1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Overpacked queue

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by BkS, Jun 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BkS

BkS

Am I only one that noticed since TLC is no longer allowed to go point to point, instead of less cars in EWR, somehow the queue has grew by a lot. Other day I waited for 5 hours before a ping came and i was on all calls X and XL. Past week has been horrendous

2. Dug_M

Dug_M

Driving:
    UberX
    Just a question because I happen to be online... what do you think the answer would be if you have to wait 5 hours for maybe a 30 dollar ride?...

mateo9441 likes this.
  3. Lightning1181

Lightning1181

Driving:
    UberX
    $6 per hour, no gas consumption so it is a winner all around. One less car working the real world and sitting in a queue for 5 hours. Remarkable, simply remarkable.

4. probably get the hell out of that pit and goto where the non airport rides are.. either that of go find another job. I used to goto the pit in chicago but the wait is an hour. I can get to regular calls in 30 minutes.

5. BkS

BkS

I got $46 after waiting for 5 hours and caught a few non major rides after but overall my earnings have never been this low for the week as it has this week.

It’s not about getting out from there or not. It’s just the amount of cars got a lot larger when it should of been less realistically.

And btw i do have another job, a well paying one but who doesn’t like to have opportunity to make more

6. if the line is longer get out of it and go find work elsewhere was my point. Half the time i goto the chicago airports i get rematched anyway. I don'
    Know why they go back to the pit if they don' rematch. I just leave and goto an area i can find some regular rides

7. jerseyboys

jerseyboys

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    OMG 5 hours. why?????????!!!!!?????

8. BkS

BkS

Asking myself that question too lol.

9. Lightning1181

Lightning1181

Driving:
    UberX
    Because, and I quote:

And btw i do have another job, a well paying one but who doesn’t like to have opportunity to make more

Plus I'll be willing to bet he was in no rush to go home and hear his wife.

Wh4tev3r!!!! and ibeam23 like this.
  10. jerseyboys

jerseyboys

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    I'm going to throw you a little bone. If I see the q has more than 15 cars. I spilt.

Where do I go for the same type of pax? Penn Station Newark. It's a major Amtrak hub. A lot of tourist, students,buiness, etc. and get this. it has surge!

Less stressful. No queue.

The app (both Uber and Lyft) shows you the pick-up is at the train station. You only take these rides.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Pizzaburrito likes this.
  11. Ok ok some people ate desperate and or just not very bright. But why oh why in the world would someone publicly write then actually post this reply........

At some point an intelligent hard working individual would proof read this admission of stupidity and delete it after realizing it was something no one should ever admit publicly.

5 hours????? Really...... you say you have a good job also? I'm sorry but your judgment is skewed and can't be trusted. There is no logical reason to do that ever.... this is proof of the kind of fellow drivers we have working besides us.

12. BkS

BkS

For all the smart mouths. I don’t care if i post publicly. We all have our days and FYI sometimes some people have time to spare even if it’s 5 hours. Apparently your genius minds are all missing the point of my post. The point being that with this so called tlc ban of dropping off in NJ why is there an increase of vehicles all of a sudden

13. jerseyboys

jerseyboys

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    There's no ban dropping off in jersey if the trips starts in NYC. Which is probably the case. Since it is EWR.

The ban is point to point. They can still get trips back to NYC.

easteuropeboy and Kevin7889 like this.
  14. Kevin7889

Kevin7889

Driving:
    UberX
    Lol @ your avatar. You and me have the coolest avatars on here lol

jerseyboys likes this.
  15. jerseyboys

jerseyboys

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
  16. SuzeCB

SuzeCB

Driving:
    UberX
    SKOS

You do realize that you are part of that increase, do you not? You're getting upset with people asking why you sat there for 5 hours, but you're asking why so many other drivers were doing the exact same thing you were doing.

Meanwhile, those of us who know this particular area of the market recognize just how foolish it is to sit in that airport rideshare lot for more than a half an hour. Maybe push it to 45 minutes if you end up in the top 15.

Depending on the time of day and what's going on, there are too many other places in Newark where you can get halfway decent ride. There's Newark Penn Station. There's Prudential Center with the Devils and assorted other events. There's NJPAC. There are universities and hotels and museums and restaurants and nightclubs and major companies that have people from other major companies visiting to do business. This is the largest city in the state. If you can't get a ride in Newark in five hours, hang up your keys now.

Please.

For your own good.

17. polar2017

polar2017

Obviously a troll post.

18. Caspita

Caspita

You’re answering your own question. Tons of TLCs come to NJ with trip starting from NYC, even though they get paid $20 for the return toll and miles to coma back to NYC they still want someone to pay thier return trip so they go the place where they’ll most likely get a return trip which in EWR and since they only get NYC trips now they pile more and for longer than before.

19. Lightning1181

Lightning1181

Driving:
    UberX
    So, let us donate the EWR experience to the TLC cars! Let them have it, and also let the cheap skate pox struggle to find a ride within NJ because of the donation we just made to the "poor, poor" TLC drivers. Myself, drop and run, or once in a blue moon gamble on a boomerang out of there hoping to get a decent ride. I recently passed on 2 rides but the 3rd one was a 45 minute plus boomerang. Took it and ended up in Princeton, which topped off a decent ride from DTS and back to somewhere I could jump Route 18 home in a timely fashion. Very few dead miles on that gamble, and a nice payout at the end.

20. njn

njn

How big was the queue? Imagine what all the other drivers were thinking for those 5 hours.