Opt Out Of Arbitration Again For The Updated Platform Access Agreement Updated As Of January 6, 2020

Wonkytonk

Ok kids you know the routine by now. Updated Platform Access Agreement means once again opting out of arbitration so get hot!

Here's the relevant section of the agreement:

Send email to the following email address: [email protected]

Send your
Name
Email address associated with your account
Phone number associated with your account
And the city and state in which you reside

If everything goes well you'll receive an email reply to that opt out email from
Opt out of Uber Arbitration Provision <[email protected]>

If you do not receive that email reply double check the email address you sent it to and if necessary try again.

Here's the relavant section of the agreement with instructions for opting out.

13.8. Your Right To Opt Out Of This Arbitration Provision
(a) Agreeing to this Arbitration Provision is not a mandatory condition of your contractual relationship with us. If you do not want to be subject to this Arbitration Provision, you may opt out of this Arbitration Provision (subject to the pending litigation provision in Section 13.2, and the limitations set forth in this Section 13.8). To do so, within 30 days of the date that this Agreement is electronically accepted by you, you must send an electronic email from the email address associated with your driver account to [email protected], stating your intent to opt out of this Arbitration Provision, as well as your name, the phone number associated with your driver account, and the city in which you reside.

Wolfgang Faust

Ok kids you know the routine by now. Updated Platform Access Agreement means once again opting out of arbitration so get hot!

Send your
Name

If everything goes well you'll receive an email reply to that opt out email from

If you do not receive that email reply double check the email address you sent it to and if necessary try again.

(a) Agreeing to this Arbitration Provision is not a mandatory condition of your contractual relationship with us. If you do not want to be subject to this Arbitration Provision, you may opt out of this Arbitration Provision (subject to the pending litigation provision in Section 13.2, and the limitations set forth in this Section 13.8). To do so, within 30 days of the date that this Agreement is electronically accepted by you, you must send an electronic email from the email address associated with your driver account to [email protected], stating your intent to opt out of this Arbitration Provision, as well as your name, the phone number associated with your driver account, and the city in which you reside.
Thank you.

Uber Work Hero

Send your
Name

I got the email, but my access to the app hasn’t been restored it’s still trying to get me to agree to both the Platform and Indemnity agreement.

How long does it take before they recognize the opt out and allow you back on the app?
B2B7D40E-0FAD-4635-9D1C-56DE7A19AB69.jpeg

Wonkytonk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the email, but my access to the app hasn’t been restored it’s still trying to get me to agree to both the Platform and Indemnity agreement.

How long does it take before they recognize the opt out and allow you back on the app? View attachment 399285
There are three you have to agree to this time. First is a pair the Platform Agreement, the Indemnity agreement come as a package you have to agree to,and then later for me came the Fare Addendum I had to agree to. Once I agreed to the Fare addendum it went straight through.

The first package came in last night when I went to check on something so I agreed opted out and closed the app. Just now I needed to check something else out and the Fare addendum agreement popped up and I agreed and it went right through.
Post automatically merged:

There are three you have to agree to this time. First is a pair the Platform Agreement, the Indemnity agreement come as a package you have to agree to,and then later for me came the Fare Addendum I had to agree to. Once I agreed to the Fare addendum it went straight through.

The first package came in last night when I went to check on something so I agreed opted out and closed the app. Just now I needed to check something else out and the Fare addendum agreement popped up and I agreed and it went right through.
Actually I closed the app out at that point, and went back in just now and it wanted me to agree to the fare addendum again. When I did it made me take a picture, but went into the app after that.

Uber Work Hero

Actually I closed the app out at that point, and went back in just now and it wanted me to agree to the fare addendum again. When I did it made me take a picture, but went into the app after that.
I misunderstood. I thought drivers sent the opt out e-mail first and then didn’t have to accept the agreements in the app.

Do you think I should send another e-mail now that I’ve agreed or the e-mail before I agreed is fine?

(Thanks for replying!)

Wonkytonk

I misunderstood. I thought drivers sent the opt out e-mail first and then didn’t have to accept the agreements in the app.

Do you think I should send another e-mail now that I’ve agreed or the e-mail before I agreed is fine?

