Paid advertising

FLKeys

I have some signs in my car about dash cam and a few other things, they are on the back of the headrests in my car. I got thinking (sometimes dangerous) I can put advertising on them as well. So I reworked my signs and created a 2" by 6" spot on the bottom. I made a sample advertisement for a local restaurant and mailed it to them as an advertising offer along with my contact information. Never heard back from them. Yesterday I check my mail and find an envelope from the local restaurant, nice a check for $120 and a message that the sample sign I made is fine please run it for a year. Going to make another one for another business and send it to them, I have two headrests and two signs. Payment was for 1 sign.

My cost, 15 minutes of time, a 1 page color print letter, a stamp and a color print of the sign to replace my existing one. Maybe $1.50 not including my time, which was sitting in my car while waiting on a ping.

BikingBob

Nice work, did you include how many hours you usually drive a week? That might shake a few extra dollars. Also, maybe stop in and see if you can grab some menus to distribute? I know they pay for that too.

Seamus

I have some signs in my car about dash cam and a few other things, they are on the back of the headrests in my car. I got thinking (sometimes dangerous) I can put advertising on them as well. So I reworked my signs and created a 2" by 6" spot on the bottom. I made a sample advertisement for a local restaurant and mailed it to them as an advertising offer along with my contact information. Never heard back from them. Yesterday I check my mail and find an envelope from the local restaurant, nice a check for $120 and a message that the sample sign I made is fine please run it for a year. Going to make another one for another business and send it to them, I have two headrests and two signs. Payment was for 1 sign.

My cost, 15 minutes of time, a 1 page color print letter, a stamp and a color print of the sign to replace my existing one. Maybe $1.50 not including my time, which was sitting in my car while waiting on a ping.
Few threads on this over the years. Similar, a guy had an arrangement with a few high end restaurants and strip clubs. Dropped people off, card stamped by valet, go inside and get a $10 bill.

Creative way of getting some $$$

cumonohito

Some of our local strip clubs do give out cash for every passenger you drop off. Not sure if that is the same everywhere, but in Chicago, they do. No need to "advertise" for them.

FLKeys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice work, did you include how many hours you usually drive a week? That might shake a few extra dollars. Also, maybe stop in and see if you can grab some menus to distribute? I know they pay for that too.
In my letter I included my average days per week, and average number of passengers per quarter, equating those to views per quarter of the ad. I gave them a quarterly price, 6 month price, and a yearly price. Kind of shocked that they opted for annual right off the bat.

goneubering

In my letter I included my average days per week, and average number of passengers per quarter, equating those to views per quarter of the ad. I gave them a quarterly price, 6 month price, and a yearly price. Kind of shocked that they opted for annual right off the bat.
I predict you just started a snowball rolling downhill!!

JimKE

Just curious...which restaurant?

Not trying to steal your idea. We're going to dinner in Key Largo Saturday night and if it's the same place, we'll say we heard about them from our Uber driver!

Last edited:

FLKeys

Just curious...which restaurant?

Not trying to steal your idea. We're going to dinner in Key Largo Saturday night and if it's the same place, we'll say we heard about them from our Uber driver!
I was wondering if you planned on under cutting me in a year. :o-o: It is in Islamorada. Where you going to eat at? My favorite restaurant in Key Largo is The Fish House, followed by Lazy Lobster. Pilot House is real good as well. A nice hidden locals place is Shipwreck's Bar & Grill. A lot of good restaurants in Key Largo.

FLKeys

Islamorada Morada Bay's full moon parties are amazing. I go at least 4 times a year.
This past fall they stopped having them for a few months, don't know why, let me tell you I had several pissed of PAX that paid for a ride to find out no Full Moon Party.

Lately for some strange reason I find my self not driving much on that weekend, usually the weekend I go visit family in Orlando.

No Prisoners

This past fall they stopped having them for a few months, don't know why, let me tell you I had several pissed of PAX that paid for a ride to find out no Full Moon Party.

Lately for some strange reason I find my self not driving much on that weekend, usually the weekend I go visit family in Orlando.
So sorry to hear no more full moon party. It became a tradition for us.

No Prisoners

Next time we go I'll let you know. Maybe we can meet have couple of beers.

njn

They used to frown on ads, but got in trouble. Now you can wrap your car in ads.

FLKeys

So sorry to hear no more full moon party. It became a tradition for us.
They started back up again and are going strong. Never found out why there was a break for 3 months.
Post automatically merged:

We're going to Snook's.
Snook's is pretty good, there is a place right next to it that I like better, kind of hidden like Snook's. It is called Bayside Grille & Sunset Bar. Great food there and a nice sunset view like Snook's. I pick one of the Snook's kitchen managers up every once in a while, nice guy, he likes working there.

Last edited:

JimKE

Snook's is pretty good, there is a place right next to it that I like better, kind of hidden like Snook's. It is called Bayside Grille & Sunset Bar. Great food there and a nice sunset view like Snook's. I pick one of the Snook's kitchen managers up every once in a while, nice guy, he likes working there.
Can't tell much from Bayside Grille's website. From what I see of the menu, it looks good and somewhat less expensive than Snook's. It's hard to beat fresh Florida seafood properly prepared.

We're doing a celebration dinner for our daughter (HS junior) who got selected for a very prestigious summer medical research internship. We're driving down from Kendall, so we like Snook's!

I'm probably having the Yellowtail Bayside (sauteed snapper with Maryland crabcake and bernaise sauce)...or maybe the same dish with hogfish, if they have it Saturday.

FLKeys

Can't tell much from Bayside Grille's website. From what I see of the menu, it looks good and somewhat less expensive than Snook's. It's hard to beat fresh Florida seafood properly prepared.

We're doing a celebration dinner for our daughter (HS junior) who got selected for a very prestigious summer medical research internship. We're driving down from Kendall, so we like Snook's!

I'm probably having the Yellowtail Bayside (sauteed snapper with Maryland crabcake and bernaise sauce)...or maybe the same dish with hogfish, if they have it Saturday.
How was dinner?

25rides7daysaweek

That might be against the tos. You might wanna check that out ..