1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

"OUTSIDE SERVICE AREA" Notification in app????

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Tyler GUber, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Tyler GUber

Tyler GUber New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have been driving for about 3 weeks and apparently my "Service Area" only covers about 60% of the area inside the city limits. The 40% outside my service area is the busiest part of town. I keep being told from Uber that the service area for my city is the entire county, yet I have to stay within a small fraction of the county if I want to get trip notifications. When I drop someone off in the south part of town, I then have to drive through traffic back north until I get within my service area to start getting notifications again. The two largest hotspot areas in town are south of my service area. Uber support has not helped me at all. I have emailed back and forth tons of times. Has anyone else experienced this or know of a fix? With NYE coming up, it's killing my time/gas to have to drive BACK to my service area after every trip when I KNOW other drivers are able to pick people up south of my service area. Please help! IMG_6835.PNG

2. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's not outside 'your' service area - it's outside Uber's service area.
    Uber just doesn't offer any service in that area.

3. Tyler GUber

Tyler GUber New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That's the frustrating part, because I know other drivers ARE able to pick people up outside "my" service area. Two of the biggest hotspots for the whole area are south of my service area. Other drivers are able to camp out in those hotspots but I can't. I have contacted Uber support over 10 times about this and I have been told multiple times that I SHOULD be able to pick up people in a much bigger radius than my app is allowing me to, yet they can't tell me how to fix the problem.

4. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Ah... then that's a function of your address - sounds like there are two adjacent areas. Or they just set you up incorrectly. A few dozen emails back and forth should get it straightened out (assuming there's no nearby Uber office you can go to). We had the same issue here between Akron/Cleveland until they merged the driving areas - but even now, if you're an Akron driver you can't 'see' the surges in Cleveland until you are in the area.

Worst case scenario - have them set up a second profile for you that covers that other area.

5. Tyler GUber

Tyler GUber New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    ahhhhh now we're getting somewhere! That's a good idea. The town I live in really isn't that big, so theoretically, there shouldn't be multiple service areas. But, I suppose it is possible that is the case. Turns out, when I signed up to drive for Uber, I was located in the center of what my service area currently is. My house, though, is 5 blocks from the edge of my service area. I've suspected that maybe Uber assumed a service area for me based on my GPS location when I signed up. But I definitely don't have proof of this, I'm just grasping at straws as to how this could have happened. I may try to contact Uber again to ask them to set up a second profile for me that covers the other area.