overflooded with uber

john lv

Unfortunately it has happened every day more vehicles yestetday 12 hrs barely made $100. NO GOOD
The surging is no more all week but if we had more rides it would be cool but no rides

Unfortunately it has happened every day more vehicles yestetday 12 hrs barely made $100. NO GOOD
The surging is no more all week but if we had more rides it would be cool but no rides
This is the same problem with cab companys adding more cabs like uber, we dont want residential rides, because theres not enough for us to waste our time with. Uber only cares about the money not the drivers, same as cab companys, but you will see uber will add more and more but less business, same as cab companys, but atleast we have enty of cab rides from the hotels, today i worked 6am till 2 pm, and my cut of my meter was 130.00 and tips were 87.00 so it was a 200+ day and it was a slow day

Last edited:

Mark Radcliffe

It's worth at least waiting through the weekend before making any decisions. It should be naturally quieter during the week and yet there have been a few surges here and there. People flood Vegas on the weekends, we'll see what happens then.

CatchyMusicLover

It's partially a matter of the newness of it all. So many drivers trying it out, so there's more supply than demand. As time goes on, less drivers will all be competing at the same time because the larger supply will naturally decrease.
In a couple weeks there should be a good equilibrium, I imagine.

Michael-MS

Tuesday was the first day background checks completed for those who applied on Launch day. Been flooded since then. The weekend will be better but really, just wait for Airport, more locals knowing, and the Launch casuals to dissappear. A lot are going to Uber for the Bonus then quit if they don't like it.

Benz_there

This is the same problem with cab companys adding more cabs like uber, we dont want residential rides, because theres not enough for us to waste our time with. Uber only cares about the money not the drivers, same as cab companys, but you will see uber will add more and more but less business, same as cab companys, but atleast we have enty of cab rides from the hotels, today i worked 6am till 2 pm, and my cut of my meter was 130.00 and tips were 87.00 so it was a 200+ day and it was a slow day

Are you making 40% commission? If so, no way you're making these numbers in 8 hours, not even on a busy day.

mrlasvegas

And keep advertising so they can replace every driver that quits with 2 more.
Just wait til they start dropping rates and raising commission ...
Dropping rates isn't really possible for them in Vegas for several reasons. One being the process to lower rates requires several steps and approval of the NTA. Another is they have shelled out millions so far with much more money demands coming soon. Three being that they have no real competition.

Fuzzyelvis

Dropping rates isn't really possible for them in Vegas for several reasons. One being the process to lower rates requires several steps and approval of the NTA. Another is they have shelled out millions so far with much more money demands coming soon. Three being that they have no real competition.
No competition in Houston either. And they don't mind shelling out money so long as it's to onboard drivers and pay lawyers and not to increase rates.

It's not as if they're worrying about making money. They just want lots of rides to show off.

AJUber

welcome to the Desperate and those that can not do basic math....there is all your Oversaturated Uber Drivers

XUberMike

I'm not quite understanding this "NTA" approval for a rate change. I really don't believe they care about about lowering prices as I don't believe lowering rates would require any approval (but I could be wrong and would love to see thin in writing) as I only saw limits on raising prices....that being said how did UBER get around that with "surge prices" as that appears to have no upper limits to the "surge" price (which UBER is seeking a patent on) set by the NTA so it's obvious there appears no limits on UBER price. BTW LYFT is capped a 2.0...

UberReallySucks

That would be true if there was actually a NTA in the US but there's isn't one. Dropping rates is what Uber does best everywhere else and Vegas is no exeption. Haven't you heard of "Less is More " by Uber? Let's talk again in 3 months...