1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Organize against this Orwellian, deceitful, lying company!!!

Discussion in 'Pay' started by LaUbah, Jan 11, 2016.

1. LaUbah

LaUbah New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Third year in a row they do the same thing. They lie in your face about "temporary cuts", they sugarcoat it with the hourly "guarantees" and then they finish you by taking the guarantees away making the cuts permanent!!! And the ONLY REASON THEY DO IT, is not over any "winter slump", but to KILL THE COMPETITION AND BECOME A MONOPOLY!!! They already killed Sidecar and now they are targeting LYFT, the only remaining competitor. Over the past year, I've increased my hours from 40 to 60, and I still can't keep up with my bills and my car loan, WHICH I BOUGHT LIKE A MORON TO DRIVE WITH UBER. Kalanick is going to continue to do this to us as long as we don't organize. Get it through your heads, we own the cars, i.e. the means of production here, they own nothing, except this stupid app. Let's organize, let's create our own app, and leave this greedy company once and for all. Drive for LYFT if you can. Venture capitalists, or big companies that are UBER's competitors in China and Latin America, are you listening? Come to the US market, use your app, pay us a decent wage, and we'll all switch from this lying company in a heartbeat. We own the cars!!!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    dnlbaboof, Optimus Prime and Ca$h4 like this.
  2. JJ/Uber/Miami

JJ/Uber/Miami Well-Known Member

I hear you LA, but your plea is most likely going to fall on deaf ears. No matter how much this company keeps screwing drivers by slashing rates, people STILL keep turning on the app and driving. I stopped driving for Uber a looong time ago and drive exclusively for Lyft every couple months.

As I stated in another thread, the solution is simple -- all drivers have to do is collectively turn off their apps for 24 hours to bring Uber to its knees and get rates increased back to decent levels. Driving for .30, .50, .75 cents a mile is insane, but these people continue to get on the road for these 3rd world rates. If you're intentionally going to let Uber enslave you for pennies on the dollar, then don't complain about it, STAND TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. WE HAVE THE POWER.

If you don't want to be a part of the solution, then keep driving until your rates are 5 cents a mile and shut up !!!!!

Ca$h4 likes this.
  3. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI

Uber is not lying about the pay cuts' being "temporary". The pay cuts, are, in fact temporary; temporary until they cut our pay, again, that is.

4. dnlbaboof

dnlbaboof Well-Known Member

its funny how every company from airlines to retail places like amazon and best buy do less business in january but none cut wages by 30 percent, and who says they even lose that much business, people always need rides, unlike gifts

Ca$h4 likes this.
  5. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    24 hours will no accomplish diddly squat.
    You would need 30 days minimum.
    By day 17, IF you could get even 50% of world wide partners to stay logged off, youd be on your way to victory.
    One day would not cripple a giant.

LAuberX likes this.
  6. borrowedtune

borrowedtune Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Asking for companies in China and Latin America to come to the U.S. to raise worker wages?

Drkadzija and Shack45 like this.
  7. r...uber

r...uber Member

The fact is, Uber is only screwing all of us. With that said, is gonna happen again and again, that is the way the system works. The only way things are gonna change is if we unite. I know by a fact is hard to say no to a s...t of a fare, the truth is at least it put a plate on our dinner table. but, we have to find options. We are only strong together. Lets start thinking how to play the system, first, and our final goal should be to bring down this piece of crap company.
    Turn off apps simultaneously, lets say for ten minutes starting on the hour. go back online only if price is at a livable level 3x at least.
    Unite to find ways to came up with our own app, lets cut the middle man. (there must be a way)
    Lets all came up with options.

8. LaUbah

LaUbah New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That's right!!!!

9. LaUbah

LaUbah New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Let's start with a three day strike. We should plan it ahead, maybe a month to two ahead, so we can get as many drivers from around the US to join, but also give time to the ones who rely on Uber for the majority of their income, to offset the money they will lose from the strike. This way we can at least get some publicity, get our plea heard from the public.