1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Oversaturated

Discussion in 'Boston' started by Tysmith95, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Tysmith95

Tysmith95

[​IMG]
    310 in the morning and 10 Ubers on every block.

2. john1975

john1975

Definitely too many drivers tonight given the reduced number of pax. They don't what to do so they gather around like cabbies.

3. Delivery Mr.Guy

Delivery Mr.Guy

Driving:
    UberX
    to be on earth, Never let money and human control YOU.
    Uber is using this tactic for years to control us. Money control.....
    1. $500 sign up bonus
    2.boost
    3.surge
    human control......
    1.deactivate
    2. low acceptance ride
    3. riders feedback

Brian G. likes this.
  4. johnnytt

johnnytt

Driving:
    UberX
    Number of uber /lyft driver is always up in the summer due to teachers, college students,government workers signed up to work for them became of summers break. As end of AUGUST it start getting busy again. That why you better take vacation now and work hard later.

B - uberlyftdriver likes this.
  5. dwreck

dwreck

Driving:
    UberX
    Might as well take pings from your living room. You might do better.

xlr8ed likes this.
  6. It seems to me it is more a DEMAND problem than a supply one.

The last 6 pools I took yesterday and today (yep I do pools to get to ride incentives....I was begging for them this morning so I could just be done :) did NOT get a matching rider. Once you're doing a pool the number of drivers becomes somewhat irrelevant, as Uber is trying to find a passenger going the same way. So anyway I think that's a sign that demand is really weak.

Good time to be spending some time up in the mountains / lakes of NH and VT.

BostonTaxiDriver and Tiger12 like this.
  7. Golfermack

Golfermack

Driving:
    UberX
    Or on the golf course. :D

Tiger12 and xlr8ed like this.
  8. elcentro20

elcentro20

Driving:
    UberX
    No it's not a demand problem.

Drivers all plan on driving the same shifts, ones that USED to be great.

They have nothing to do, so they go out and drive.

Or they are leasing a new car from Uber or paying for a rental car and need to make payments.

Did anyone drive the morning shift today?

9. E30addixt

E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    Minus the storms that creamed the region yesterday. This is the driveway down the street. There were rivers running down both ditches. It was pretty insane.

FB_IMG_1499039853431.jpg

10. Tiger12

Tiger12

That shift used to be great because there were more people in town because it wasn't the Fourth of July. And it also wasn't summer, meaning more students were requesting rides and the colder weather meant fewer people wanted to walk.

It's a demand problem this weekend - the riders all left.

11. Tysmith95

Tysmith95

3 AM has never been great, not during the school year, not now.

12. Tiger12

Tiger12

When there is demand, those drivers can hit their earnings targets earlier. When there isn't the demand the drivers expect (because it's the Fourth of July weekend), those drivers who fail to adjust their earnings expectations and have to stay out later and longer to earn what they expected.

I obviously don't know exactly what these drivers were thinking, but my theory is that if it were a normal weekend (not Fourth of July weekend), those drivers would have made more earlier and called it a night earlier.

13. Tysmith95

Tysmith95

^ahh ok

Personally I like to leave a decent sized cushion of savings. That allows me to work less during slow times and more during busy times so that my long term earnings are higher.

But with features like instapay I guess Uber attracts those who live paycheck to paycheck.

Tiger12 and john1975 like this.
  14. 2500hd

2500hd

Just no profit in this boosheet after expenses if your honest with yourself.

15. E30addixt

E30addixt

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber likes desperate people. They drive more.

16. john1975

john1975

Drive less on slow weeks. The other option is camping down the cape for the weekend. Me personally drove a little less. Still probably more than I should have. 1200 over 42 hours. My worst week in months but it's good to know for future. Labor Day I will either be down the cape or Nantucket Friday to Monday. Or take my own vacation.

Tiger12 and johnnytt like this.
  17. TravisSux

TravisSux

Only government employees I know that get the whole summer off are Supreme Court justices.

johnnytt likes this.
  18. Tiger12

Tiger12

You do it the best way IMO. But I think there are so many drivers (that likely abuse the instant pay feature) that there have to be just as many that don't plan/budget well. Who knows - so many different types of people and drivers out there.

19. Delivery Mr.Guy

Delivery Mr.Guy

Driving:
    UberX
    You have a pizza and you used to share it slices for 6 people,
    Most of drivers are hight school drop out, I just love they do pool . Every time I seen pool and I was like please, please some one picking up that pool because I don't like they keep repeating pool ping on me.

20. johnnytt

johnnytt

Driving:
    UberX
    What happen in northshore areas it surgecharge

Attached Files: