Over 3 years driving

Vinny. C

Just to start off before I personally complain, look at this study from MIT. Not south western Nevada state tech. MIT, pretty profound study.

I’ve driven for Uber on and off for three plus years. I used to average $15 an hour during 8-5 mon through Friday. Sometimes more, rarely less. I really think that Gainesville has become super over saturated with drivers. I’ve been averaging barely ten bucks an hour for months now. I know, the students are back! That’s my other problem. I am rarely tipped. Students rarely tip me , even for Uber Eats (what a scam). I am super friendly and get almost exclusively 5 star reviews. In fact, I got a four star review last month and was all bent out of shape lol. My car is immaculate and is 2016 Altima. Tips can make an average day, good. Or a poor day average. I’m not going to give my full opinion on Uber Eats in this text, because I’m too tired from working all day. I will in the future. Uber doesn’t care at all about the “partners”. Maybe cap a limit on average rides to drivers available or something similar. Uber doesn’t care about us being over saturated with drivers. In fact, they like it. This way they can serve customers faster and cheaper at the expense of us drivers. Thanks guys and gals.

Btw, how about those new Uber commercials that are all over tv lately with the new CEO. He’s so full of shit when he mentions us partners.

Ok they wouldn’t let me link that article. Type Uber sucks MIT in google. You should find it. It’s from March of 2018.

breckenrock

Well....then Uber is not for you. Go to work at 7-11. I'm using Uber as a tax shelter since my tax rate is 20+%. I bought a cheap used minivan....and now I deduct 54 cents a mile. I hump it to Gainesville or Orlando from Daytona and put 150 miles on it. That's a $75 tax deduction even if I don't make a dime. Then I deduct my cell phone bill....$80 a month. Sometimes I take my girlfriend and we get a hotel room in Orlando and deduct that. So Vinny....time for you to get off the road and leave the driving to us . I'm tired of you guys getting on here and complaining. I think you're just doing it to stop people from driving, so I'm here to tell you that I'll be driving even if I don't pick up 1 fare, because its saving me money.

Vinny. C

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, you are an amazing spokesperson for that Uber underdog. I suppose me and everyone else who has complained has some secret agenda. Instead of engaging in a reasonable exchange of opinions and ideas, you take a cheap shot and tell me to work at
7-11. As if I have some binary choice. Uber or gas station!!!!! Congrats on your tax shelter. You drive for Uber dude. Get over yourself and your corporate master. One day I hope to be enlightened and be as profound of a person as you are.

breckenrock

Well, you are an amazing spokesperson for that Uber underdog. I suppose me and everyone else who has complained has some secret agenda. Instead of engaging in a reasonable exchange of opinions and ideas, you take a cheap shot and tell me to work at
7-11. As if I have some binary choice. Uber or gas station!!!!! Congrats on your tax shelter. You drive for Uber dude. Get over yourself and your corporate master. One day I hope to be enlightened and be as profound of a person as you are.
Maybe your agenda is discouraging people from driving in your area. Can't see inside you head. I want everyone to know that you can be successful, and don't listen to the Na'sayers. And Yes...Yes, livin' the dream here at the Beach. Grew up in a working class household, dad was enlisted/Vietnam vet. Parent made sure we got great educations.