Overcrowding needs to stop

Chisox1125

i know passengers are desperate and think they can try and convince the driver to allow it, but I will have zero sympathy on the driver that allows it and gets nailed for it. You think getting a ticket by HTC is gonna suck, try getting into an accident when you have 5 plus people in a car that can only hold 4. Seriously people it needs to stop.

victorious52

yeah i don't let anybody in till i see all that are coming, then i open up, and if i get lip, i leave them anyway!i tell them i need to duct tape one on the top and one in the back, and the police profile me all the time for doing that!

victorious52

yeah i don't let anybody in till i see all that are coming, then i open up, and if i get lip, i leave them anyway!i tell them i need to duct tape one on the top and one in the back, and the police profile me all the time for doing that, usually that makes them laugh and realize illegal isn't the way to go!

johnathon

Don't Think your alone with the overcrowding With UberX. us XL Drivers get that crap all the time I can legally Hold 7 Passengers in my Expedition.
But I get the groups ( I'm talking to you UT students) that think Oh we can get 12 in there. Nope sorry Ill take half and come back and get the rest of you...lord knows your only going to S. Howard.

DAG

[QUOTEsox1125, post: 1316622, member: 19104"]i know passengers are desperate and think they can try and convince the driver to allow it, but I will have zero sympathy on the driver that allows it and gets nailed for it. You think getting a ticket by HTC is gonna suck, try getting into an accident when you have 5 plus people in a car that can only hold 4. Seriously people it needs to stop.[/QUOTE]
Along similar lines, how do you handle the Moms, Grannies, and baby sitters with no car seat, but promises to hold child in lap or strap them in, in an improvised manner?

ROLLINWITUBER

Watched a Honda crv tonight at the cheesecake factory at Westshore load 7 people into that thing. Put two of them in the hatchback and closed it up and off they went, in the wrong direction I will add. I picked up the other six in the same group in my xl. No sympathies here either, what that is gonna cost you in tickets or legal issues in case of an accident, for what Uber is paying. How in the hell do you justify that?

Chisox1125

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
[QUOTEsox1125, post: 1316622, member: 19104"]i know passengers are desperate and think they can try and convince the driver to allow it, but I will have zero sympathy on the driver that allows it and gets nailed for it. You think getting a ticket by HTC is gonna suck, try getting into an accident when you have 5 plus people in a car that can only hold 4. Seriously people it needs to stop.
Along similar lines, how do you handle the Moms, Grannies, and baby sitters with no car seat, but promises to hold child in lap or strap them in, in an improvised manner?[/QUOTE]
Tell em to piss up a flag pole and get out. No seatbelt no ride, for the babies no car seat no ride. My oldest is 6 but has height on him and every so often he rides in my car with out a booster seat, but the distance is minimal. If they jump in with older kids I allow the no car seat but younger kids hell no.

Last edited:

One Star

If you know for sure it's another PTC driver that's overloading, report them immediately.
It's a pet peeve of mine. Drivers that overload are morons, plain and simple.
Not only are you at increased risk of an accident just from the extra distraction of too many people in the vehicle as you know it's going to be loud, you're also risking your neck if you get in an accident with an overloaded vehicle.
If you personal insurance has to pay out for personal injury of pax, they will either drop you or your rates will skyrocket due to the increased risk you present to the insurance company due to your own stupidity. If the PTC's insurance has to pay out due to their insurance coverage being in effect, you can bet you will be deactivated.

Not to mention the extra wear and tear on the suspension and interior of the vehicle.

Even without all the above, if you overload, you are a huge sucker because you are getting used by pax who have now gotten away without having to pay for multiple vehicles. They're laughing all the way to the bank at your expense.

All legal and insurance issues aside, by overloading you are actually stealing a trip from your fellow driver.

Don't give in when they say we are only going a short distance!
Don't give in when they say they will give you a big tip (they never do anyway)!

I hope everyone can see how wrong this is on every level possible!

Don't get used! Don't be a frickin' moron!!!

Chisox1125

If you know for sure it's another PTC driver that's overloading, report them immediately.
It's a pet peeve of mine. Drivers that overload are morons, plain and simple.
Not only are you at increased risk of an accident just from the extra distraction of too many people in the vehicle as you know it's going to be loud, you're also risking your neck if you get in an accident with an overloaded vehicle.
If you personal insurance has to pay out for personal injury of pax, they will either drop you or your rates will skyrocket due to the increased risk you present to the insurance company due to your own stupidity. If the PTC's insurance has to pay out due to their insurance coverage being in effect, you can bet you will be deactivated.

Not to mention the extra wear and tear on the suspension and interior of the vehicle.

Even without all the above, if you overload, you are a huge sucker because you are getting used by pax who have now gotten away without having to pay for multiple vehicles. They're laughing all the way to the bank at your expense.

All legal and insurance issues aside, by overloading you are actually stealing a trip from your fellow driver.

Don't give in when they say we are only going a short distance!
Don't give in when they say they will give you a big tip (they never do anyway)!

I hope everyone can see how wrong this is on every level possible!

Don't get used! Don't be a frickin' moron!!!
Still find it pathetic that the passengers believe there safe when they do it, what sucks is when we as X drivers pull up 6 people try to pile in we get nothing, that needs to change. Hell Uber send me the cancelation email reminder again, my guess is to many cancelation fees in the past week or so, nothing I can do about it beside getting out of my car knocking on their door or walking into the bar and ask them "WTF are you Doing? Get your ass in the car so I can get paid." Unfourtantly that's not in the job description so I take the cancelation fee.

Stpeteuber

i know passengers are desperate and think they can try and convince the driver to allow it, but I will have zero sympathy on the driver that allows it and gets nailed for it. You think getting a ticket by HTC is gonna suck, try getting into an accident when you have 5 plus people in a car that can only hold 4. Seriously people it needs to stop.
This was pretty funny. I pull up to a big house on the beach and 7 teenagers come out and ask if they all could fit it. I drive a prius. I would have to strap them onto the hood. I said no its illegal and they had to call an additional uber for the 3 that were left. Was a nice ride beach to amphitheater. $35..00

tohunt4me

Overcrowding of Drivers must stop also.

Chisox1125

This was pretty funny. I pull up to a big house on the beach and 7 teenagers come out and ask if they all could fit it. I drive a prius. I would have to strap them onto the hood. I said no its illegal and they had to call an additional uber for the 3 that were left. Was a nice ride beach to amphitheater. $35..00
Surge or no surge?