Overnight parking and car theft?

Inshur

Charlie Schwartz

Is it safe to park rental cars overnight on streets just anywhere in NYC? Or is it worth buying a spot in a garage in some neighborhoods.

...especially new rentals.

Uberinian

Don't have your phone or wallet or anything seen through the display. And it also depends where you park such at bad parts of the Bronx or Brooklyn.

Reactions: Dax

staytune

They should have fire and theft insurance policy with a deductible, (1,000 or 1,500) ask them. if not, you buy it yourself, it is cheaper than garage.

aluber1968

Look at your contract and double check with them. There should be a full coverage insurance on it. Some of them are self insured on the full coverage part. Instead of paying full coverage insurance on the 100's of cars that they have, they take a chance that only some will be damaged, stolen and etc. Check with the rental company on your coverage, deductibles and so on. Good luck

JDJ

Is it safe to park rental cars overnight on streets just anywhere in NYC? Or is it worth buying a spot in a garage in some neighborhoods.

...especially new rentals.
Pretty Much you pick your luck. Might be safe, Might not be safe. Even In good neighborhoods things happen.

Reactions: Dax

Verge Vergis

Acrually don't I had one odf those bumper gaurds that you stick on ur license plate in the front, the one that costs like $35, and somene came up and took it right off licence plate and everything.
I have the same thing, but I use screw locks. It's a MUST with something like that... parking in street or not.

censoredbytheFCC

Acrually don't I had one odf those bumper gaurds that you stick on ur license plate in the front, the one that costs like $35, and somene came up and took it right off licence plate and everything.
I got screw locks on mine and installed steel reinforcements on the straps so it's uncuttable.

Inshur New York