P2P geofencing/driving anywhere in Ohio

Cavsfan23

Hello,

Just had a couple of questions/concerns. Does anybody else drive in other cities in OH such as Cleveland or Cincinnati? I started off driving in Cleveland earlier this year. Then a couple months later when I began school here, I went to the Uber office in Columbus and they added Columbus to the city that I can drive in as well (suburbs only since I don't have p2p). I was able to drive in Cleveland and Columbus. Fast forward to last month, I had to re upload my new insurance documents and they took me off for Cleveland saying I can only drive for one city. So what gives?

Also, I'm in the process of getting my p2p license. I noticed in the summer that while turning my app on in downtown I was still able to get requests but not anymore. Did Uber finally geofence the city?

beardohio

Also, I'm in the process of getting my p2p license. I noticed in the summer that while turning my app on in downtown I was still able to get requests but not anymore. Did Uber finally geofence the city?
I am also curious about updated information on the geofence and driving without P2P license.

Bucksncowboys

I believe the city was geofenced this week. I don't get pings in city limits, and if I open the rider app while my partner app is running, my vehicle doesn't show up in the city. Kind of a bummer given the big weekend and I just signed up this past week.

Cavsfan23

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe they'll retract in a couple weeks because I heard they only geofenced it because the p2p licensing office was out to do stings last week.

Fauxknight

For what it's worth, I'm a Columbus P2P driver. On my way back from Indianapolis last night, I received the attached messages when I tried to go online at various points along the route.
You can only log into the Columbus market, which goes ~30 miles around the outerbelt. Outside of that you will either get the message that you can't log into x market, or it will look like you are logged in, but you are too far out to actually request (even if someone tries to drop a pin on you no cars will show).

Beezer

I actually live in Lancaster, which is still in the Columbus market. Occasionally, I check to see if there is any demand. Nothing of course, no pings. I do have a question however since we are talking about radius in regards to market availability on the platform. Since Uber advertising obviously inundates the televisions and radios of even us 'southerners' here in Lancaster, why do you suppose there is absolutely no demand for Uber in a city like Lancaster? There are around 39k people populating Lancaster and it's apparent in talking with people that live here that everyone knows what Uber is. You would think that someone (anyone) would request the service here. This same question applies to not just Lancaster but other modestly populated communities outside of Columbus but still within the active Uber market. Just curious. Is this purely a supply and demand answer?

Fauxknight

I actually live in Lancaster, which is still in the Columbus market. Occasionally, I check to see if there is any demand. Nothing of course, no pings. I do have a question however since we are talking about radius in regards to market availability on the platform. Since Uber advertising obviously inundates the televisions and radios of even us 'southerners' here in Lancaster, why do you suppose there is absolutely no demand for Uber in a city like Lancaster? There are around 39k people populating Lancaster and it's apparent in talking with people that live here that everyone knows what Uber is. You would think that someone (anyone) would request the service here. This same question applies to not just Lancaster but other modestly populated communities outside of Columbus but still within the active Uber market. Just curious. Is this purely a supply and demand answer?
You have to have one or cars available on demand 24/7 to really be able to get an area to take off. Even some of the other further out suburbs of Columbus can't always reliable get cars, so they don't really build a customer base, and what driver wants to sit in an area where he might literally make no money for the entire day?

Marysville gets occasional requests and they use a Facebook page for the regular users. Drivers and Pax can coordinate so that the driver is online and ready to be requested when the pax needs to leave.