• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ORD or MDW which do you prefer?

Which airport do you prefer for pickup requests?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jameshetfield

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Definitely. ORD gets brownie points for the food truck that must have started today? Can anyone confirm? It's called Chowhall.

JHawk

Definitely. ORD gets brownie points for the food truck that must have started today? Can anyone confirm? It's called Chowhall.
super smart move on the part of a food-truck owner...talk about a "target-rich" environment if it's true....wonder if they're permitted to be there or if it's a matter of time until the ORD police chase them out

I'm not feeling either one too much wait time I'll drop the pax at the airport then head back to where I profit the most I lose money at the airports

Beside that both waiting area are a "Cluster FU4k" full of circling vultures If they can come up with a way to let you know your position in line then at least you know if its worth the wait.

pizza guy

Naperville to O'Hare in light traffic is a great run. I don't do pickups but I found some areas near the airport I do pretty good in. Midway just sucks for so many reasons.

Yeah Midway is just too far for me, plus your always riding empty the whole way back. I did Des Plaines to Midway once, was a 48$ fare.

Last edited:

UberBeemer

I haven't been there since before November, but it seems Midway is like being stranded in a fare desert. The surrounding area is a low demand horror show of crappy roads and crappier drivers, and every time I get on the Stevenson it's a parking lot in either direction. ORD has Rosemont, Park Ridge, Schiller Park, Des Plaines, all areas surrounding have a high likelihood of pings. No contest.

jameshetfield

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Midway can be a bummer if you get the type that are extremely quiet and are addicted to their phones.

Found the clientele from O'Hare more friendlier however the commute into the loop can be gruesome during rush hour. 1 hour at least to travel about 15 miles.

Only thing Midway has to offer is the White Castle on 63rd and Cicero that is open 24 hours.

JourneyOn

Here's something you should all know about MDW pickups. (I'm a Lyft driver.) After waiting 45 minutes for a ping in the cell phone lot, I drove up to the designated pickup spot to look for the pax. When I didn't see her, and because the address was a bit vague (55th and Cicero Ave.), I called her. She said she cancelled because she now just got on a bus. She really was at 55th and Cicero and never was at MDW - yet I got pinged for a non-airport pickup after waiting 45 minutes in the cell phone lot! I immediately emailed Lyft to complain, and they replied, "The Lyft platform aims to match passengers with their nearest driver, and we try to keep travel time as low as possible. From time to time, far away requests happen. This isn't always a bad thing — in the end, it means that there is passenger demand for rides throughout your city." Now there's a real incentive to do MDW - not!

Fjavier1203

That has happened to ohare to me twice. I called pax one was going to United center other to oak lawn. From hotel.... The one I rejected was a pick up from target( was fustrated bc was cancelled on 3x wonder why) ......hell no I cancelled .... Best to have both apps and call when outside the lot.... I'm sorry 2 hrs waiting for 5 ride. Not fair

LEAFdriver

Really?! When is it there?
It was there yesterday from 1-2pm (at least). There was a truck called "Rays Jamaican Jerk Chicken" (or something like that, just leaving when I got there at 1 pm) If anyone knows if any of these food trucks sell COFFEE....please let us know! :smiles:

:biggrin:

ChowHall.jpg