• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Opinion: Uber and Lyft IPOs could mean the end of cheap rides

Jay Dean

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope you’re right, pax have been getting practically a free ride at our expense. Now I understand why taxi drivers never gave a crap about passengers.
Seriously feel things will change, money always talks, and money is talking lol. My first prediction was that this would be like welfare because it has gone on as long as it has, but since people are actually losing money (that are not drivers) with no path to profitability, there is no other answer then to raise rates lol.

I give it 3 months before things change, the ball is no longer in the tech companies court lol. Results is what ANY job or investor wants, been that way since the start. Flying cars, automation, nobody is fooled. Results...it is time to see them.

peteyvavs

Seriously feel things will change, money always talks, and money is talking lol. My first prediction was that this would be like welfare because it has gone on as long as it has, but since people are actually losing money (that are not drivers) with no path to profitability, there is no other answer then to raise rates lol.

I give it 3 months before things change, the ball is no longer in the tech companies court lol. Results is what ANY job or investor wants, been that way since the start. Flying cars, automation, nobody is fooled. Results...it is time to see them.
Uber May raise rates, but the drivers won’t see it, look at what Uber just implemented in DC, 30cents added to the booking fee, all for Uber.

Jay Dean

Uber May raise rates, but the drivers won’t see it, look at what Uber just implemented in DC, 30cents added to the booking fee, all for Uber.
The funny thing about investors is they are idiots for sure without doing full research first,but most are not idiots if they catch a wiff that drivers are making below min wage if they raise rates, they get even more scared (not because they care about drivers) but because it is a warning sign of what is natural to a flow of things for money making. Investors are stupid, but they also aren't that stupid. Things are going to change lol

Asificarewhatyoudontthink

They will do what they did in the Florida markets first.

Raise rider rates and futz around with the drivers percentage to "keep your income unaffected"

Jay Dean

Raise rider rates and futz around with the drivers percentage to "keep your income unaffected"
Investors are like stalkers, you even seen on this forum an Uber driver lurking to know when he could invest, results are key...there is no more holding back, they HAVE to produce a profit or a road to profit. Get your popcorn ready, it is going to be fun to watch lol

Michael1230nj

The Strike has placed Drivers issues in the Public Forum. Fares will go up and I believe we will receive more. Let’s see. I don’t think they can get anymore from the Drivers.

peteyvavs

Uber found another way to screw drivers out of money, now they’re offering pax’s 30% reduced fare and messing with the mileage if you use Google GPS. I had 3 trips this morning and everyone of those trips I was short changed.
Post automatically merged:

They already started doing this, screwing drivers on mileage if drivers use Google GPS.

Last edited: