Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I am not amused by any of your attempts to be funny, idiot

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • The Roman Empire

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Icelandiction

Hello chauffeurs of the west side of the Atlantic

I come from the island of Iceland where we do not have Uber, yet.
I have been anxiously waiting to get to use this service and now might be my lucky break.

Next Tuesday evening I will be landing in Orlando Florida (mco) quite late, 10pm but then it's the border control so i would expect to exit the building just a little bit before midnight. I am affraid that no means of public transport will be available at that time to bring me over to Sarasota, some 2:15 ish hours away.

Not knowing how Uber works I am curious to know if this time of day plus all these miles to cover is something Uber drivers provide? ( probably loads of dead miles back to Disneytown )

What would this joy ride cost me ? including a decent and just tip ? ( is that in-app or also cash? Insert Noob-excuse)

I'll be jet lagged and disoriented so mostly silent I guess but if required, I normally, by nature, can talk endlessly about just about any topic with great enthusiasm and curiosity, if that's anything. Shutting up is also something I'm great at while sleeping.

Interested to see if anyone has something to say about such a long distant relationship (puhdum Dzzz- ok lame)

OrlandoUberX

UberX the basic level cannot pick up at MCO so your options will be the higher end Uber Select or Uber Black or a Taxi. You could always take one of those services to right off of airport property then request an UberX to sarasota. I can tell you that you are looking at a 90 to 100 dollar fare with UberX from the Orlando International Airport area to sarasota. 131 miles ish and 2 hours ish. 65 cents a mile and 11 cents a minute. So 131×.65 =85.15, plus 120 (2 hours) × .11 = 13.20. 85.12+13.20= 98.32. This before any Uber fees are applied.

Good luck with your adventure and safe travels to the US..

SEAL Team 5

Hello chauffeurs of the west side of the Atlantic

I come from the island of Iceland where we do not have Uber, yet.
I have been anxiously waiting to get to use this service and now might be my lucky break.

Next Tuesday evening I will be landing in Orlando Florida (mco) quite late, 10pm but then it's the border control so i would expect to exit the building just a little bit before midnight. I am affraid that no means of public transport will be available at that time to bring me over to Sarasota, some 2:15 ish hours away.

Not knowing how Uber works I am curious to know if this time of day plus all these miles to cover is something Uber drivers provide? ( probably loads of dead miles back to Disneytown )

What would this joy ride cost me ? including a decent and just tip ? ( is that in-app or also cash? Insert Noob-excuse)

I'll be jet lagged and disoriented so mostly silent I guess but if required, I normally, by nature, can talk endlessly about just about any topic with great enthusiasm and curiosity, if that's anything. Shutting up is also something I'm great at while sleeping.

Interested to see if anyone has something to say about such a long distant relationship (puhdum Dzzz- ok lame)
Every major airport has van services also. You share the ride with a few other people. Check Orlando Airport Ground Transportation on line.

Icelandiction

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
UberX the basic level cannot pick up at MCO so your options will be the higher end Uber Select or Uber Black or a Taxi. You could always take one of those services to right off of airport property then request an UberX to sarasota. I can tell you that you are looking at a 90 to 100 dollar fare with UberX from the Orlando International Airport area to sarasota. 131 miles ish and 2 hours ish. 65 cents a mile and 11 cents a minute. So 131×.65 =85.15, plus 120 (2 hours) × .11 = 13.20. 85.12+13.20= 98.32. This before any Uber fees are applied.

Good luck with your adventure and safe travels to the US..
Ah thanks man!! But why not just take uber black/select the whole way?

Icelandiction

Haha wow- a bit too much - 300+ bucks
But I would definately like to make a new friend that would pick me up at the airport and drive me to sarasota. On the way I would bet him 200 bucks that he would not manage to get me there in under three hours and then happilly pay my debt upon arrival. Sounds legal

OrlandoUberX

Haha wow- a bit too much - 300+ bucks
But I would definately like to make a new friend that would pick me up at the airport and drive me to sarasota. On the way I would bet him 200 bucks that he would not manage to get me there in under three hours and then happilly pay my debt upon arrival. Sounds legal
Well I wish you luck finding someone, im currently not adding any new friends to my list because my vehicle is in the shop for a few weeks. But heres a tip from someone who use to live down by Sarasota you need to while your there check out Munchies 420 Cafe. They are open from 420 pm to 420 am and have awesome food and beer (Win/win).

5 Star Guy

Situations like this I wonder depending on what you are doing in Sarasota if it's better to just rent a car? There might be a one way option if you don't need a rental and the person you are spending time with could take you back the airport, if it's not late. Check around, a convertible is better than a trip with a random driver, don't forget to add the tip. :cool:

Icelandiction

Hi- thanks for that, that is actually just what I did so thanks to everybody for takkng the time to educate me on my options!

Will use the Uber though for my Orlando erins when I return