P2P Regulations - ROADSHOW

Bath

The point to point regulations have been released and will take effect on 01 November 2017. The new legislation covers everyone operating in the point to point transport sector, and it includes ridesharing. It is critical for everyone to understand the new legislation prior to it's implementation date of 01 November 2017.

The three main sessions scheduled for Sydney are as follows:

* Novotel Hotel, Brighton Le Sands - Tuesday, 19 September 2017 @11:00am * The Concourse, 409 Victoria Avenue Chatswood -Wednesday, 20 September [email protected]:00am
* Panthers Leagues Club, 123 Mulgoa Road Penrith - Thursday, 21 September [email protected] 11:00am

The seminars will run for approximately two hours and you need to register in advance in order to attend.

Akong

The point to point regulations have been released and will take effect on 01 November 2017. The new legislation covers everyone operating in the point to point transport sector, and it includes ridesharing. It is critical for everyone to understand the new legislation prior to it's implementation date of 01 November 2017.

The three main sessions scheduled for Sydney are as follows:

* Novotel Hotel, Brighton Le Sands - Tuesday, 19 September 2017 @11:00am * The Concourse, 409 Victoria Avenue Chatswood -Wednesday, 20 September [email protected]:00am
* Panthers Leagues Club, 123 Mulgoa Road Penrith - Thursday, 21 September [email protected] 11:00am

The seminars will run for approximately two hours and you need to register in advance in order to attend.
Thanks you are a dead set legend.

Avago

Great that they're having information seminars, but a shame they're all at 11:00 on weekdays...

EyesWIDEopen

Seriously, who gives a rats...
I won't be attending anything unless I get paid for my time... I've given my fair share to this company and it's about time the favour is returned...

If you attend Bath, it's going to set you back $180 in lost wages, so are you going to attend...??? Same as you 'abong'...
Me thinks that both of you are joined at the hip from birth... Hmmmm, well it would explain a lot... :biggrin::biggrin:

Thing

If you attend Bath, it's going to set you back $180 in lost wages...

Haha, she'll never live down the $90 an hour crap comment or this one
$90 p/h is OLD NEWS, making much more than that these days.

Hugh G

Here is an idea, how about they release a youtube video explaining the ins and outs of the new regulations.

One would expect a high tech, information technology, company such as our beloved partner UBER to be able to produce a video to explain any new regulations. However UBER are shifty enough to know the legal implications as this might imply they are the "MASTER" and us driver's merely "SERVANTS"

Anything UBER produces in writing, or video, may be used against them in any legal action that may be taken against them in the future.

UBER are obsessed with their UBER stickers and asking us to confirm our mailing address, any other new legal requirement by drivers is left for the drivers to figure out and adhere to.

Any oversight, or non-compliance, by the drivers will be the sole responsibilty of the drivers. UBER has seen fit not to produce any documentation which may be misinterpreted by the drivers and therefor UBER cannot be held accountable.

Here in QLD we have a whole lot of new regulations coming into force in OCT. UBER is just sending out stickers and has NOT MENTIONED the other requirements. Further regulations come into force in January 2018 and there is this supposed "honeymoon period" in between OCT and JAN. There have been numerous discussions on the BRISBANE thread about legal accountability during this "honeymoon period" but NOTHING from UBER

Last edited:

Bath

I'll certainly try to go to the chatswood one, but how do you register, and with whom? Didnt see that info in Bath's post.
You can register half an hour before the seminar begins, but to avoid disappointment register beforehand at p2p transport.

Howard Cammeray

Seriously, who gives a rats...
I won't be attending anything unless I get paid for my time... I've given my fair share to this company and it's about time the favour is returned...

If you attend Bath, it's going to set you back $180 in lost wages, so are you going to attend...??? Same as you 'abong'...
Me thinks that both of you are joined at the hip from birth... Hmmmm, well it would explain a lot... :biggrin::biggrin:
Each to their own way.
If i attend it will cost me 3 hours....2 for the presentation, 1 for travel, and Chatswood is handy for me.
If i worked for GoCatch or was a cabbie, id still like to know.
So for me it will be time well spent. But i like the idea of a Youtube video of the presentation as well.

You can register half an hour before the seminar begins, but to avoid disappointment register beforehand at p2p transport.
Sorry, in my profound ignorance i dont know what p2p transport is.
Is that a govt website or an uber one please?

Dhaw

googling for info.
https://www.transport.nsw.gov.au/projects/programs/point-to-point-transport
signs and markings Hire vehicles.
https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/regulation/2017/424/part2/div3/sec20
insurance
https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/regulation/2017/424/part2/div4/sec22
scroll to division 3 hire vehicles..... no standing on a road for hire??
https://www.legislation.nsw.gov.au/#/view/regulation/2017/424/part6
85 Direction to leave hire vehicle
(1) A driver of a hire vehicle or an authorised officer may direct a person to leave, or not to enter, the hire vehicle if the driver or authorised officer is of the opinion that any of the following circumstances exist in relation to the person:
(a) if continuing the hire would result in a breach of the Road Rules 2014,
(b) if the person is smoking, or drinking alcohol, and refuses to stop doing so,
(c) if the person is, or is carrying a thing that is, likely to soil or damage the hire vehicle or the clothing or luggage of other passengers, or to otherwise cause inconvenience, a nuisance or annoyance to other passengers or to the driver,
(d) if one of the intending passengers is under the age of 1 year and neither the driver of the hire vehicle nor any other intending passenger is carrying a child restraint that complies with the applicable requirements of rule 266 of the Road Rules 2014,
Road show done and dusted.You are welcome.:smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles::smiles:

EyesWIDEopen

Each to their own way.
If i attend it will cost me 3 hours....2 for the presentation, 1 for travel, and Chatswood is handy for me.
If i worked for GoCatch or was a cabbie, id still like to know.
So for me it will be time well spent. But i like the idea of a Youtube video of the presentation as well.

Sorry, in my profound ignorance i dont know what p2p transport is.
Is that a govt website or an uber one please?
Howard, all will be revealed on here...
Our Captain Mulds will see to that...
Save your time, money and sanity and buy mulds a six pack at the drivers BBQ in Nov, December...

MyRedUber

company such as our beloved partner UBER to be able to produce a video to explain any new regulations
It's Transport NSW responsibility to explain the new regulations, not Uber, nor GoCatch.

Interesting bit from the new regs:
Direction to leave hire vehicle(1) A driver of a hire vehicle or an authorised officer may direct a person to leave, or not to enter, the hire vehicle if the driver or authorised officer is of the opinion that any of the following circumstances exist in relation to the person:
(d) if one of the intending passengers is under the age of 1 year and neither the driver of the hire vehicle nor any other intending passenger is carrying a child restraint that complies with the applicable requirements of rule 266 of the Road Rules 2014,
Does this mean that we can carry a child between 2 and 7 without a child seat?