ORD pickup points

cubs121221

Two issues here. Are we now allowed to pickup outside the two designated areas? I had a ping last night for vestibule 1G, which is the last vestibule. I just pulled in the the first loading zone. She called and said she designated 1G. This is the second pax that this has happened with. I've already had run-in's with the rude attendants up there threating to give me tickets for various reasons, I'm not picking up outside those two zones.

Second issue is same trip. It was a pool trip. So I began first trip, and second one said terminal 5 arrivals level. I didn't know, nor did uber inform me, that there was another loading zone. I had no idea where to go, so I just sat in the second zone for 2 mins and collected my $4. I know that was mind of shitty of me to do, but I blame uber.

Uberana

To the best of my knowledge, the pick up areas are the same as they have always been. We're not allowed to pick up at vestibules 1G, 2A, 2E or 3A. However the rider app now indicates those vestibules as pick up areas. I believe they(Uber)were trying to come up with something better than the "Pick Up Area A and B" but obviously they failed.

The pick up area for the international terminal has always been at the arrival level from day one. You must have missed that memo. Sorry, can't blame Uber for that one.

vegastim13

I don't pickup at T5 often, but when I do it's a cluster @@@@ usually. Is there a specific area we are supposed to be beyond arrivals? I don't recall seeing any signs down there.

Uberana

I don't pickup at T5 often, but when I do it's a cluster &%[email protected]!* usually. Is there a specific area we are supposed to be beyond arrivals? I don't recall seeing any signs down there.
The specified area is just to the right of vestibule 5B (as you face the terminal) outer lane. There is a sign but it is hardly noticeable.

Mike887

Two issues here. Are we now allowed to pickup outside the two designated areas? I had a ping last night for vestibule 1G, which is the last vestibule. I just pulled in the the first loading zone. She called and said she designated 1G. This is the second pax that this has happened with. I've already had run-in's with the rude attendants up there threating to give me tickets for various reasons, I'm not picking up outside those two zones.

Second issue is same trip. It was a pool trip. So I began first trip, and second one said terminal 5 arrivals level. I didn't know, nor did uber inform me, that there was another loading zone. I had no idea where to go, so I just sat in the second zone for 2 mins and collected my $4. I know that was mind of shitty of me to do, but I blame uber.
Received this from a friend of mine at the airport. Hope it helps.

RIDESHARE PICK-UP LOCATIONS AT O'HARE

Loading zones for rideshare services are at the following locations:

• Upper Level between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2
• Upper Level between Terminal 2 and Terminal 3
• Lower Level Terminal 5 across from Door 5A

Uber Black and Uber Taxi will pick up on the Lower Level.

BeingStewie

The specified area is just to the right of vestibule 5B (as you face the terminal) outer lane. There is a sign but it is hardly noticeable.
I've been struggling to find that information from the uber help site the past two times had an international terminal pickup. It has been from that vicinity, since there are all these cars parked on the outer drive, you can hardly see the sign. Luckily didn't have any problems, but the app seems to indicate the inner drive, but the sign to the entrance of that drive says restricted to cabs and authorized vehicles.

Will save that info for later, thanks.

75drive

I always text the passenger to make sure they know where the pick-up area is and if they say yes and they're not there, I wait the five and cancel.

SomeDrivingGuy

They will take your plates to write a ticket later, be careful! $20 is not worth $100+ ticket.

I haven't had any problems with ORD. I pick up from wherever except arrivals. I would advise against cancelling at the airport at nearly all costs.

75drive

They will take your plates to write a ticket later, be careful! $20 is not worth $100+ ticket.

I haven't had any problems with ORD. I pick up from wherever except arrivals. I would advise against cancelling at the airport at nearly all costs.
My intentions are not to cancel but when I text you an you confirm you know the pick up location or argue with me to pick you up at 3F. That's on you. I have pax not understand where the pick up location is although I'm not sure why it isn't that hard but I'll call if they just can't grasp it and talk them through it.

ChiGal

My intentions are not to cancel but when I text you an you confirm you know the pick up location or argue with me to pick you up at 3F. That's on you. I have pax not understand where the pick up location is although I'm not sure why it isn't that hard but I'll call if they just can't grasp it and talk them through it.
Agreed. I cancel them after 5 mins, collect my fee, sit there for 5 more minutes and get another ping. If you don't drive off you are still next in line. It takes you out of que once you pass terminal five and turn on Bessie Coleman for both Uber and Lyft.