Only if you earn >$130 per day

ubernotes

Hi peeps,

Everyday, I start driving around 4pm to 11pm and sometimes to 12am. Taking into account times spent on dinner and toilets, I’m struggling to make more than $130 most of the days. was thinking here some drivers may give me some hints by just telling me what their driving hours are.

Few times I started earlier - 1pm - but not received many trips until it was 4pm, hence I thought it’s just waste of petrol when I start earlier because perhaps most of people are at work and Uber requests are seldom.

Please make sure you state your driving hours regardless of any other advice you’ll give.

UberSyd

Hi peeps,

Everyday, I start driving around 4pm to 11pm and sometimes to 12am. Taking into account times spent on dinner and toilets, I’m struggling to make more than $130 most of the days. was thinking here some drivers may give me some hints by just telling me what their driving hours are.

Few times I started earlier - 1pm - but not received many trips until it was 4pm, hence I thought it’s just waste of petrol when I start earlier because perhaps most of people are at work and Uber requests are seldom.

Please make sure you state your driving hours regardless of any other advice you’ll give.
What areas do you work?

sharkie 2016

Hi peeps,

you need to do peek time hours i am sure by 9,10,11, it slows right down i would only do them hours on week ends i think you need to a just your hours

Ausois

Afternoons and evenings are very Ola and Taxify dominated I note from using all three. I usually turn Uber off in the evenings as it is not required ......

nakatayi

Try 5am-10am weekday ,try to get some surge trips after 8:00am ,after 10am it is getting quiet, wait at international airport, finish around 12:00
if you really want to do more trips then go to domestic airport after 12:30, take some rest
Week days are very quiet Save your erengy for weekend,
best time for Saturday Is pre dinner 17:30-20:00 make sure you start in bondi ,paddington or north shore, go home sleep till 2am Sunday ,wake up and keep working until Sunday lunch finish ,this is the $$$ time of the week , a lot of surge trips I am sure
I Don’t drive for taxify and okay, can’t give you any advice

The time you are working I think is worst time to work

Mehmet2

4am 10am weekdays u get few people to train station in the morning .waste of time. Weekends not to bad but if pax take you to go around cronulla,manly,penrith,liverpool it will take you to dead places waste of fuel and time again drive 15 min for few min short trips uber is totally waste of TIME PETROL GST TAX AND EXPENSES ON YOUR CAR. You have no holiday pay no sick pay no super when you crush on the road and die your family will struggle.You are ruining your life.stay safe. if you have partner and kids go to centerlink you will make more $$$ thats what i will be doing SOON

Last edited:

President

Hi peeps,

You are working wrong hours. Try 10am - 02:00pm. Thaqts where all the gold is sand work in non-core areas

Do Ola & Taxify
Go catch

Cambeltown on fire during those hours

Sydney Uber

Hi peeps,

Try Taxis

Waingro

• Drive to Red Peak area as per Uber Map ( 10klm radius of CBD)
  • Drive from 4Pm to 8PM as a first shift
  • Accept every fare no matter what, dont cancel unless you absolutely have to and dont chase surges.
  • Have 30mins off and drive from 8.30 to 11PM
  • Set destination to home after 11PM any new fare is bonus
  • You should make $200 per session give or take evening.
  • Must stay in 10klm radius of CBD if you get a fare out of this area drive back to CBD.
  • Keep moving do not stay still.

ubernotes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What areas do you work?
most of the times I start from Regents Park and drive through bankstown then through Canterbury road towards east.
I’ve tried many different routes but at the end of the day I end up earning ballpark of $130. That’s why I thought maybe I need to adjust my driving hours.

You are working wrong hours. Try 10am - 02:00pm. Thaqts where all the gold is sand work in non-core areas
Which suburbs have you tried at that time? Few times I drove from 10:30 till 2:30 but not many requests and hence not much difference in my income. :frown:

Che97

most of the times I start from Regents Park and drive through bankstown then through Canterbury road towards east.
I’ve tried many different routes but at the end of the day I end up earning ballpark of $130. That’s why I thought maybe I need to adjust my driving hours.

Which suburbs have you tried at that time? Few times I drove from 10:30 till 2:30 but not many requests and hence not much difference in my income. :frown:
You are way too far west. You shouldn't be hanging around any further than Ashfield or Croydon. If you have a ride that takes you back past these suburbs, keep driving east. If you get a job, take it. If the job goes out west, once you finish, head back into the city.

Even at the times you want to work you should still be able to gross $35+/hour (although some hours will be better than others)

VIPinoy

Stay or move further west like Parramatta. Make sure to register with Ola and accept all trips from Ola. Accept only 35+ minutes Uber trips and decline the rest. You will earn your $130 or more easily with less driving time and distance. I live in Blacktown area and this is my current strategy. I just stay home waiting for ping and no longer head to city CBD or nearby suburbs unless a trip brings me there where i immediately set SD going back west after. I always get my $900-$1000 weekly target just by driving 25-30 hrs on Friday & Sat only. Hope this helps.

Mulder99

5C6315E7-9227-418E-A2F0-ED58E0C7C44E.png
Hi peeps,

I do over $200 during the same hours,

This is my earnings this evening on Uber...

I have another $100 on Ola

Over $300 for the evening...and on a quiet Wednesday night, worst night of the week..

I suggest you do a little research on the forum...

yoyoma

have a rider app in your phone to check haw many drivers around you. stay away from an aria were there are a lot of drivers.