• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Out of state tags

BullShipley

Can you drive for uber if you move from one state to another with the same plate until it expires. It won't let me go online now that I have moved. What do I need to do?

BramasoleATX

When you move to Texas you have 30 days to get your vehicle registered here.
It would be a a lot less complex to just go down to DMV and get your new Texas plates and then register with Uber.

Last edited:

Stratos

You also will have to get a Texas DL within 3 months I think it's either 30 days or 3 months I can never remember which.

UberBroke

If 150 people a day are moving into Austin and only one is an Uber driver, then Austin will require more drivers soon. Maybe you need to think ahead and make plans. It's not complicated.
One new uber driver per 150 people that move to Austin everyday???? Have you seen the number of people signing up at uber office??!! It's ridiculous. I had to wait almost an hour and a half to speak with someone regarding an issue I had. Maybe you need a dose of reality, it's not that complicated.

ATX 22

Uber recently stated there were 10,000 drivers in Austin. That likely counts thousands who have already given uber the big #1. The constant flooding of the market is what Uber uses to artificially drive down rates.

Old Rocker

Uber recently stated there were 10,000 drivers in Austin. That likely counts thousands who have already given uber the big #1. The constant flooding of the market is what Uber uses to artificially drive down rates.
Do you remember the source? The Statesman? I'm not doubting you, I'm just interested in read the entire article.

Nate R

That's because every one of them hear Uber's wonderful advertising on the radio and think "If that person can make 'life changing money' then I want in!"

Toddal

I think the number has been 110 moving in per day for a while but maybe it's gone up? Awesome. :-(

Old Rocker

I used to live in Austin. I moved out.

I was just playing around with the rider app and nearly every place I placed my pin in Austin had a 4-6 minute pickup window. Except, oddly, Mt. Bonnell, at 13 minutes. ABIA was 3 minutes. It was pretty much the same in Houston.

If you're bored, check out the Upper East Side in Manhattan. Uber'ers all over the place.

driver_dude

One new uber driver per 150 people that move to Austin everyday???? Have you seen the number of people signing up at uber office??!! It's ridiculous. I had to wait almost an hour and a half to speak with someone regarding an issue I had. Maybe you need a dose of reality, it's not that complicated.
It's unrealistic to think that Uber will remain like it is or like it was. There's got to be a big increase in demand and there needs to be plenty of drivers ready to meet that demand, in under 3 minutes - or else someone else will fill the void. It's as simple as that.

Old Rocker

It's unrealistic to think that Uber will remain like it is or like it was. There's got to be a big increase in demand and there needs to be plenty of drivers ready to meet that demand, in under 3 minutes - or else someone else will fill the void. It's as simple as that.
Having been an upper management 80 hour per week corporate slave drudge, and experience running my own business, I can see Uber's desire to get as many drivers on the road as possible. The easier and more convenient it is for customers to Uber, the more customers they will retain and the more new customers they will get.

But the problems are obvious and well explored here. Only Uber has the data. Even in the cities where Uber provides data to the city, from what I've read, it's considered proprietary trade secrets and the city cannot release the info to the public.

I don't think I've ever called for a taxi and has it show up in three minutes.

Uber basically is just trying to get as many drivers as possible and will let them sink or swim on their own. I think there are simply too many variables in the mix for Uber to come up with any sort of predictive driver/rider ratio than is better than a random guess.