1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

P/T Work, Doesnt Seem Bad

Discussion in 'Richmond' started by Dukefanjnb, Sep 7, 2015.

1. I started driving over the weekend. Met some nice people, made a couple hundred bucks for about 8 hours of driving, over 3 days. Question, is it a reasonable goal trying to make $65 a day driving 3ish hours a day? I work full time, but wanted to give this a shot.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and discussion.

2. Dutchman

Dutchman

Driving:
    UberX

If you can make $60 gross in just three hours (before the Uber cut, fuel, wear & tear, etc.) working part-time with Uber X in Richmond, you are doing VERY WELL.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  3. I just stay at my house till first ping, then go out from there. Has worked last 3 nights, usually ending up somewhere near the city. I avoid VCU like the plague, just dont feel like dealing with the student customers. I know that could hurt me in the long run but Im not looking to make a career out of this.

4. on an avg day.depends on many variables .. last yr I was about to make 300 in 3 hours with the airport doing back to back runs..How you ask..well their wasn't many drivers. during the winter I used to be able to clear 400 on a friday nght were a 4x surge was common.. but i digress

in order for you to do that you would need some lengthy rides ,SP to RIC would pay about 30, if you happen to get a return pax within 15 mins going to SP or midlo then you almost there

in 4 hours it's possible..also depends on where you tend to work, I did quite decent this weekend in though the amount of blk/yellow stickers on the road is HIGH..

5. Ken c

Ken c

That is really good. That is close to DC numbers. The last guy is right, ratio of uber drivers and riders is quite off.

6. Belly

Belly

I wouldn't change what you are doing, you've hit upon a "sweet spot".

7. Sounds like the market is saturated with drivers in RVA.

8. Dutchman

Dutchman

Driving:
    UberX

Yes, it definitely is saturated. You can see this by logging onto the "rider app" and it will show you were all the Uber X and Uber XL partners are - and if they are moving or stationary.

Way too many Uber drivers in this area. I am hoping that it gets better by the time the temperatures drop. When that happens, you will see a lot more demand for "short" rides because people are not going to want to walk six or seven blocks to their favorite watering hole.

Short rides don't pay much, but if you can bang out six or seven $5.00 rides in an hour, it is worth spending a pittance on gasoline in order to do it.

9. Good point Dutchman, thanks for the info. I just chill at my house in Hanover and usually get a ping or two, most destinations are normally towards the city so it is an OK payout for the time.

10. Wow! You get pings in Hanover? I am new too and I am trying to figure things out. :)

11. you can get pings anywhere, the market goes south from doswell to COl hgts..i've gotten pings in Powhatan and ameila (I was already there) as well as New kent

12. Dutchman

Dutchman

Driving:
    UberX

Fewer pings out in the sticks - but chances are that the trip will be longer and pay more.

PiscesGoddess likes this.