• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ontario Airport rules

RogerJS

I normally only get LAX and Burbank Airport drop offs., does anyone know the Ontario Airport pickup/drop off rules?

Walkersm

Ontario is actually run by the same org that runs LAX so the rules are the same as far as limos picking up and such, just a different fee structure.. Except I recently heard LAWA was giving back Ontario Airport back to the city of Ontario.

At LAX the Police are allowing drop off with Trade dress to stem the PR nightmare if they did not. Ontario has never made any such gesture that they will allow drop offs with trade dress. The only thing going for the TNC's there is there is just about zero outside (in the traffic lanes) police presence. So really nothing stopping you from dropping of picking up really.

So the rules are no business can do business there without registering with the airport. So technically not allowed to even be on the property.

Amsoil Uber Connect

I have done several drops at ONT. Just stay left on the center island, hide behind a bus if you can, never pull over in front of a taxi if possible. You'll be ok.

Southwest is the far east terminal.

Stay under the speed limit and all the lights turn green for you.

Have the pax sit up front.

Danielson_

I've done a couple drop offs at Ontario airport.
No traffic most of the time.

Last pax I dropped off about a month ago tipped me $10.
Drove her from Alhambra to ONT. when I asked why didn't she fly out of LAX she said, "LAX is a dump" lol

Last edited:

naesdj

I got two requests from there last night, while the uber app was showing red at 2.5x surge pricing. Should I not go there? I thought it wouldn't show up on a map if the areas wasn't allowed?

Last edited:

nostrils

Most pax at ontario are savvy enough to go out to the rental car parking lot and order an uber.

naesdj

Both times, they sent a text message saying they were at baggage claim, but the pin had them at least 1/2 mile away.

20yearsdriving

LAX yearly fee 150.00 per ride 5.00 average ride 110.00

ONT yearly fee 0.00 per ride 12.00 or 600 per year unlimited average ride 60.00

ONT is barely becoming a player

UberLaLa

I will drop at LAX & Burbank, period. I pick up at no airport - it isn't worth the $1k fine and vehicle impound.

My opinion is let the passengers and regulators figure it out. Not our problem. Sort of like hauling minors, UberDrunk pax, or puking passengers. I don't do them because the end result is too costly. Just takes one incident and any profits x10 that a driver has seen, from a year of doing just one of those that goes wrong, is wiped out.

Minimize your losses and you maximize your profits!

Ontario is actually run by the same org that runs LAX so the rules are the same as far as limos picking up and such, just a different fee structure.. Except I recently heard LAWA was giving back Ontario Airport back to the city of Ontario.

At LAX the Police are allowing drop off with Trade dress to stem the PR nightmare if they did not. Ontario has never made any such gesture that they will allow drop offs with trade dress. The only thing going for the TNC's there is there is just about zero outside (in the traffic lanes) police presence. So really nothing stopping you from dropping of picking up really.

So the rules are no business can do business there without registering with the airport. So technically not allowed to even be on the property.
I live out near Ontario. I pickup and deliver fares all the time. I deliver to LAX too. There is NO problem dropping off. Picking up at Ontario, you need to tell your pax to meet you where the busses pick up. Or..take your sticker out of the window.

naesdj

I live out near Ontario. I pickup and deliver fares all the time. I deliver to LAX too. There is NO problem dropping off. Picking up at Ontario, you need to tell your pax to meet you where the busses pick up. Or..take your sticker out of the window.
Where do the busses pickup?

The shuttle runs from lot 5 and takes people between the terminals. Lot 5 is at the east end of ONT near the Rental Return Center on the Haven and Airport Drive side of the airport.
This statement, which is true if you want to know WHERE the bus route is..is not an answer to the question 'where is the bus drop off'. Spend 45 seconds at Ontario airport, you'll see ALL THE BUSSES STOP AT AN ISLAND IN FRONT OF ALL THE TERMINALS.