Only if you earn >$130 per day

BuckleUp

Taking into account times spent on dinner and toilets, I’m struggling to make more than $130 most of the
Eat less salmonella kebabs then your toilet time will drop and you can be driving and getting pings not squeazing out meat.

ubernotes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
have a rider app in your phone to check haw many drivers around you. stay away from an aria were there are a lot of drivers.
I think unfortunately, uber Rider app lies about how many drivers are around you. whenever and wherever I open it, it always show 7 drivers in the area (excluding myself).

View attachment 221318

I do over $200 during the same hours,

This is my earnings this evening on Uber...

I have another $100 on Ola

Over $300 for the evening...and on a quiet Wednesday night, worst night of the week..

I suggest you do a little research on the forum...
what’s Uber commission for you? What is the suburb when you start around 4?

Dhaw

[

Over $300 for the evening...and on a quiet Wednesday night, worst night of the week..

Or follow MULDER around!:biggrin:

have a rider app in your phone to check haw many drivers around you. stay away from an aria were there are a lot of drivers.
Stay away from Aria because that's where the fat lady sings....:cool:

61Saxman

Hi peeps,

Everyday, I start driving around 4pm to 11pm and sometimes to 12am. Taking into account times spent on dinner and toilets, I’m struggling to make more than $130 most of the days. was thinking here some drivers may give me some hints by just telling me what their driving hours are.

Few times I started earlier - 1pm - but not received many trips until it was 4pm, hence I thought it’s just waste of petrol when I start earlier because perhaps most of people are at work and Uber requests are seldom.

Please make sure you state your driving hours regardless of any other advice you’ll give.
I start at midnight. 50$/hr for two hour s. run three apps

[email protected]

Hi peeps,

Everyday, I start driving around 4pm to 11pm and sometimes to 12am. Taking into account times spent on dinner and toilets, I’m struggling to make more than $130 most of the days. was thinking here some drivers may give me some hints by just telling me what their driving hours are.

Few times I started earlier - 1pm - but not received many trips until it was 4pm, hence I thought it’s just waste of petrol when I start earlier because perhaps most of people are at work and Uber requests are seldom.

Please make sure you state your driving hours regardless of any other advice you’ll give.
You need to work more hours. It’s that simple.
If you live too far from the core areas then I suggest you sleep in your car instead of going home and use toilets at fast food restaurants to freshen up. If you have a family, then just see them 2 or 3 times a week. They will understand.
If you include the other benefits you are gaining from doing uber then you are earning a lot more than $130 per day. You are doing the community a great service by driving them around for next to nothing, not to mention the great service you are doing for uber by donating your time, fuel, and car to enrich the company. And of course the ATO thanks you for the taxes you collect and pay them. So you see, you are earning a LOT more than $130.

The secret to uber is to do it as little as possible and instead getting a real job. If you really must do it because you just love the flexibility that everyone talks about, then do it on weekends when it is the busiest. Not sure how giving up your weekend to do uber instead of resting and spending time with family and friends is flexible but the pros on here tell us the love the flexibility so it must be.

Good luck.

Who is John Galt?

You need to work more hours. It’s that simple.
If you live too far from the core areas then I suggest you sleep in your car instead of going home and use toilets at fast food restaurants to freshen up. If you have a family, then just see them 2 or 3 times a week. They will understand.
If you include the other benefits you are gaining from doing uber then you are earning a lot more than $130 per day. You are doing the community a great service by driving them around for next to nothing, not to mention the great service you are doing for uber by donating your time, fuel, and car to enrich the company. And of course the ATO thanks you for the taxes you collect and pay them. So you see, you are earning a LOT more than $130.

The secret to uber is to do it as little as possible and instead getting a real job. If you really must do it because you just love the flexibility that everyone talks about, then do it on weekends when it is the busiest. Not sure how giving up your weekend to do uber instead of resting and spending time with family and friends is flexible but the pros on here tell us the love the flexibility so it must be.

Good luck.

I'm shocked. Truly shocked. I wondered where you had been, but it is now obvious that you have spent the last four weeks putting that post together. Good work, and for a TLDR'er it is nothing short of a miracle. :smiles:

Oh by the way, since we last spoke, I have dozens of new comments from pax waxing lyrical about conversations in my car. Would you like me to PM them to you? I've been thinking that you might like to join up to my special mailing list where each week I send out screenshots of comments from my adoring pax. Considering the joy and delight you will receive from reading these comments, the cost is more than reasonable at a bargain basement price of $50 per month. So, should I put you down for one or two subscriptions at this stage?

[email protected]

I'm shocked. Truly shocked. I wondered where you had been, but it is now obvious that you have spent the last four weeks putting that post together. Good work, and for a TLDR'er it is nothing short of a miracle. :smiles:

Oh by the way, since we last spoke, I have dozens of new comments from pax waxing lyrical about conversations in my car. Would you like me to PM them to you? I've been thinking that you might like to join up to my special mailing list where each week I send out screenshots of comments from my adoring pax. Considering the joy and delight you will receive from reading these comments, the cost is more than reasonable at a bargain basement price of $50 per month. So, should I put you down for one or two subscriptions at this stage?

