also learned to do with everybody and he confirmed and I started the drive and it was over 30 minute drive to his work and I got within .6 of his destination address when he realizes that it doesn't look familiar and that was the wrong address so mind you this is his work there's two of these business locations on this road because it's a very long road yet he confirm the wrong address with me so I turned around and took him to his proper address which all and all was over 10 miles out of the way so what he does is after I in the ride a little while later I look at my ride fares and I see that they had dropped my fair way down and it was less than half of the original fare so when I contacted support about it they told me the passenger had called in and they reviewed it and saw that the ride was way far out of the normal drive it should have been from the pickup and the actual drop off destination well I calculated it myself and even if it had Ben the original drop-off destination insured by the passenger correctly it still would have been way more than what they had calculated so I'm not sure how they got their calculations but I ended up having to fight with support and make all kinds of threats before they finally changed it and put my ride fare back to the way it was. I got it back because it wasn't my fault that I had to fight and make so many threats and I'm sick of having to go through all that with them every time they make a mistake.

It's certainly unfair, isn't it?

Nick k17

Update,
E-Mail reply from help: We reviewed this trip and determined you were charged an incorrect fare due to a technical issue.
We've updated your fare to reflect our estimate for a direct route between your pickup and dropoff locations. This adjustment is visible on your Partner Dashboard. It will appear in your next weekly statement.

Keep an eye on your trip mileage and payment people, better yet, jot down on a piece of paper your mileage at the start and end of the trip, also, keep track of time in case a trip is canceled to make sure you get paid.

CTK

Well, I say, most drivers know what they're doing.
I have to disagree. You're missing half your fair and you have no idea why, and another poster is going on about how he's "had this happen to him many times". Either you're purposely taking the long way to increase your fares or you're not understanding how fares are calculated.

I've been driving over a year, and I've had exactly one fare cut and I know exactly why (rider complained to Uber because he was late due to an accident and blaming me was fun. I disputed this and won). Uber isn't perfect, but cutting your fares means cutting their income as well, so it seems unlikely that they'd be scheming ways to rip you off.

Nick k17

I have to disagree. You're missing half your fair and you have no idea why, and another poster is going on about how he's "had this happen to him many times". Either you're purposely taking the long way to increase your fares or you're not understanding how fares are calculated.

I've been driving over a year, and I've had exactly one fare cut and I know exactly why (rider complained to Uber because he was late due to an accident and blaming me was fun. I disputed this and won). Uber isn't perfect, but cutting your fares means cutting their income as well, so it seems unlikely that they'd be scheming ways to rip you off.
Read my update above, CTK, now, if any driver does not want to keep a critical eye on the business of driving your own car for a living, he/she certainly has that right.

Chisox1125

Read my update above, CTK, now, if any driver does not want to keep a critical eye on the business of driving your own car for a living, he/she certainly has that right.
End result if there's a glitch in the app eventually the ship rights itself and all is well. Just gotta have a little paitence with support.