Overnight 520 closures later this week, and during next week

Dammit Mazzacane

Overnight closures of I-5 ramps to and from SR 520 in Seattle

SEATTLE – Late night drivers who use Interstate 5 and State Route 520 between Seattle and Bellevue should consider alternate routes or expect delays beginning Thursday night, Sept. 21.

Washington State Department of Transportation maintenance crews must close lanes and ramps at the SR 520/I-5 interchange in order to repair pavement and replace an impact attenuator, a device intended to reduce collision damage.

Thursday, Sept. 21, to the morning of Friday, Sept. 22

• At 10 p.m., crews will close the left lane of southbound I-5 on the Ship Canal Bridge.
  • At 11 p.m., crews will close the southbound I-5 off-ramp to eastbound SR 520.
  • All lanes and ramps will reopen by 5 a.m. Friday.
Monday, Sept. 25, to the morning of Wednesday, Sept. 27

• At 11 p.m. nightly, crews will close the westbound SR 520 off-ramp to southbound I-5.
  • The ramp will reopen by 5 a.m. each day.
Wednesday, Sept. 27, to the morning of Thursday, Sept. 28

• At 10 p.m., crews will close the westbound SR 520 off-ramp to southbound I-5.
  • At 11 p.m., crews will close the left lane of southbound I-5 between SR 520 and Boylston Avenue.
  • All lanes and ramps will reopen by 5 a.m. Thursday.
Thursday, Sept. 28, to the morning of Friday, Sept. 29

• At 11 p.m., crews will close the westbound SR 520 off-ramp to southbound I-5.
  • The ramp will reopen by 5 a.m. Friday.
In the Seattle area, drivers can get real-time traffic information on their phone with the WSDOT traffic app, tracking the WSDOT traffic Twitter feed and get advanced information from the Seattle Area Construction page.

Hyperlinks within the release:

###