Our wives launch a Lyft & Uberintervention......

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Our driver group had taken a Lyftcation for a few weeks as we were tired of the ghetto rides and the super annoying Lyft nasty-grams. We all got the Lyft sugary sweet texts and e mails, saying, "we miss you, start driving for our community again".

My brother, who also drives part time decided to do a few Lyft rides on Sunday and on his third ride he gets a vengeful ghetto girl group at the GS Plaza Mall that he has to kick out for cursing, screaming and fighting in his car.

I did a few rides Monday evening and had another really scary Lyft passenger situation at the Bergen Town Center, where a strung out junkie went nuts in my car. As a result, I was late for a family dinner. When I get to dinner, our kids are not there and its just the adults. Everyone has a somber expression. My wife, my sister, my sister in law and my cousin's wife are all there. My sister who is a lawyer, starts a conversation directed at my brother, my cousin and myself. Basically, our wives and sister want us to stop driving ride share completely as they are concerned about our safety and well being.

My wife starts crying and saying that she is more concerned about my safety as a driver than when I was in the Marine Corp. She says that she thought that ride share driving used to be a fun part time gig where I drove around business executives and professional people and now it seems to have degenerated into a taxi services for drug dealers, hoodlums and violent ghetto thugs.

My sister in law said, she used to find the stories about divorced women telling us all their problems very funny and she supported us doing some driving as a fun and lucrative side gig but that she feels that "You used to work for Saks and now it seems like you are working for the Dollar Store". She too, was very upset and is concerned about the violent and abusive passengers that are getting into our cars.

My sister, who is a lawyer and who is representing me, my brother and a few other men in our driver group on a number of civil and criminal complaints against passengers says " You guys don't need the money from this driving gig, it was meant to be fun, a few laughs, some interesting people and a way for you to morally support some of the other men in your men's organization to get into business for themselves and make some extra money." She says, " I am really worried that despite your efforts to not drive in the hood and pick up ghetto customers, that the ghetto is just coming to you no matter where you drive." She adds, "you all gave up driving Lyft for a few weeks and then you have that incident at MSU last Saturday night with Uber." "Then you guys give Lyft another chance and boom, your third or fourth rides in at upscale malls in Bergen County, you are back dealing with violent, drug addicted Lyft passengers again".

We had no idea how upset and scared our wives and sister were about us driving for Uber and Lyft.
In 26 years of marriage I have never seen my wife so upset. So, it was a pretty easy decision, we all committed to stop ride share driving...

PrestonT

My wife did mention the other day that she has some shopping to do and I do have some spare hours scattered through the week that I'm wasting asleep.

Moondance

I have not driven for Uber or Lyft for other reasons. Gas prices too high. No surge etc. But my wife commented how nice it was to have me at home instead of doing ride share. I'll keep my account active for those special surges. But as of now Im done with rideshare and the shiz passengers.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I have not driven for Uber or Lyft for other reasons. Gas prices too high. No surge etc. But my wife commented how nice it was to have me at home instead of doing ride share. I'll keep my account active for those special surges. But as of now Im done with rideshare and the shiz passengers.

I didn't even get into the whole decrease in profits and operating margins of driving Uber and Lyft from rate decreases and Gas price increases. But, I am not going to put my marriage in jeopardy because of a part time gig.

Caspita

My mistress it really happy with me doing ride-share driving.. it brings money to spend with her and the perfect excuse to be out of the house for long hours at night lol!.. part of the profit goes to the wife to spend and keep her happy.. I'd says it has been a win-win-win situation for the three of us LOL! ... I'm not teasing.. this is a serious contribution believe it or not :p

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Whoever came up with that list never drove Uber in Paterson New jersey

When I reported the incident at the Bergen Town Center yesterday to the Paramus Police I said to them, I am sure you don't see this kind of violence against Uber drivers in Paramus. He says to me "you have got to be kidding me, this is happening every second day around here. Isay, "I have not heard about many incidents in the media or the local crimebeat reports. He says "the problem is that the police do not track violence against Uber drivers as a class, they just track it by race, gender and whether it is a hate crime. He says " the problem with f***king Uber is that it allows all of the thugs to get out of Paterson and Newark quickly and cheaply and come to the nice burbs like Paramus and behave like animals. "

MHR

My husband increased my life insurance policy when I signed up for U/L.

I'm now afraid I'm worth more dead than alive.

In all honesty, I do see why SO's might be afraid for those of you that drive in the big cities. Bad things can happen anywhere however y'all are in the thick of it every time you drive.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

My husband increased my life insurance policy when I signed up for U/L.

I'm now afraid I'm worth more dead than alive.

In all honesty, I do see why SO's might be afraid for those of you that drive in the big cities. Bad things can happen anywhere however y'all are in the thick of it every time you drive.

You said it sister. But no matter where you drive there are always going to be violent, dangerous ghetto people trying to get into your car.

freeFromUber

My gf has been subtly dropping hints about rideshare as well lately. I have been preparing for the LSAT in Dec for my up-coming law school application...
Hmmmm....your cousin has a wife....he gets laid 5 times a day by random women....I would think she knows about this site and reads it....and they're still married?

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Hmmmm....your cousin has a wife....he gets laid 5 times a day by random women....I would think she knows about this site and reads it....and they're still married?

No, my nephew who is 26 is the driver who shags lots of ladies from Uber. He doesn't really drive all that much anymore because he is busy shagging. But he has developed some very useful dashcam editing skills that we have put to good use on the last few incidents.

freeFromUber

No, my nephew who is 26 is the driver who shags lots of ladies from Uber. He doesn't really drive all that much anymore because he is busy shagging. But he has developed some very useful dashcam editing skills that we have put to good use on the last few incidents.
I stand corrected...I thought it was your cousin....thanks for the clarification.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

My cousin is a 55 year old middle aged married guy who is incredibly jealous of my nephew as he gets more ass that a toilet seat.

My cousin is a 55 year old middle aged married guy who is incredibly jealous of my nephew as she gets more ass that a toilet seat.

I have eight men who are family
Members who all drive or have driven for Uber Lyft or Juno.

I think my nephew posts in NYC UP under AussieUberStud.

Last edited: