• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

OPENING LAX TO UBER GAINS MOMENTUM

Optimus Uber

http://www.laweekly.com/news/opening-lax-to-uber-gains-momentum-5931961

Looks like its coming, Thats 3-2 so far.......

Looks like some of the council have cashed their checks, haha!!!!

A change of heart, or increased bank account??

chi1cabby your thoughts??

Garcetti was on Channel 7 on Sunday with Alpert. He was asked about Uber and Lyft from an angeleno and garcetti stated, the news release that came out was old news and that they have the same issue currently with taxi drivers and the charter drivers.

He said if they wanted to standardized on finger printing then thats fine with him but sees no issue with having tnc pick up at the airport. They just need to standarized what is acceptable.

Last edited:

Showa50

Insurance covered, Uber states all 3 periods are now covered
Yeah but for the politians to gloss over it like its not an issue is irresponsible. It's not the same for actual livery and TNC.
If LAWA is concerned about accidents on thier property they should take a closer look at the holes.

This might be the last opportunity for drivers to get legitimate insurance requirements.

Optimus Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah but for the politians to gloss over it like its not an issue is irresponsible. It's not the same for actual livery and TNC.
If LAWA is concerned about accidents on thier property they should take a closer look at the holes.

This might be the last opportunity for drivers to get legitimate insurance requirements.
I don't think it's glossed over. I think the requirement from the airport has been satisfied. Thats why they aren't bringing it up. The insurance company is California approved.

Optimus Uber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just happy that I don't live close to silver reign, fantasy island or plan b. Thank god there aren't any strip clubs in west SM

UberComic

I'm just happy that I don't live close to silver reign, fantasy island or plan b. Thank god there aren't any strip clubs in west SM
I need to finish writing a bit about a pax I picked up at Deja Vu in DTLA at 7 AM once. He was a cross between Tony Montana and the most interesting man in the world.