(Thanks for replying!)
Unfortunately you have to agree and then you have 30 days to opt out. I wouldn't hurt to send another email especially if it gives you sense of assurance, and technically I suppose they could insist you were opting out of the previous agreement too late so go ahead and send another one and note in the email you're opting out of the agreement dated what was it 6 January? Check it before you send.

Daisey77

How long does it take before they recognize the opt out and allow you back on the app? View attachment 399285
You have to agree to all of the addendums and agreements. You're not opting out of those. You're opting out of the arbitration provision. So you agree to all of the agreements and addendums and then you have 30 days to send the email to opt out of arbitration and that allows you to either sue them if need be, you can still choose to go through arbitration oh, and it also allows you to join class actions. So by you opting out of arbitration it opens up your options as far as legal recourse goes

View attachment 399315

Who did i piss off i got like 3 of them lol
We all got three. I got them all at the same time but then again I'm sure all of us drivers have pissed them off

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

Send your
Name

Only works if you opted out on every single one.
Miss one and it invalidates all of them...

Wonkytonk

Only works if you opted out on every single one.
Miss one and it invalidates all of them...
I do not believe that to be true for a second.

The last agreement had specific language stating the previous arbitration status with respect to having had opted out of arbitration would remain in effect however you could opt out of arbitration for the new stuff. I question the legality of even that.

Unless I missed it this one states nothing about previous status. I'm no lawyer but what does it hurt to opt out and have proof you did? Nothing, right. Worst case scenario you're right. Better case I am and you've opted out protecting your right to sue them.

I do not believe that to be true for a second.

The last agreement had specific language stating the previous arbitration status with respect to having had opted out of arbitration would remain in effect however you could opt out of arbitration for the new stuff. I question the legality of even that.

Unless I missed it this one states nothing about previous status. I'm no lawyer but what does it hurt to opt out and have proof you did? Nothing, right. Worst case scenario you're right. Better case I am and you've opted out protecting your right to sue them.
(c) If you opt out of this Arbitration Provision and at the time of
your receipt of this Agreement you were bound by an existing agreement to arbitrate
disputes arising out of or related to your use of our Platform and Driver App, that existing
arbitration agreement will remain in full force and effect.

Reading the entire document is helpful.
If you failed to opt out of even one of these you are bound by that one you did not opt out of... "that existing arbitration agreement will remain in full force and effect."

Wonkytonk

your receipt of this Agreement you were bound by an existing agreement to arbitrate
disputes arising out of or related to your use of our Platform and Driver App, that existing

Reading the entire document is helpful.
If you failed to opt out of even one of these you are bound by that one you did not opt out of... "that existing arbitration agreement will remain in full force and effect."
Again. Unless I missed it I did not see any statement to the effect of what you're stating in the current agreement. If you have please feel free to share it.

In the absence of that that opt out is effective moving forward with the one exception they currently carved out which is the current litigation exception.

And again. Whether your are correct, in the current absence of any written evidence to that effect in the current agreement, and information appearing to be contrary to that interpretation when contrasted with previous agreements, or I am correctly interpreting the current agreement in the absence of any legal background, it harms nothing to opt out, and may well protect driver's legal right to sue.

Since that's the case it's a no brainer to go ahead and opt out.

Last edited:

Again. Unless I missed it I did not see any statement to the effect of what you're stating in the current agreement. If you have please feel free to share it.

In the absence of that that opt out is effective moving forward with the one exception they currently carved out which is the current litigation exception.

And again. Whether your are correct, in the current absence of any written evidence to that effect in the current agreement, and information appearing to be contrary in previous agreements, or I am correctly interpreting the current agreement in the absence of any legal background, it harms nothing to opt out, and may well protect driver's legal right to sue.

Are you daft or illiterate.
I literally posted sub section c) of 13.8 from the January 6th 2020 agreement.
@@@@

Thanks, OP.
I didn't opt out when I joined. I'm going to now.
If you didn't then, you can't now.
Read 13.8 subsection c) as posted already here.

And again. Whether your are correct, in the current absence of any written evidence to that effect in the current agreement, and information appearing to be contrary in previous agreements, or I am correctly interpreting the current agreement in the absence of any legal background, it harms nothing to opt out, and may well protect driver's legal right to sue.

Again, since you are terrible at reading and feel free to login to your driver profile on the partners website and read it there as well.