Ord pit

Brady One

was it slow for everyone this morning ?
Waited 2 hours for a ping then it went to rosemont wth is going on ???? Anyone else ??

Mapnik

Waited 2 hours for a ping then it went to rosemont wth is going on ???? Anyone else ??
That's exactly what you will get at 'the pit'.

By the way, taxis have this process called "short-trip zone", where if the trip is within a certain radius, they get a ticket and the right to cut back into the line when they come back... the taxi line is also transparent and not dependent on Uber distributing the trips as they please.

Another reason for riders to L-O-V-E Uber... those jerk taxis don't like $5 trips, but in "the spirit of Uber, they take you anywhere without complaint" (I actually heard a pax say that).

I once took a guy to South Holland from ORD - he actually said to me "you know, if I took a taxi it's going to like totally ruin the guy's day..." I just kept whistling... it's the spirit of Uber, catch the spirit guys!!!

Mapnik

I don't know why anyone would wait so long there.
The only reason is if you are scared of the city and/or want to get away from your family or somebody like that... even when you get there and it's a low-queue, you will still see at least 50 cars there, all camped out with folding chairs and the whole works... I mean it's basically a refugee camp.

blackjackross

I've only been to the "old pit" on Bessie Coleman Drive once. I have never set foot in the current one. I've been to the MDW lot twice. Whenever I drive by the current ORD pit and see 200 cars in the queue , I say to myself, "There, but for the grace of God go I."

I have 7900 rides and refuse to sit in the pit. Will take my chances heading back into the city if I don't get am immediate rematch. I often get pickups back to the city.

And drivers wonder why they can't make their quest incentives. I get it if it's just that you want to get away from a nagging spouse/significant other or annoying kids----the pit is like the local neighborhood tavern to hang out with your "understanding buddies". But remember, "If your wheels ain't turnin' you ain't earnin'."

Last edited:

mikes424

What exactly is Uber's policy on short rides from the pit?

Yesterday I got a ping while in the pit. Short ride to Schiller Park. After drop off I headed back to the pick. Just before I entered the pit I got a ping for a pickup at terminal 3. There were over 100 cars in the pit waiting.

Papritsa

I've been at the ord pit every morning for the past week. U see I'm on vacation from my "other full time job " so have been UBERING more. I can't believe the amount of rideshare drivers entering the lot without the display emblems on there dash board or the Uber LYFT logos in front. Cmon.

Bigbadb91

I've been at the ord pit every morning for the past week. U see I'm on vacation from my "other full time job " so have been UBERING more. I can't believe the amount of rideshare drivers entering the lot without the display emblems on there dash board or the Uber LYFT logos in front. Cmon.
Lol why? I've been undressed since I've started, just don't do dumb shit n you'll be ok and if you ever do get popped, show em a picture of your car with everything on it and it gets dropped

lakersfan1

Yall need to boot up Lyft. If you get a short ride out the Pit on Lyft, you get bumped back in the line. Always run both in the Pit. I find Lyft is faster in the morning, and Uber faster later in the day.

mellemel306

You can't compare Rideshare to Taxi/Livery, They MAKE MORE MONEY FOR A REASON. I feel rideshare is capitalizing on people who want to be entrepreneurs but haven't found their path yet or are building towards it.

The Taxi/Livery service HAS WAY MORE Regulation than rideshare, they have to jump through way more hoops than rideshare, they just didn't count on rideshare ever existing and ABUSED their MONOPOLY to the point of the consumer taking a risk and that risk paid off.

This has more to do with the current state of our human existence reverting back to robber baron days, or it could be the natural flow of greedy POS pushing against a human collective that evolves. Excuse my rhetoric, I'm just sick of poor people constantly fighting poor people because some have forgotten we have the numbers.

I've never sat and waited at the pit, In the time it takes to wait, I've already got a ride to somewhere. I believe the Pit is for drivers who drive many long hours and need a break, so they wait in the pit. Also, drivers who spend so much time driving, that they may need to reconnect with people they have something in common with.

Rideshare is not taxi/livery, though we compete very well with them. The bottomline is rideshare let's people make money that probably couldn't make elsewhere and GIVES THEM THE AUTONOMY to do so. So many of US drivers may overlook what we really make, because we HAVE MORE CONTROL than the average working stiff. Rideshare is clever, who ever worked a job as a peg in the wheel, WHO COULD LEAVE IT ANYTIME HE/SHE FELT LIKE and gets to come back WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE? Not I...

Just don't compare Apples to Oranges, even if the Orange is painted like an Apple.

Make your money and don't think of this JOB as always negative, the strongest people in this world are those who give SERVICE.

Be safe out there and make your money, I can't believe how constant the pings are now!

Rideshare is going nowhere, it is the evolution of the livery service, before self driving cars, I believe their will be a time when this will be a supplemental income for MOST of the people who drive.

Rant over....

Koolbreze

stay out of the pit....the so called "undressed drivers will soon get their citations. The airport police do not let you slide with a picture of a "dressed" car.

DaCoach

That's exactly what you will get at 'the pit'.