I’ve stayed away from here because I was running out of vomit bags. Every time I read a FIGJAM or TLDR post I had to quickly get one of those bags out and use it myself. Those bags are meant to be for passengers.

Anyway, looks like nothing has changed and I haven’t been missing much. More or less the same FIGJAMers and TLDRers and a bunch of new ants with the same old questions.

Who is John Galt?

I’ve stayed away from here because I was running out of vomit bags. Every time I read a FIGJAM or TLDR post I had to quickly get one of those bags out and use it myself. Those bags are meant to be for passengers.

Anyway, looks like nothing has changed and I haven’t been missing much. More or less the same FIGJAMers and TLDRers and a bunch of new ants with the same old questions.

OK, reading between the lines I'd say $50 per month is too much for you at this point. Therefore for this one time only, I am prepared to give you a very special intro price of $25 for the first month. Don't delay. You will not regret this investment in your future. You deserve it.

tezza88

most of the times I start from Regents Park and drive through bankstown then through Canterbury road towards east.
I’ve tried many different routes but at the end of the day I end up earning ballpark of $130. That’s why I thought maybe I need to adjust my driving hours.

Which suburbs have you tried at that time? Few times I drove from 10:30 till 2:30 but not many requests and hence not much difference in my income. :frown:
Uber is nothing but a slave driver

What is that app?

View attachment 221318

I do over $200 during the same hours,

This is my earnings this evening on Uber...

I have another $100 on Ola

That’s child labor rates! $28pr/hr gross so minus your GST, fuel, toll, maintenance, rego, insurance, lunch, dinner. Might as well go busk at Pitt Street mall

uberpop

• Drive to Red Peak area as per Uber Map ( 10klm radius of CBD)
  • Drive from 4Pm to 8PM as a first shift
  • Accept every fare no matter what, dont cancel unless you absolutely have to and dont chase surges.
  • Have 30mins off and drive from 8.30 to 11PM
  • Set destination to home after 11PM any new fare is bonus
  • You should make $200 per session give or take evening.
  • Must stay in 10klm radius of CBD if you get a fare out of this area drive back to CBD.
  • Keep moving do not stay still.
Hey guys I went to the uber drivers training course last week before I start driving, just to get some tips.

The trainer told us never to keep moving once we complete a fare because Sydney is divided into segments, and once you arrive in an area you will get the next ping when it is your turn ....based on the time you have waited in that spot, after your last fare.

He told us if we keep driving we go in and out of all the segments and our turn to receive a fare will not come up as we keep being new in each area as we drive in and out by constantly driving.

He told us to drop off, and wait as the uber system knows when you arrived in that area and in turn you will get a ping.

Drive to a new area and you are on the bottom of the list again.

And if you keep moving you will be on the bottom of the list in every new area you are in.

Is this how you find it works?

Dhaw

Hey guys I went to the uber drivers training course last week before I start driving, just to get some tips.

The trainer told us never to keep moving once we complete a fare because Sydney is divided into segments, and once you arrive in an area you will get the next ping when it is your turn ....based on the time you have waited in that spot, after your last fare.

He told us if we keep driving we go in and out of all the segments and our turn to receive a fare will not come up as we keep being new in each area as we drive in and out by constantly driving.

He told us to drop off, and wait as the uber system knows when you arrived in that area and in turn you will get a ping.

And if you keep moving you will be on the bottom of the list in every new area you are in.

Anybody like this theory? I always thought trips were allocated on closest car?

slymer

Well after you drop-off a lone pax, esp female, outside his/her house in the suburbs, do not engine off and wait right there!

Staying put or moving, I find it don't make much diff to getting pings. I get pings when seated at the blackjack table as well as when on the move to the Sports bar down the other end.

What is most important is that you will never get a ping if there is no demand around you. So re-position yourself after a drop-off to be closer to people who would be on the move at that time of day. Not only will you advance quicker in the queue, but it's less likely pax will cancel on you because your ETA is 10mins away.

Mulder99

Depends in which areas..

I do both

ubernotes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Did they also tell you how long to wait? Sometimes there might not be enough requets in one area and you can’t wait indefinitely.

uberpop

Did they also tell you how long to wait? Sometimes there might not be enough requets in one area and you can’t wait indefinitely.
Yes he did, he said 15 minutes.

He also gave us the number of total pings in North, South, East and Western Sydney and the number of pings for what days and times over the past 12 months.

You can see what areas, and what days and times are best.

Course cost $70, 2 hours, with note handouts on the above info.

Well after you drop-off a lone pax, esp female, outside his/her house in the suburbs, do not engine off and wait right there!

Staying put or moving, I find it don't make much diff to getting pings. I get pings when seated at the blackjack table as well as when on the move to the Sports bar down the other end.

What is most important is that you will never get a ping if there is no demand around you. So re-position yourself after a drop-off to be closer to people who would be on the move at that time of day. Not only will you advance quicker in the queue, but it's less likely pax will cancel on you because your ETA is 10mins away.
He did say that.
Example Eastern Suburbs is high demand, so if you drop off outside a house within proximity to eastern suburbs, yes you can drive there.

But don't keep driving and driving, as whenever you cross over into another boundary, you go back to the bottom of the list