Outside Land Was A Great Money Maker Even With The Traffic Jam

zipcash

I worked the whole weekend 10 hours per day...$50 per hour garanty... i made$1500 ez dollar's

i heard some complain about traffic & long hours for me it was worth my time plus i met a ton

of great people.

manuella

It's always been good money :smiles: m
I was just worried of all the idiot drivers
Place has no stop signs

Also I hope uber doesn't screw your guarantee pay , I never count that money until it shows up on my pay statement lol

zipcash

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's always been good money :smiles: m
I was just worried of all the idiot drivers
Place has no stop signs

Also I hope uber doesn't screw your guarantee pay , I never count that money until it shows up on my pay statement lol
I just called uber driver support today & they told me they will pay outside land garanty this coming thursday. no worries

mikeslemonade

Ehh not worth the trouble. And only worth it when you got lucky destinations. Like one I had from outside lands to Daly City right at 10pm. But after that no.. Especially when you go for the # of rides. Instead of my average of over 3 rides per hour it was only like 2.

Like many things can go run. Like hurting your acceptance rate due to hard to reach requests, trying to find the customer when you arrived, noticed the waypoint isn't accurate when it's surging like that, car can get rear ended if you double parked close to the intersection, and finally my rating went from 4.94 to 4.85 because of things out of my control. Customers waiting a long time and stuck traffic will give you a low rating sometimes.

But today at 11am to 2pm was good. Lots of drivers took the day off and lots of outside lands people waking up at noon in the Sunset and Richmond. Plenty of demand and not much city traffic.

Last edited:

Euius

The last two weeks I had guarantees, I made $350 and $275 (net) just from the bonus, not counting the fares themselves. That's just from working them only Friday/Saturday, and were not major events.

Hardly "not worth the trouble", IMO.

mikeslemonade

For part time driver it's worth it, but for full time driver trying to get 100 rides or 120 rides a week with a 90% acceptance rate so you can get a $300 bonus and get 20% of your gross back it's not worth it. Why spend 2 hours of stress to get about 4 rides in when you could have done 7-8 rides with ease. The guarantee hour thing is sometimes hard to manage too. You may not get it if you mess up.

Euius

For part time driver it's worth it, but for full time driver trying to get 100 rides or 120 rides a week with a 90% acceptance rate so you can get a $300 bonus and get 20% of your gross back it's not worth it. Why spend 2 hours of stress to get about 4 rides in when you could have done 7-8 rides with ease. The guarantee hour thing is sometimes hard to manage too. You may not get it if you mess up.
You appear to be talking about Lyft's power driver bonus, not the hourly incentives that were the original topic.

Lyft's bonuses are inferior to Uber's, across the board.

mikeslemonade

According to the title, this is not primarily about uber guarantees.

Lyft is better for me because for the shortest amount time I can reach the 95% gross and then $150 bonus. That's equates to about $350-$400 extra every week for me in about 35 hours of work. Uber bonuses isn't every week and you have to use the uber navigation for uber pool. And also uber sent me a email that they do peak rides now too. So the only two advantages that uber has is volume and no peak rides. Well.. Now you have to adhere to peak rides.

Euius

Lyft is better for me because for the shortest amount time I can reach the 95% gross and then $150 bonus.
*You* were the one complaining about 90% acceptance rate. If that's a complaint, then Lyft's can't be better for you. Uber's requirement is 75%.

Uber bonuses isn't every week and you have to use the uber navigation for uber pool.
Power driver Plus *is* every week. Has been every week since March.

So the only two advantages that uber has is volume
While being fact, this contradicts your statement about Lyft being the shortest amount of time.

mikeslemonade

*You* were the one complaining about 90% acceptance rate. If that's a complaint, then Lyft's can't be better for you. Uber's requirement is 75%.

1.Lol why you trying to refute everything I say. Before the update you had to accept every pool ride manually even driving. My acceptance was 70% and they still gave me the bonus. That shows how archaic uber is compared to Lyft. What if it wasn't to my favor and I did 80% and I didn't qualify because of some glitch.

Power driver Plus *is* every week. Has been every week since March.

2. Again it's harder to do now because of peak rides requirement for me. I don't know about you but I got an email for that.

While being fact, this contradicts your statement about Lyft being the shortest amount of time.

3.That's according to people here to say Uber has about 60% of the market. But it took me 42 hours to complete it. Now I didn't qualify for uber pool until later that week since I was a new uber driver so I would say I probably would have finished in 35 hours. Now you still have to use uber' navigation which I heard is no good. I'm not suprised because Uber's app is one step lower in terms of quality compared to Lyft.

4. Because you seem to be defensive let me directly respond to the title and topic. It is in my opinion that outside lands was not worth it. For me I had to work harder and bit longer to earn the same amount for the week because outside lands indirectly effected me in a negative way as stated above. Now there's a group of people like you that liked it and there's people like me who didn't.

NASCAR1991

3.That's according to people here to say Uber has about 60% of the market. But it took me 42 hours to complete it. Now I didn't qualify for uber pool until later that week since I was a new uber driver so I would say I probably would have finished in 35 hours. Now you still have to use uber' navigation which I heard is no good. I'm not suprised because Uber's app is one step lower in terms of quality compared to Lyft.

4. Because you seem to be defensive let me directly respond to the title and topic. It is in my opinion that outside lands was not worth it. For me I had to work harder and bit longer to earn the same amount for the week because outside lands indirectly effected me in a negative way as stated above. Now there's a group of people like you that liked it and there's people like me who didn't.
Use uber navigation? What is that....you use what ever you want for navigation. You can pull out a paper map for all i know

RedoBeach

I just called uber driver support today & they told me they will pay outside land garanty this coming thursday. no worries
No- he means that they will actually calculate them correctly and apply the guarantees appropriately. Uber has a lonnnnng history of not paying out guarantees. I hope you keep a log.