By the way, taxis have this process called "short-trip zone", where if the trip is within a certain radius, they get a ticket and the right to cut back into the line when they come back... the taxi line is also transparent and not dependent on Uber distributing the trips as they please.

Another reason for riders to L-O-V-E Uber... those jerk taxis don't like $5 trips, but in "the spirit of Uber, they take you anywhere without complaint" (I actually heard a pax say that).

I once took a guy to South Holland from ORD - he actually said to me "you know, if I took a taxi it's going to like totally ruin the guy's day..." I just kept whistling... it's the spirit of Uber, catch the spirit guys!!!
The x driver that went to Rosemont probably got lost because that's all they do!! Or the customer told them where to go!!

isosconfig

All right. Those who do airport runs to the left (yes, damnit, a song.) Those who perfer not--- on the right, if you please.. Someone died and crowned me a minute ago (waiting for a ping in the pit.)

At wit's end. I can not take it no more. No mo.

Everything everyone has said is correct, This is most certainly true (St. Paul.)

In rare rant of unwarranted online hosility.

Stay the ___ out.

Go home and take some of these drivers from Indiana with you. Don't come back. Stay gone.

Who needs ya? Ya damn sure aint got a cot to spare. Prolly don't know how to camp with your own kind and I'm sure you dont have a deck of cards. Not even a crossword puzzle or a box of uno. No chess or checkers. Can't deal blackjack or poker. Not a bottle of water nor a jar of kimchee. Think all the gurls are ugly and those who aint will drop it like its hot for you the minute you mack with your superior dreamy eyes. And you expect to get in and out wif da quickness and too damn high n mighty to sit 'round with us crab about your wife, your life. Wont help a stranger with a damn thing. Millennial expediency, above all.

I aint missing you. At all. Aint missin u. You don't have to live like a refugee.

Don't know how to sleep in your car or take a clean two in crappy feces filled plastic.....

(Oh, my medication, chit where is that bottle...)

Last edited:

Tom Harding

Yall need to boot up Lyft. If you get a short ride out the Pit on Lyft, you get bumped back in the line. Always run both in the Pit. I find Lyft is faster in the morning, and Uber faster later in the day.
Uber does the same, at least at Midway. Short trips and returning to Midway within 15 minutes of the trip end puts you back in the queue as if you never left. At least that has happened to me. 59th street orange line to Marriott hotel on 65th and Cicero. Then back to the Midway pit. Was number 10 when left, came back as number 2

DylanSam

Uber does the same, at least at Midway. Short trips and returning to Midway within 15 minutes of the trip end puts you back in the queue as if you never left. At least that has happened to me. 59th street orange line to Marriott hotel on 65th and Cicero. Then back to the Midway pit. Was number 10 when left, came back as number 2

This happened to me couple weeks ago on a Saturday morning. Trip was only 10 minutes south of Midway. Dropped him off and it only took me about 5 minutes to get back to pit. Went back in at number 1.

Tom Harding

at Midway I have never waited even close to that long. Usually less than 1/2 hour, sometimes as I pull in I get a ping or just enough time to relieve myself.
Monday was pretty good at Midway. Got there at 1:30PM, got ping in 10 minutes, picked up and went to Naperville. After drop off, got ping in 5 minutes, picked up and headed back to Midway ($10 tip). Dropped off at Midway and got ping while leaving the Departures to pickup at Arrivals that went to Loop. This should happen every day.

NoPooPool

All right. Those who do airport runs to the left (yes, damnit, a song.) Those who perfer not--- on the right, if you please.. Someone died and crowned me a minute ago (waiting for a ping in the pit.)

At wit's end. I can not take it no more. No mo.

Everything everyone has said is correct, This is most certainly true (St. Paul.)

In rare rant of unwarranted online hosility.

Stay the ___ out.

Go home and take some of these drivers from Indiana with you. Don't come back. Stay gone.

Who needs ya? Ya damn sure aint got a cot to spare. Prolly don't know how to camp with your own kind and I'm sure you dont have a deck of cards. Not even a crossword puzzle or a box of uno. No chess or checkers. Can't deal blackjack or poker. Not a bottle of water nor a jar of kimchee. Think all the gurls are ugly and those who aint will drop it like its hot for you the minute you mack with your superior dreamy eyes. And you expect to get in and out wif da quickness and too damn high n mighty to sit 'round with us crab about your wife, your life. Wont help a stranger with a damn thing. Millennial expediency, above all.

I aint missing you. At all. Aint missin u. You don't have to live like a refugee.

Don't know how to sleep in your car or take a clean two in crappy feces filled plastic.....

(Oh, my medication, chit where is that bottle...)
You are losing it isosconfig. Take that medication and go home and get some good sleep. LOL

quesie

Problem is they almost always follow that bump with a Line or another short trip.

lakersfan1

Problem is they almost always follow that bump with a Line or another short trip.
On Droid, if you hit square and swipe Lyft right, the app thinks it lost communication on the Line ride and will reboot a minute later. Next ride is usually regular Lyft. You will not lose your place in line. Apple? No idea!