Uber Drivers Forum banner

Opt in for guaranteed hours or Power Driver Bonus?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  uberpa 
#1 ·
I just received an email to choose to opt in for hours here in Denver...

Fri. 3/4
$20/hr from 6pm-8pm
$23/hr from 8pm-1am
$24/hr from 1am-3am

Sat. 3/5
$18/hr from 6pm-8pm
$23/hr from 8pm-1am
$24/hr from 1am-3am

BUT this little statement at the bottom of the page had me go Hrmmmmm.....

* Average hourly guarantees are pre-commission, and any resulting bonuses are subject to Lyft's commission. Power Driver Bonuses do not apply to guarantee bonuses. Terms apply and are subject to change.

Not sure if I should opt in then. If so, the way this seems to be written is, that it cancels out the Power Driver Bonus's. Is that correct?

#2 ·
I get the same e-mail every 3 weeks or so. Have never opted-in because I'm under the impression that you have to work all of the hours listed, or you don't qualify for any of them. Plus, I don't want to get continual e-mails warning me that I missed 1am to 3am on Friday, or whatever.

Our guarantees here in the Chicago area are only $17/hour and list more days, along with morning weekday rush hours. It's interesting how Lyft differs in so many ways from city-to-city.

#3 ·
I get the same e-mail every 3 weeks or so. Have never opted-in because I'm under the impression that you have to work all of the hours listed, or you don't qualify for any of them. Plus, I don't want to get continual e-mails warning me that I missed 1am to 3am on Friday, or whatever.

Our guarantees here in the Chicago area are only $17/hour and list more days, along with morning weekday rush hours. It's interesting how Lyft differs in so many ways from city-to-city.
I get them every week. You definitely don't have to do all the hours. I never have. At 17 though, it really doesn't matter. The week they did 22 though, I ended up with a nice 100 clam bonus at the end of the week.

#6 ·
Opting in does not interfere with Power Driver Bonus.

The disclaimer at the bottom is simply stating that if you earn PDB, that any GUARANTEE payments will not be subject to PDB. So say you only earned $12 during one of the $24/hour hours and were earning $12 in guarantee pay. That $12 would then be subject to the 20% commission, so your net on the guarantee would only be $9.60, not $12.00 - you won't get the $2.40 back as you do with fares.

#7 ·
I just received an email to choose to opt in for hours here in Denver...

Not sure if I should opt in then. If so, the way this seems to be written is, that it cancels out the Power Driver Bonus's. Is that correct?
NO, only the additional cash is powerdriver-less...also, you can (and should) "opt-out" overly profitable guarantee hours by not qualifying the 50 minute thing if you're keeping your averages @ 1 min fare per hour for max free money (not that powerdriver would do much there)

if it ends up as, say, $10 fares on a $20 guarantee, you get 17.50 / 18.00 base, 18.50/19.00 power driver I, 19.50/20.00 power diver II (+1/+2 on the 10 in färes)

just verified off my earnings statement:

RIDES net: $325
TIPS: $27 in app
CANCEL: $5
POWER DRIVER 1: $43
GUARANTEE BONUS: ***$280***

..total bonuses EXCEED fares, so yeah guarantees work. also way low miles driven

#9 · (Edited)
weekly acceptance 90% to make it pay out, maybe yours is usually so low they figure it's pointless????

when I got my first invite to opt-in I was around 98, and generally fluctuate around 95ish... which is NOT to say I don't cherry pick, my pax-cancelld rate is ~45% lol

oh and I also had a Power Driver 20% week then... next invite came at Power Driver 10% tho.

and its definitely NOT rating, mine sucks donkey ballz after agreeing to a few John Wayne runs from gateds in Newport - those people suck already, and not ordering at least UberSelect + making Lyfts & UberX wait and then load luggage for zero tips says it all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.