ORD or MDW which do you prefer?

Which airport do you prefer for pickup requests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jameshetfield

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber and Lyft need to get their heads out of their asses and fix this issue at MDW. I'm sure everyone's eyes roll when they see a pickup request come from outside of the airport and already have an assumption of going out of your way for a $5 fare.

On one particular day I remember at least five to seven requests went to the wayside. I'm thinking why am I being summoned to pick up passengers outside the airport? Does this happen in other cites/airports? My mind tells me it was somewhat of a tactic by Uber to get you out of that lot and give others a chance or their systems just don't recognize that the cell phone lot should just be dedicated only towards airport pickups.

Last edited:

AllenChicago

June 1, 2016

Something weird happened with American Airlines @ Ohare on Tuesday night 5/31/2016. I took 3 sets of unrelated passengers from Palatine Motels to Ohare today, because their luggage was lost last night. A.A. set up cots for at Ohare, or paid for them to stay at the posh Holiday Inn or Comfort Inn, way out in Palatine, if they paid their own way to get there. Each of these fares paid some lucky Lyft driver 200%/250% for the ride from ORD to PAL at 1:00am last night. (It's normally a $24 fare)

SuperHiro

Neither unless I just dropped a pax off at ORD and the countdown shows 15min or less. Waited 30-40 minutes for a ping, pax canceled as I was driving onto Bessie Coleman Dr. Countdown clock disappeared and had to go back to the staging lot, back of the line to wait another 30 minutes. Heard the word that if a pax cancel you get bumped up but that's a lie...

LarryA

Neither unless I just dropped a pax off at ORD and the countdown shows 15min or less. Waited 30-40 minutes for a ping, pax canceled as I was driving onto Bessie Coleman Dr. Countdown clock disappeared and had to go back to the staging lot, back of the line to wait another 30 minutes. Heard the word that if a pax cancel you get bumped up but that's a lie...
Had similar experience yesterday, I was bumped to the back of the line.

Body Politic

Midway sucks more getting there. O'Hare sucks more once you ARE there. With Midway, you're in and out within a couple minutes. With O'Hare, it's a solid 15 to 20 minutes between the time you enter the airport property, get to the terminal, drop them off, and get out. Less I suppose if you return to the staging lot, but still a lot more time. I guess the good news is you're getting paid for half that time since the pax is still in your car. But it still feels like I'm being pulled into a tar pit.