Packaging job vs driving for Uber

Ewis

After one year of driving for Uber and investing 10K in a car I realized that working as a packer is nothing different from driving for Uber. However, with the packaging job you don't have to invest 10k in a car and see it depreciates like crazy with Uber. You don't have to invest 10k to get a minimum wage job!! Now, I have a peace of mind. I don't have to worry about accidents, tickets or the f***ing five stars! I don't feel bad for myself anymore as I don't feel being taken advantage of. My former fellow drivers, please wake up. Job opportunities are everywhere. Don't be desperate!

Json

Why would use Uber as your main source of income anyway. I always just looked at it as supplemental income, a little extra dough on the side. One thing about those packaging type job, went you don't meet that quota your supervisor well be up in your ass. At least with Uber, you have one bad rider you can move just move on to the next and not really let it bother you. Who cares about the 5 stars, I've been around 4.5 and .7 and don't even care, I've cancel on people because they weren't where they suppose to be.

BostonTaxiDriver

But, but, but...Uber somehow still has some sex appeal and cache when someone asks what you to. More prestigious than driving a cab or working at Panera. Yes? No?

Coachman

So you've gone from a moderate- to low-paying business partnership with a great deal of flexibility and a great deal of responsibility to a minimum-wage job with no flexibility and no responsibility. Congratulations.

Ewis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So you've gone from a moderate- to low-paying business partnership with a great deal of flexibility and a great deal of responsibility to a minimum-wage job with no flexibility and no responsibility. Congratulations.
Don't try to fool yourself. They both minimum wage jobs! And it's not a partnership. It's nothing but slavery!! For those defending Uber, how much Uber pays you to be that loyal?!! Or do you get paid to reply on us here too?! And I'm not promoting any other rideshare businesses, have I mentioned any?! I just feel pity for those poor drivers whom Uber is taking advantage of - just like what I feel when I drive for Uber!

The bottom line of driving for Uber is that you do the riders a favor, you do Uber a favor, and you screw yourself up!

Micmac

Don't try to fool yourself. They both minimum wage jobs! And it's not a partnership. It's nothing but slavery!! For those defending Uber, how much Uber pays you to be that loyal?!! Or do you get paid to reply on us here too?! And I'm not promoting any other rideshare businesses, have I mentioned any?! I just feel pity for those poor drivers whom Uber is taking advantage of - just like what I feel when I drive for Uber!

The bottom line of driving for Uber is that you do the riders a favor, you do Uber a favor, and you screw yourself up!
Well said . And you did the right thing . Driving uber or driving a cab is embarrassing!!

observer

Flexibility and a great deal of responsibility don't pay the bills.

Coachman

Flexibility and a great deal of responsibility don't pay the bills.
I wouldn't advocate Uber for anyone if it didn't meet their financial needs. If somebody finds they can make more money at a minimum wage job than driving for Uber then by all means they should make the switch.

Ewis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Safe Rides Fee will increase to $1.55 for all uberX trips in MN :smiles:

UberNorthStar

For those who need jobs, Target, Walmart, and Toys "R" Us are hiring night stockers for the holidays. UPS & FedX are hiring also.

JM2cW

RamzFanz

After one year of driving for Uber and investing 10K in a car I realized that working as a packer is nothing different from driving for Uber. However, with the packaging job you don't have to invest 10k in a car and see it depreciates like crazy with Uber. You don't have to invest 10k to get a minimum wage job!! Now, I have a peace of mind. I don't have to worry about accidents, tickets or the f***ing five stars! I don't feel bad for myself anymore as I don't feel being taken advantage of. My former fellow drivers, please wake up. Job opportunities are everywhere. Don't be desperate!
A schedule and a boss? No ability to affect my own income, like not using a $10,000 car when a $5,000 one will do, or driving at the times and days I make the most money? Nope.