Option to "Stop New Requests" on UberPool Now?

RedoBeach

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right!! I was super excited when I saw this. Still tbd if it works.

Reactions: fml

Transportador

So does it only appear when you are on a Pool ride already? then it could mean not loading you with more request during that ride. What happens after the ride ends? back to Pool requests?

yucklyftline

So does it only appear when you are on a Pool ride already? then it could mean not loading you with more request during that ride. What happens after the ride ends? back to Pool requests?
With lyfts "last ride" feature, it will still add people to the current line but it won't stack after you drop off pax A,B,C, and sometimes D.

RedoBeach

I just confirmed it is on UberX as well. Still have not used it yet..

Euius

It's ubers version of lyfts "go offline after this ride"

I wouldn't count on it not adding second pool pickups, just no forward dispatch

RedoBeach

I tested this feature a couple times yesterday... Both during Pool and during X. After several matched Pool requests, after dropping off all passengers except one, I finally hit the "Stop New Requests" button during a 2.0 Pool and received no additional Pool requests for the remainder of the 20 minute trip. I did the same for an X and received no additional requests.

I was receiving stacked pings for a long time prior and it was busy out, so I am pretty confident that it worked For both preventing additional Pool requests and X requests.

Attachments

FARIS

Wow that would be huge, since I no longer ever pick up two uber poolers anymore unless it's 2.5x or above or higher than current pooler...
Under new Uber new rules you will not have the option anymore , I just received an email from them today that says they will add up riders without my approval just like Lyft...They care only about money .

Reactions: fml

manuella

Under new Uber new rules you will not have the option anymore , I just received an email from them today that says they will add up riders without my approval just like Lyft...They care only about money .
Hate to say it but most drivers wanted this to happen and it doesn't change much for me , when I do pool I accept any ping then analyze my feelings lol to either go to pick the rider or cancel

At least this takes one step out the equation plus pax doesn't have to think that I'm picking up other people to spite them